_pxmudi_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Well hello guys and welcome back to my newest GYG blog. My last GYG blog did not go as planned, I did not keep up with it. So this time I really want to make this work.

WHO AM I?
Spoiler:
Show

I am a 17 year old girl who just did her A-Levels this May/June. My exam board was CIE. And as you may know, the CIE results were released on the 13th of August and well, they did not go as planned. So now I'm here with a plan to somehow pave a successful path to my future and I really hope this GYG blog would help me to stay rooted to the ground and remind me of my goals.

MY MAY/JUNE 2019 RESULTS
Spoiler:
Show

The subjects I undertook were biology, chemistry, physics and AS english.
Biology - B
Chemistry - D
Physics - E
English - c
Now you might be able to see why my results clearly did not go as planned.
Well biology and english did go as planned, even though I would have loved to get an A in biology. But thinking about how wierd the paper 4 was, I'm grateful and happy that I ended up with a B. And english, woahhh. Totally wasn't expecting a 'c' because I decided to do AS english for the exam in February, and I didn't really even prepare for the exam. That 'c' came out of nowhere. I mean I know I'm pretty good at english but I never expected that result, especially after seeing that most of my friends who actually did english ended up with 'e's in their AS.
Chemistry and Physics was and is always the problem. I just lack the mathematical portion of my brain.

MY CURRENT PLAN
Spoiler:
Show

So with these results I actually do have paths I can go and obtain a biomedical science degree. But my parents specifically want to send me to Norway/Germany. Regarding those countries, my results are a total problem. So now I have decided to resit my A2 chemistry and physics papers in October/November (along with biology maybe).
Just thinking about doing the exam again stresses me out so much. I really want to just move forward with these results. But this is how my current plan looks like (might change though).

In case this ends up being my plan the grades I hope to achieve are:
Chemistry - B or C
Physics - C (or luckily a B).

Well I really hope I can make this work. Just wanted to put this out there. Will update this GYG blog continuously.

Good Luck to me and all the other students who are starting their new GYG blogs along with new goals/dreams. :heart:
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
im here to support u sis!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs:
tag meeeee:heart:
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Best of luck!! :rave:
_pxmudi_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
im here to support u sis!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs:
tag meeeee:heart:
Heyyy, thank u so much! :jumphug:
I will for sure tag you. How are your results?
_pxmudi_
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Best of luck!! :rave:
Thank youuu! :heart:
_pxmudi_
Rep:
?
Guys just let me know if you want to get tagged, i will for sure tag you.

Spoiler:
Show
TAG LIST
Ailurophile03
_pxmudi_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So hey guys, issa new day issa a new life!

It is Sunday today (18/08/2019), 06:55, and here I am sitting at my desk with my laptop open. So I had my morning tea and was surfing through Instagram for a bit. Idk about you but its so hard to transition back into the exam mode when you already thought that you left the great burden of A-Levels behind in May/June. Just waking myself up early and staring at books and doing papers have already made me nauseous. And the thing is I have to up my game and go snap snap snap since I'm sitting for the Oct/Nov series.
EXAM DATES

Spoiler:
Show
Biology (still not sure if I'm doing it or not) - paper 42 (October 23) & paper 52 (November 6)
Chemistry - paper 42 (October 21) & paper 52 (November 4)
Physics - paper 42 (October 30) & paper 52 (November 5)

So yeah, that seems like a total bunch huh?
Last edited by _pxmudi_; 1 month ago
_pxmudi_
Rep:
?
Okay so I have a quick question to ask and I hope at least one of you can help me out.
For my AS, I got a 'd' in both Chemistry and Physics. The percentage marks were 56 for Chemistry and 50 for Physics.
So I want to know if its possible to at least get a C in Physics and maybe a B in Chemistry by doing just the A2 papers. If yes, how well should I do those papers to get those grades?

Thank You
Ailurophile03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _pxmudi_)
Okay so I have a quick question to ask and I hope at least one of you can help me out.
For my AS, I got a 'd' in both Chemistry and Physics. The percentage marks were 56 for Chemistry and 50 for Physics.
So I want to know if its possible to at least get a C in Physics and maybe a B in Chemistry by doing just the A2 papers. If yes, how well should I do those papers to get those grades?

Thank You
yes its possible
like were those d close to a c?
covert ur raw mark to ums, and subtract by the ums number required to get a b, than u would know approximately what grade u need in order to get an overall B

hope this helpxx
_pxmudi_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
yes its possible
like were those d close to a c?
covert ur raw mark to ums, and subtract by the ums number required to get a b, than u would know approximately what grade u need in order to get an overall B

hope this helpxx
Yea well the chemistry one was pretty close. Thank you so much!
Ailurophile03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _pxmudi_)
Yea well the chemistry one was pretty close. Thank you so much!
welcome xx
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads