The Student Room Group

Going abck to uni is giving me anxiety cos im the ugliest there

HELP!
Original post by Anonymous
HELP!

'ugliest' and attraction is very subjective. And uni is about learning etc., your looks should not be the priority :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BurstingBubbles
'ugliest' and attraction is very subjective. And uni is about learning etc., your looks should not be the priority :smile:

I know but everyone is more good looking than me and has an awesome personality. I have missed 80% of lectures due to this issue :frown:
I know but everyone is more good looking than me and has an awesome personality. I have missed 80% of lectures due to this issue :frown:

If you're feeling like this so strongly that it's affecting your studies, then you should really speak to a doctor and arrange some counselling. Everyone has insecurities about their personality and appearance, but it shouldn't impact their life like it is for you, which suggests a more serious issue.

To be honest, university is for you to learn and gain skills for employment or further education. It is not a beauty show or popularity contest. You are letting this impact on your learning, and it is likely that you won't do as well because of this and impact on your future employment/career. Clearly it is a big deal to you, so try and seek some support from uni and/or your GP/a counsellor - because realistically you will not be able to hold down a job/get the money you need in life if this is an ongoing problem and pattern of not turning up.

It's sad you're letting it impact on your uni learning so please seek some support asap because it seems like it's more than just being worried about how you look and your personality and might be more depression/anxiety. Obviously only your doctor will be able to diagnose something like that though.

Really hope things get easier for you soon :smile:

Honestly, no one cares what you look like apart from you. If you are missing lectures because of this, the problem is not your looks, there is something more going on there like depression or anxiety. You need to see your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest