The Student Room Group

Manchester Mathematics with AAB?

Screwed up my results a bit and got AAB, got rejected from my firm hoping to go through adjustment to get something better than my insurance. The usual offer for this is AAA is there any chance I could still get in?
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics
Original post by jhutch743
Screwed up my results a bit and got AAB, got rejected from my firm hoping to go through adjustment to get something better than my insurance. The usual offer for this is AAA is there any chance I could still get in?
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics

You can only go through adjustment if you exceed your offer conditions, and it sounds like you unfortunately didn't. Do you mean through clearing? It's worth calling them to ask!
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics

you can't use adjustment as you haven't exceeded your firm, you would have to go through clearing. Many universities won't speak you without a clearing number but you could try.
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics

There will be many Maths courses in clearing. Have a look at Exeter or maybe Lancaster with your grades
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics

Hello!
Lancaster has Maths courses available through clearing and are accepting BBB.
Lancaster is a top ten uni and is currently 9th in the UK for Maths.
You can find out more here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/# and phone if interested:
Applicants calling from within the UK: 0800 298 9542
Applicants calling from outside the UK: +44 1524 931300 Own country charges may apply
Let me know if you have any questions at all & yes you'll need a clearing number!
Charlotte :smile:
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
you can't use adjustment as you haven't exceeded your firm, you would have to go through clearing. Many universities won't speak you without a clearing number but you could try.

Original post by chelseadagg3r
You can only go through adjustment if you exceed your offer conditions, and it sounds like you unfortunately didn't. Do you mean through clearing? It's worth calling them to ask!

Yeah I meant clearing just didn't know if you could whilst still holding the offer from my insurance. I'll probably try Leeds or something if Manchester doesn't work out.
Yeah I meant clearing just didn't know if you could whilst still holding the offer from my insurance. I'll probably try Leeds or something if Manchester doesn't work out.

you can try but they might want you to give up your insurance offer.

Technically you need a clearing number, so you won't be able to actually apply through clearing until you're in clearing, but it;s worth seeing if they'll have a chat with you in the meantime
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
you can try but they might want you to give up your insurance offer.

Oh I definitely would if required.
Oh I definitely would if required.

you could make some calls and if you get nowhere then you'll have to put yourself in clearing.
Loads of good maths courses in clearing. Exeter for example are asking ACC. You could go to Sheffield, Lancaster. Worth checking the websites for a load of universities you might fancy and see where there are spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending