The Student Room Group

White Supremacist Sets Fire to 18th Century UK Synagogue in Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Baron of Sealand
Tragic. Many Jewish people in the UK are white too

I imagine thats a rather secondary and irrelevant point to these people.
Reply 21
Original post by Napp
Doubt it, if memory serves the nazis werent overly big on people of, mmm how do i say this politely, limited intellectual capability.. Going on prima facie evidence he'd have probably been joining those he hates so much.

As much as I hate to say it if going by IQ there were some extremely smart people at the top of the hierarchy despite their obvious lack of morality.

Data from IQ tests from Nuremberg
Name I.Q.
Dönitz, Karl 138
Frank, Hans 130
Frick, Wilhelm 124
Fritzsche, Hans 130
Funk, Walther 124
Göring, Hermann 138
Hess, Rudolf 120
Jodl, Alfred 127
Kaltenbrunner, Ernst 113
Keitel, Wilhelm 129
Neurath, Konstantin von 125
Papen, Franz von 134
Raeder, Erich 134
Ribbentrop, Joachim von 129
Rosenberg, Alfred 127
Sauckel, Fritz 118
Schacht, Hjalmar 143
Schirach, Baldur von 130
Seyss-Inquart, Arthur 141
Speer, Albert 128
Streicher, Julius 106
Reply 22
Original post by Burton Bridge
He's got an ability to be wrong with almost machine like consistently has Napp.

Unfortunately casting those with different views to oneself as stupid really highlights stupidity but not where the accuser indended to highlight it.

I'm seriously starting to think you have a queer fetish regarding me, you seem to reference me with an alarming frequency. amusingly enough always either accusing me of 'slander' or 'being wrong' despite the fact you have demonstrated you dont know what either word means... nevermind the fact you havent a clue about what you profess to be an expert on. I mean given that you claim to be some old man as well i'd have assumed you would at least have the ability to be able to read, apparently not given this comment.
Reply 23
Original post by dlyon
As much as I hate to say it if going by IQ there were some extremely smart people at the top of the hierarchy despite their obvious lack of morality.

Data from IQ tests from Nuremberg
Name I.Q.
Dönitz, Karl 138
Frank, Hans 130
Frick, Wilhelm 124
Fritzsche, Hans 130
Funk, Walther 124
Göring, Hermann 138
Hess, Rudolf 120
Jodl, Alfred 127
Kaltenbrunner, Ernst 113
Keitel, Wilhelm 129
Neurath, Konstantin von 125
Papen, Franz von 134
Raeder, Erich 134
Ribbentrop, Joachim von 129
Rosenberg, Alfred 127
Sauckel, Fritz 118
Schacht, Hjalmar 143
Schirach, Baldur von 130
Seyss-Inquart, Arthur 141
Speer, Albert 128
Streicher, Julius 106

I was reffering to Hitler and his acolytes propensity for exterminating those with err obsolete intellectual equipment. I would also note that the IQ score of someone is of extremely dubious use in determining their intelligence though. there might be a limited correlation but given how its compiled its of very little use in determining certain types of intelligence.
With that being said fair point on the aforementioned chaps. Although i'd note that Speer, Ribbentrip and Donitz, by most accounts, werent as much morally bankrupt as just doing the job, as it were. Unlike some of the others mentioned in your list.
Original post by Napp
I was reffering to Hitler and his acolytes propensity for exterminating those with err obsolete intellectual equipment. I would also note that the IQ score of someone is of extremely dubious use in determining their intelligence though. there might be a limited correlation but given how its compiled its of very little use in determining certain types of intelligence.
With that being said fair point on the aforementioned chaps. Although i'd note that Speer, Ribbentrip and Donitz, by most accounts, werent as much morally bankrupt as just doing the job, as it were. Unlike some of the others mentioned in your list.

I have to agree with you on the point of IQ correlating with intelligence, common sense is a far better indicator.
So sad. May Allah grant the victims successes, reduce their pain and help them out in every way. May He punish the disgusting man responsible. Ameen.
Original post by Aaryra
So sad. May Allah grant the victims successes, reduce their pain and help them out in every way. May He punish the disgusting man responsible. Ameen.

Oh **** Allah, **** God, **** Mohammed and **** religion, it is the cause of pretty much all wars.
Please don't try to deny my right to my athiest views when religious types can freely give their views.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ColinDent
Oh **** Allah, **** God, **** Mohammed and **** religion, it is the cause of pretty much all wars.

Yeah me asking for happiness for the victims is creating war:confused:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Ahh yes, like Arthur Rodl for example (Sachsenhausen and Buchenwald) who even his peers thought to be of remarkably low intelligence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_R%C3%B6dl

Or Franz Stangl (Treblinka) who was thought to have an IQ of around ~80 by US psychologists who interviewed him.

