The Student Room Group

Email rejection from insurance choice

I’ve received an email from my insurance choice before I’ve had my results saying that they are sorry I won’t be joining them. My insurance is a significantly lower offer, does this mean that I haven’t been accepted into my firm choice? Or that I have? I’m really nervous and unsure.

Scroll to see replies

There's a chance you got in

Edit: Although I thought unis can't email you if you got in or not before track opens/ 6 am on the day
(edited 4 years ago)
Don't count on any emails just yet. Wait till track opens tomorrow because any response you get officially from the unis will be found on track.
Original post by Livvyolo9201
I’ve received an email from my insurance choice before I’ve had my results saying that they are sorry I won’t be joining them. My insurance is a significantly lower offer, does this mean that I haven’t been accepted into my firm choice? Or that I have? I’m really nervous and unsure.

does sound like bad news tbh. prepare for clearing, of which increasingly excellent unis like Exeter and KCL take part in.
I remember this happened a few years ago (2 maybe) completely randomly to people whether they got in or not I believe
Reply 5

May I ask which uni and course this is in relation to?

it's impossible to say if this means they declined you or you got into firm and hence UCAS has told them you met your firm grades...

I would prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

ie get ready to enter clearing (or resit or foundation year etc) ..but also have the champagne on ice.

Best of luck!

(just a quick anecdote but IF and i reiterate IF it doesn't go to plan, its fine I went to uni via clearing and now 5 years later im about to start a PhD in a very competitive research group, so it really doesnt matter, if youve got the mental endurance you'll make it no matter what you want to do in the future)

again Best of Luck!!!

I'm so sorry you received this email :frown: So stressful. I hope it was a mistake and someone literally pressed the wrong button. Which course/ uni? We'll do what we can to help you :hugs:

This sounds like it's been sent in error by the university. It's not possible to tell what this means in terms of getting into your choices or your results ... I'm really sorry you've received this, it must be stressful :frown:

Try not to worry about it if you can and get some sleep before tomorrow.

The email has been sent by mistake- unis are under a strict embargo not to let students know anything about their results until 6am tomorrow. Therefore, whoever sent this email has messed up.

It's possible this email was never meant to come to you in the first place.

But it could also mean you've got into your firm.

Try not to worry about it too much!

(And if you're willing then name and shame the uni :wink: )
Original post by SarcAndSpark

this is what I was curious about...
Original post by She-Ra
I'm so sorry you received this email :frown: So stressful. I hope it was a mistake and someone literally pressed the wrong button. Which course/ uni? We'll do what we can to help you :hugs:

It was Keele university for a foundation year.
Original post by mnot
this is what I was curious about...

It was Keele University’s foundation year
It was Keele university for a foundation year.

Ok, what are your predicted grades and what subject? Who is your firm choice and what course is it? Another foundation? :heart:
Original post by She-Ra
Ok, what are your predicted grades and what subject? Who is your firm choice and what course is it? Another foundation? :heart:

I’m predicted bbb. My firm is Nottingham Trent for history. Thank you for helping.
Ok :smile: And that's not a foundation year? Fingers crossed.

Right now, there isn't much you can do. Track will open just before 8 - that's the only way you'll know for sure.

Last year emails went out from unis at 6am saying similar things. It might be that you have got into your firm. What else did the email say?
Original post by She-Ra
Ok :smile: And that's not a foundation year? Fingers crossed.

Right now, there isn't much you can do. Track will open just before 8 - that's the only way you'll know for sure.

Last year emails went out from unis at 6am saying similar things. It might be that you have got into your firm. What else did the email say?

It’s not a foundation year and this is all the email said ‘We are sorry to hear that you will not be joining us at Keele University this year, and would like to offer you the opportunity to feed back on your experience of applying to Keele University.’.
Reply 17
Original post by SarcAndSpark
The email has been sent by mistake- unis are under a strict embargo not to let students know anything about their results until 6am tomorrow. Therefore, whoever sent this email has messed up.

It's possible this email was never meant to come to you in the first place.

But it could also mean you've got into your firm.

Try not to worry about it too much!

6am? I thought we won't know until 8am?
It’s not a foundation year and this is all the email said ‘We are sorry to hear that you will not be joining us at Keele University this year, and would like to offer you the opportunity to feed back on your experience of applying to Keele University.’.

It sounds like the decision is out of their hands because they've said "we're sorry to hear that you will not be joining us".... because you're already going somewhere else?
Fingers crossed it's because you got into your firm (NTU) :hugs:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SamPar
6am? I thought we won't know until 8am?

Track doesn't update until 8am, but the embargo is only until 6am.

Quick Reply

Latest