The Student Room Group

what time will UCAS track be updated on 15th Aug

What time should one check UCAS Track on 15th Aug...many say 6 am some say 8 am

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsediva

The official time is 8am.
Reply 2
some saying Track will get updated at 5:59 am?
Track ought to have been updated by 7.30 for advisers and 8 o'clock for applicants.

6 o'clock is the time the embargo is lifted and results can be announced.
some saying Track will get updated at 5:59 am?

That would break the results embargo that lasts until 6am.

Ucas have learned from their past mistakes - they don’t make Track live when there’s no one on the phone lines. Phone lines open at 7:30am. Track will not go live any earlier than that.
Reply 5
STEP results are at 00:01 am for the lads!
Original post by 学生の父
Track ought to have been updated by 7.30 for advisers and 8 o'clock for applicants.

6 o'clock is the time the embargo is lifted and results can be announced.

does that mean schools can start giving out results when they want to after 6am?

also, do universities have to wait until 8am to start sending out acceptance/rejection letters?
Reply 7
Thanks @PQ @ecolier

For clearing is it best to go after picking results from school at 7:30
Reply 8
Original post by bubblecat
does that mean schools can start giving out results when they want to after 6am?

also, do universities have to wait until 8am to start sending out acceptance/rejection letters?

Is your school giving results at 6 am?

Yes, centres can start doling out results any time from 6 a.m., although I doubt many will be open at that time. What many schools have done is put timers on their web servers so that candidates can access their results online from 6 a.m.

Unis can start communicating with their offer holders again at 6 a.m. That's when the embargo period ends. Track comes back on stream by 8 a.m., but not all decisions will have been uploaded by that time. You may have to wait until later, especially if you've missed your conditional offer by a grade or two.

danke schön for this thread
Original post by acidnbass
danke schön for this thread

Bitte schön.
Is your school giving results at 6 am?

no mine’s opening at 7:30
Reply 13
Original post by 学生の父
Yes, centres can start doling out results any time from 6 a.m., although I doubt many will be open at that time. What many schools have done is put timers on their web servers so that candidates can access their results online from 6 a.m.

Unis can start communicating with their offer holders again at 6 a.m. That's when the embargo period ends. Track comes back on stream by 8 a.m., but not all decisions will have been uploaded by that time. You may have to wait until later, especially if you've missed your conditional offer by a grade or two.

How do I know if my results will be posted online by school at 6 am (as mentioned by you). Did some schools inform students on this? I was not told anything? Dont even know if anyone will be at school before 9 am?
Reply 14
no mine’s opening at 7:30

Do you think our schools have already printed our results? or will they get the results at 6 am and then print etc
Original post by 学生の父
Bitte schön.

you speak very good French
Do you think our schools have already printed our results? or will they get the results at 6 am and then print etc

Madam, are you planning to break into the school madam. Madam.
Original post by acidnbass
you speak very good French

Let's hope you took neither French nor German at A-level then, eh! :wink:
How do I know if my results will be posted online by school at 6 am (as mentioned by you). Did some schools inform students on this? I was not told anything? Dont even know if anyone will be at school before 9 am?

Only the schools which have informed their pupils of this will offer this service. Sorry, if you haven't been given this option you will have to file into the school hall at the appointed time to fetch your results envelope.

Schools have already printed your results. They were able to log on to the exam board computers from midnight, and have already prepared everything for you.
Reply 19

We got a letter from my daughter's school saying theybwould be open at 7am for results. Can you ask one of your friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending