The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Reapplication?

Hi. I was lucky enough to get an offer from Durham for History earlier this year (A*AA) and was ecstatic. Now on Results Day, I've got A*A*A*A and am thinking about reapplying to Oxford (I was rejected after interview). However, I'm concerned that Durham won't let me in again if I reapply, as I've heard they can be like this and can make confusing decisions. Is this a known thing? Does it depend on the college? Basically, will Durham reject you if you reapply after turning down an offer?
Original post by Jeck123
Hi. I was lucky enough to get an offer from Durham for History earlier this year (A*AA) and was ecstatic. Now on Results Day, I've got A*A*A*A and am thinking about reapplying to Oxford (I was rejected after interview). However, I'm concerned that Durham won't let me in again if I reapply, as I've heard they can be like this and can make confusing decisions. Is this a known thing? Does it depend on the college? Basically, will Durham reject you if you reapply after turning down an offer?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be petty like that - they wouldn't know you were rejecting to put in an Oxbridge app. Wouldn't depend on the college cuz afaik Durham colleges are residential and nothing to do with central admissions. If you really want to reapply to Oxford (all things considered and would spend a year to do so; I took a gap year, not for oxbridge but you know, and it could be productive) then would go for it! Congratulations on your grades ^^
(edited 4 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be petty like that - they wouldn't know you were rejecting to put in an Oxbridge app. Wouldn't depend on the college cuz afaik Durham colleges are residential and nothing to do with central admissions. If you really want to reapply to Oxford (all things considered and would spend a year to do so; I took a gap year, not for oxbridge but you know, and it could be productive) then would go for it! Congratulations on your grades ^^

Thanks so much for your advice and kind words!
Original post by Jeck123
Thanks so much for your advice and kind words!

No problem, good luck with everything ^^

Quick Reply

Latest