The Student Room Group

GCSE - Exam Results Helpline - Official Thread

Welcome to the official Exam Results Helpline thread!

Exam results advisers (Sophie, Tom and Samrita) will be on hand throughout August to support GCSE students, simply post your questions or discussion points here.

You can also call the Exam Results Helpline for free on 0800 100 900 between the 14th - 29th August 8am-10pm.

For regular tips, advice and updates you can also follow the official Exam Results Helpline Twitter page here - https://twitter.com/ExamResults2019

Good luck and remember - it's good to talk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by National Careers Service

Exam results advisers (Sophie, Tom and Samrita) will be on hand throughout August to support GCSE students, simply post your questions or discussion points here.

You can also call the Exam Results Helpline for free on 0800 100 900 between the 14th - 29th August 8am-10pm.

For regular tips, advice and updates you can also follow the official Exam Results Helpline Twitter page here - https://twitter.com/ExamResults2019

My school have seriously let me down. Since I’m on holiday for results day, I can’t collect my results. The only options my school gave me was to either, get it sent home but , we have to supply a stamped envelope OR get someone else to collect my results. They couldn’t even be bothered to email me my results! And I definitely don’t want to have one on my friends take a picture and send it to me , as that would be an awful experience.
Original post by emilyr2019
My school have seriously let me down. Since I’m on holiday for results day, I can’t collect my results. The only options my school gave me was to either, get it sent home but , we have to supply a stamped envelope OR get someone else to collect my results. They couldn’t even be bothered to email me my results! And I definitely don’t want to have one on my friends take a picture and send it to me , as that would be an awful experience.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Most schools will not have the ability to e-mail your results out for you some schools may be able to put the results onto an internet system, but most will rely on students picking up their results on Thursday morning.

Have you been able to organise anything to ensure you receive your results?

If you are waiting on your results to know whether you have been successful in applying for a university course, you may be able to log onto UCAS Track on Thursday morning and see if there is any information from the universities directly.

Thanks

Tom.
Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Most schools will not have the ability to e-mail your results out for you some schools may be able to put the results onto an internet system, but most will rely on students picking up their results on Thursday morning.

Have you been able to organise anything to ensure you receive your results?

If you are waiting on your results to know whether you have been successful in applying for a university course, you may be able to log onto UCAS Track on Thursday morning and see if there is any information from the universities directly.

Thanks

Tom.

I’m getting them sent in the post and I will get them a week late . The application for 6th form is on results day too, but I’ve made sure with the school that they know that I want to go there .

Hi, I have completed my o levels, with 8 subjects, and have a B in English and ungraded in Maths. I have taken admission for the Certificate Program of Common Law which is equivalent to LLB'1 and for those who do not meet the entry requirements of normal LLB. And after completing 1 hear of this program I'll be in LLB'2. So after I have the LLB complete 3 year University of London degree in my hand, will I be accepted into a Law uni in UK for LLM (Masters in Law)? With a fail in Math O level, without A levels, and with an LLB degree?
Original post by emilyr2019
I’m getting them sent in the post and I will get them a week late . The application for 6th form is on results day too, but I’ve made sure with the school that they know that I want to go there .

Ok, that’s good.

If the school are aware that you are looking to take a place at 6th Form, then they should have things in place to ensure you are offered a place if your grades are suitable.

In addition to this, just to make sure you are covering all possibilities, is there any way you can ask a friend to just remind the school about your 6th form place as well? It’s very unlikely that they will have forgotten about it but it may help you feel a bit better that things are moving in the right direction?

Thanks and good luck!

Tom.
Original post by amnanadeem

Hi, I have completed my o levels, with 8 subjects, and have a B in English and ungraded in Maths. I have taken admission for the Certificate Program of Common Law which is equivalent to LLB'1 and for those who do not meet the entry requirements of normal LLB. And after completing 1 hear of this program I'll be in LLB'2. So after I have the LLB complete 3 year University of London degree in my hand, will I be accepted into a Law uni in UK for LLM (Masters in Law)? With a fail in Math O level, without A levels, and with an LLB degree?

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

As entry requirements can be different at different universities so in order to get the most accurate information, it would be best to speak with the university you are looking to apply to directly to ask the question. That way, you can be sure you are making future plans based on information which is 100% correct.

You can search UCAS (www.ucas.com) for information about different law degrees but when it comes to masters qualifications, the university tends to be more flexible so speaking with them directly is strongly recommended.

Many thanks and good luck!

Tom
Time went fast. I’m confident and I can see myself being successful on results day.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Time went fast. I’m confident and I can see myself being successful on results day.

Fantastic attitude - I'm sure you will be successful too!

Good luck!

Tom.
Reply 9
Hi I have taken a gcse a year early and am nervous waiting for the result.
If if get a 9 (hopefully i do) im unsure whether to tell school or the reaaction i will receive from others.
Any advice?
Original post by Graym
Hi I have taken a gcse a year early and am nervous waiting for the result.
If if get a 9 (hopefully i do) im unsure whether to tell school or the reaaction i will receive from others.
Any advice?

Hi, thanks for your post.

Regardless of the grade you receive, it’s completely up to you whether you tell anyone your results! If you choose to keep it to yourself, that’s absolutely fine if you feel you want to tell people, go for it, you’ve taken a lot on to be doing a GCSE a year early so it’s something to be proud of!

I can’t imagine anyone having a problem or reacting negatively to you taking a GCSE early but if it’s something you are worried about, why not speak to a friend about it first and then you can see what sport of reaction you get.

At the end of the day, it’s something that you have completed and in the long run, having an additional GCSE qualification will be great for applying for future opportunities - so if someone has a problem with it, let them have a problem; you’re the one with the extra qualification, not them!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Tom.
Reply 11
Hi, thanks for your post.

Regardless of the grade you receive, it’s completely up to you whether you tell anyone your results! If you choose to keep it to yourself, that’s absolutely fine if you feel you want to tell people, go for it, you’ve taken a lot on to be doing a GCSE a year early so it’s something to be proud of!

I can’t imagine anyone having a problem or reacting negatively to you taking a GCSE early but if it’s something you are worried about, why not speak to a friend about it first and then you can see what sport of reaction you get.

At the end of the day, it’s something that you have completed and in the long run, having an additional GCSE qualification will be great for applying for future opportunities - so if someone has a problem with it, let them have a problem; you’re the one with the extra qualification, not them!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Tom.

Hi
Thanks for the support and advice
I was just wondering whether to tell school that ive taken my physics gcse early,Should i tell them before i go back to school or beofre i start my gcses next year
Original post by Graym
Hi
Thanks for the support and advice
I was just wondering whether to tell school that ive taken my physics gcse early,Should i tell them before i go back to school or beofre i start my gcses next year

Hi there,

Can I ask if you have done the GCSE privately alongside school?

Thanks,

Sophie.
Reply 13
Hi there,

Can I ask if you have done the GCSE privately alongside school?

Thanks,

Sophie.

No i did it outside of school
Original post by Graym
No i did it outside of school

Thanks for coming back to me.

I don't see any harm in discussing this with the school, you could ask your parents to support you with this discussion as it will mean you won't need to do this GCSE again.

I hope this helps - Sophie.
Reply 15
Yes thankyou

Thanks for coming back to me.

I don't see any harm in discussing this with the school, you could ask your parents to support you with this discussion as it will mean you won't need to do this GCSE again.

I hope this helps - Sophie.
Reply 16
hi,

it is results day in a few days and I am sooo scared! not because of failure, just the whole lead up to opening the envelope and seeing my faith written in black and white. it just scares me. how can I remain calm on the day?

thanks x
Original post by jkd08
hi,

it is results day in a few days and I am sooo scared! not because of failure, just the whole lead up to opening the envelope and seeing my faith written in black and white. it just scares me. how can I remain calm on the day?

thanks x

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

This is something that I think a lot of students in your situation are going to be asking themselves right now. It's a stressful time and stress is a really normal emotion to feel especially when you have worked so hard. A little bit of stress is fine but is fine too much isn't good as I am sure you know.

Sometimes the best way to feel less stress is to plan ahead and get prepared for all eventualities.

If there is one thing I would recommend you do it's remember this number - 0800 100 900 (option 7). This is for the Exam Results Helpline, they will be ready and waiting to help you on the day should things not go to plan or even if you have done better and you want to explore your options.

I'm sure you have a plan for what you're doing next, but do you have a plan B?

There's some great support here on TSR and the Exam Results Helpline are also on Twitter to help you out should you want to talk through how you're feeling in the lead up to the day - https://twitter.com/ExamResults2019

I want you to know that whatever happens, things will be okay and you're not alone in this!

I hope this helps!

Sophie.
Good evening everyone!

It's the night before GCSE results day and we are live on TSR to answer any questions you have.

Post in this thread before 9pm for a live response!

Sophie.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

We're here throughout the day if you have any results day questions or you can call the Exam Results Helpline on 0800 100 900!

Quick Reply

Latest