The Student Room Group

Universities already have your exam results, how do you feel? Ask your questions here

Scroll to see replies

I'm so so so so so worried about getting some f*ucked up results and then staring at a blank paper of like BCD. Realistically I'm probably looking at ABC/ABB but I'm f r e a k i n g out. I'm kind of happy I'm on a gap year anyway and will be applying to UCAS through the 2020 cycle once I have my grades (so no uni has my results) but I need an ABB for Manchester & Nottingham and a BBB for Bristol regardless and I'm really panicking because I literally have 2 essay based subjects and they could be wrong. Idk, I'm so worried
Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Psychology at Coventry

Psychology is a very maths heavy course. I think they would be worried that you would struggle or fail the course if they let you in without a good maths gcse grade.

Are there any similar social science courses at coventry that you like that don’t have so much statistics?
Original post by PQ
Psychology is a very maths heavy course. I think they would be worried that you would struggle or fail the course if they let you in without a good maths gcse grade.

Are there any similar social science courses at coventry that you like that don’t have so much statistics?

No, I wanna do psychology so I’m gonna do it. Just gotta be positive about my results
How do I know if they have received my results? I haven't gotten an email and UCAS doesn't look like it's updated.

I'm very pleased with my results however.
Original post by FoxNuke
How do I know if they have received my results? I haven't gotten an email and UCAS doesn't look like it's updated.

It’s only 6 in the morning so maybe give it an hour or two
Are you receiving BTEC? Track won’t update until tomorrow when A-levels are out so you’ll have to sit tight.

Congratulations :heart:
Original post by FoxNuke

Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
It’s only 6 in the morning so maybe give it an hour or two
Original post by GavandeepR
Quick question is finance in clearing? Like Is there spaces available as that’s what I applied for

Hi,

We are confirming final numbers now, but with the exception of medicine it's likely all of our courses will have spaces in clearing. Things could possibly change, depending on how accurate our predictions are for insurance places, cascade offers etc.

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:
Josh
do unis know the raw mark you got along with the grade?
Original post by I.dont_know
do unis know the raw mark you got along with the grade?

No universities just get overall grades (and module grades for any modular A levels like in wales)
I'm freaking out so much. I have a really bad feeling I did terribly in all my exams.
Reply 90
Original post by Aleks<3
I'm freaking out so much. I have a really bad feeling I did terribly in all my exams.

Awh. Sending you a much need :hugs:. I'm also collecting my own results tomorrow and I'm feeling quite a bit anxious and nervous but either way, I think I'll be fine. What's your firm and insurance choices if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Awh. Sending you a much need :hugs:. I'm also collecting my own results tomorrow and I'm feeling quite a bit anxious and nervous but either way, I think I'll be fine. What's your firm and insurance choices if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

My firm is Warwick, my insurance is Birmingham. But since I didn't send something to them I don't know if I'll be accepted even if I do meet their entry requirements. Wbu? (:
Reply 92
Original post by Aleks<3
My firm is Warwick, my insurance is Birmingham. But since I didn't send something to them I don't know if I'll be accepted even if I do meet their entry requirements. Wbu? (:

What do you mean by sending something to them? I'm lost. For me personally, my firm is Leeds for Sociology and International Relations and my insurance is Essex for History and Politics (I couldn't be arsed to change the course since I don't want to go there any longer). TL;DR I'm very uncertain about my firm choice and whether it's the right place for me and have done some preparation and research for Clearing. Whatever happens, I should be okay. :smile:

With regards to Warwick, I recommend calling them up if you've just missed the grade by one or two grades. Good luck for tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
What do you mean by sending something to them? I'm lost. For me personally, my firm is Leeds for Sociology and International Relations and my insurance is Essex for History and Politics (I couldn't be arsed to change the course since I don't want to go there any longer). TL;DR I'm very uncertain about my firm choice and whether it's the right place for me and have done some preparation and research for Clearing. Whatever happens, I should be okay. :smile:

With regards to Warwick, I recommend calling them up if you've just missed the grade by one or two grades. Good luck for tomorrow. :smile:

I've already done 1 A level, so I had to send them my certificate. Good luck with that, I'm sure everything will be fine (:
I will do that! Thank you ^^
Original post by Aleks<3
I've already done 1 A level, so I had to send them my certificate. Good luck with that, I'm sure everything will be fine (:
I will do that! Thank you ^^

email a copy tonight :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help :h:

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:

Please could you edit the poll to add in:
o Not getting my free Nandos

Thank you kindly
Original post by PQ
No universities just get overall grades (and module grades for any modular A levels like in wales)

ah okay thanks! but then for someone who hypothetically misses their offer by a few marks -how can the uni decide whether to take them if they don't know the raw mark? would they go on to find it out?
Original post by I.dont_know
ah okay thanks! but then for someone who hypothetically misses their offer by a few marks -how can the uni decide whether to take them if they don't know the raw mark? would they go on to find it out?

Universities don't generally take that information into account (even when exams were modular). They'll either take everyone with a missed grade, no one or a handful based on other information (like interview notes, portfolio notes, test scores from another exam or PS/reference information).

If you're close to a grade boundary and getting a priority remark then you MUST let your universities know.
Original post by PQ
Universities don't generally take that information into account (even when exams were modular). They'll either take everyone with a missed grade, no one or a handful based on other information (like interview notes, portfolio notes, test scores from another exam or PS/reference information).

If you're close to a grade boundary and getting a priority remark then you MUST let your universities know.

this is v helpful - thank you so much!!!!!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help :h:

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:

Hi,

I was wondering when I get my results at 6:00am if they aren’t the entry requirements for my firm choice (Durham) can I call them as soon as or will I need to wait until 8:00am ?

Thanks,

Jake

Quick Reply

Latest