Perhaps you've been reading the wrong websites?

The Nazis were for the most part a very intelligent group of people. It was the anarchic style of government and Hitlers unrealistic goals that lead to their downfall.
Original post by Aaryra
Yeah me asking for happiness for the victims is creating war:confused:

No I said religion is the cause of pretty much every war, which it is.
If there were no God or Mohammed or Allah then maybe there would be less attrocities occuring on the behalf of fictional characters on a daily basis.
If there were no God or Mohammed or Allah then maybe there would be less attrocities occuring on the behalf of fictional characters on a daily basis.

You just simply have a very narrow minded view of history if you actually believe that.
Original post by Alexty28
You just simply have a very narrow minded view of history if you actually believe that.

Do I? Which wars were not caused by some religious belief or other, I'll give you the Falklands.
Do I? Which wars were not caused by some religious belief or other, I'll give you the Falklands.

Napoleonic War, American War of Independence, American Civil War, WW1 and WW2 (those are pretty major conflicts), Vietnam War, Korean War, Russian Civil War, Greek Civil War, French Indochina Wars, Portugal Colonial Wars, Iraq/Iran War, African Wars in the Congo, Crimean War, Opium Wars, 100 Year War, War of the Roses, and many many more.

'caused by some religious belief or other' specify what you mean by 'other'? Because you seemed to blame it all on religion.
(edited 4 years ago)
Napoleonic War, American War of Independence, American Civil War, WW1 and WW2 (those are pretty major conflicts), Vietnam War, Korean War, Russian Civil War, Greek Civil War, French Indochina Wars, Portugal Colonial Wars, Iraq/Iran War, African Wars in the Congo, Crimean War, Opium Wars, 100 Year War, War of the Roses, and many many more.

'caused by some religious belief or other' specify what you mean by 'other'? Because you seemed to blame it all on religion.

World wars 1 & 2 weren't caused by religion? Lol
Also Iraq/Iran wars?? You need to do some reading old chap.
(edited 4 years ago)
World wars 1 & 2 weren't caused by religion? Lol
Also Iraq/Iran wars?? You need to do some reading old chap.

Are you kidding me? I'm the one who needs to do reading? Do you even know what the 1980 Iran-Iraq war was mate? It was over the territorial dispute over the Shatt al-Arab and Saddam's fears that the Iranian Revolution would spark a similar uprising in his country.

Only an idiot would blame WW1 and WW2 on religion. A statement like that completely undermines the complex geopolitical issues of each time period. WW1 was built upon growing rivalries through the alliance systems, German expansion, European colonialism, technological advancements and previous conflicts. The only exception was when the Ottoman Empire called for Jihad, but that was simply a stunt to get Muslims on the side of the Central Powers. WW2 was building from the tensions left from the end of WW1, new radical political ideologies, and aggressive expansionism.
Original post by Napp
Looney bin will do quite nicely.

Doubt it, if memory serves the nazis werent overly big on people of, mmm how do i say this politely, limited intellectual capability.. Going on prima facie evidence he'd have probably been joining those he hates so much.

Nazis were incredibly smart and more technologically advanced than we were. Look up operation paperclip, many Nazi leaders were freed of war crimes if they worked for the US government. The first director of NASA was a Nazi.

I'm in no way supporting the Nazi party just saying.

Lol you’re just a hateful person. We’re talking about a mass shooting and you’re taking the opportunity to tell me off for praying that the victims can like survive. Good on ya, you really proved me wrong
Are you kidding me? I'm the one who needs to do reading? Do you even know what the 1980 Iran-Iraq war was mate? It was over the territorial dispute over the Shatt al-Arab and Saddam's fears that the Iranian Revolution would spark a similar uprising in his country.

Only an idiot would blame WW1 and WW2 on religion. A statement like that completely undermines the complex geopolitical issues of each time period. WW1 was built upon growing rivalries through the alliance systems, German expansion, European colonialism, technological advancements and previous conflicts. The only exception was when the Ottoman Empire called for Jihad, but that was simply a stunt to get Muslims on the side of the Central Powers. WW2 was building from the tensions left from the end of WW1, new radical political ideologies, and aggressive expansionism.

So the Iran/Iraq war was nothing to do with Shi'ite and Ba'athist factions then, they are religious I believe.
Original post by Aaryra
Lol you’re just a hateful person. We’re talking about a mass shooting and you’re taking the opportunity to tell me off for praying that the victims can like survive. Good on ya, you really proved me wrong

I'm saying that without organised religion this sort of stuff would not happen, it is quite literally the reason we have the problem.
So the Iran/Iraq war was nothing to do with Shi'ite and Ba'athist factions then, they are religious I believe.

Baathists are secular nationalists and not religious.
I think you may be referring to an explosive combination of religious fanatics and tribal sectarians.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending