The Student Room Group

I don`t what career I want to do

Results day is coming up and I still don`t know what career I want to do. I`m interested History, sociology, anthropology, Law and Biology. I want a career where I`m helping people and making a difference. For A-levels I did History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science.
Reply 1
Original post by Caadey
Results day is coming up and I still don`t know what career I want to do. I`m interested History, sociology, anthropology, Law and Biology. I want a career where I`m helping people and making a difference. For A-levels I did History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science.

Maybe study Philosophy? A huge chunk of Philosophy is based on ethics, and justice, and what it means to be human and how to bring about a better world!
Reply 2
Original post by LWare
Maybe study Philosophy? A huge chunk of Philosophy is based on ethics, and justice, and what it means to be human and how to bring about a better world!

That`s sound interesting I`ll look into it
Reply 3
I don`t want to do Nursing.
Reply 4
Studying Longer
Reply 5
Original post by Caadey
That`s sound interesting I`ll look into it

Perfect!
History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science...and an interest in changing the world. Yeah, you'd be perfect for Philosophy! Come study with me at Kent?! What are you looking for, uni-wise?
Reply 6
:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by LWare
Perfect!
History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science...and an interest in changing the world. Yeah, you'd be perfect for Philosophy! Come study with me at Kent?! What are you looking for, uni-wise?

Originally I was thinking South-west area . But I`m open to going further a feild
Reply 8
I was thinking of careers like being a Teacher or Lawyer.
Reply 9
sorry I was giving them as examples for professional careers . But you know what I will consider it
Reply 10
Original post by Caadey
Originally I was thinking South-west area . But I`m open to going further a feild

Well, ok so, undergrad is mainly about developing critical skills you can go and use in other areas outside university. If you're interested in teaching and law...main skills there would be like: reading and understanding texts/ideas/materials/people, getting the main ideas, and being able to communicate in a variety of styles to champion a point. You need this in law and in teaching. Texts and argument analysis and logic and communication are what Philosophy's all about!
Reply 11
Original post by LWare
Well, ok so, undergrad is mainly about developing critical skills you can go and use in other areas outside university. If you're interested in teaching and law...main skills there would be like: reading and understanding texts/ideas/materials/people, getting the main ideas, and being able to communicate in a variety of styles to champion a point. You need this in law and in teaching. Texts and argument analysis and logic and communication are what Philosophy's all about!

okay cool
Out of curiosity, was the exam board Edexcel for Applied Science, because I'm currently taking it for one of my subjects and I'm about to go into Yr13
Original post by Caadey

Our passions constantly change so your best bet is to do something which keeps as many doors open as possible.
Reply 14
Original post by Ja78975
Out of curiosity, was the exam board Edexcel for Applied Science, because I'm currently taking it for one of my subjects and I'm about to go into Yr13

It was AQA
Original post by Caadey
It was AQA

oh ok
Original post by Caadey

QA apprenticeships have a clearing hotline today! Give them a call and see if you could jump straight into a qualification and a job.

Quick Reply

Latest