The Student Room Group

How many books do you usually read at once?

I have 3 books and want to read them all!! I don’t know if I can wait to read them one by one 😕
1, 2 or 3
Reply 2
Wait, you read more than 1 book at once?

Props to you, I couldn't even read one.
Reply 3
Hi!

Which books are they??

I usually hold one each hand behind my back and ask someone to choose left or right. Then if i'm disappointed I know which one I actually want to read first!

Defo read one at a time! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Abi75
Hi!

Which books are they??

I usually hold one each hand behind my back and ask someone to choose left or right. Then if i'm disappointed I know which one I actually want to read first!

Defo read one at a time! :smile:

The books are called:

- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

- More Than This by Patrick Ness

- The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
Reply 5
Original post by Lostx
The books are called:

- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

- More Than This by Patrick Ness

- The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan

Ohhh they do all look good!

Depends what your in the mood for as they all look pretty different?!

I will add them to my reading list though, so thanks! :P
Reply 6
Original post by Abi75
Ohhh they do all look good!

Depends what your in the mood for as they all look pretty different?!

I will add them to my reading list though, so thanks! :P

If you do read them can you start with ‘Me Talk Pretty One Day’? Please. It would be good to discuss 😁
Original post by Lostx
I have 3 books and want to read them all!! I don’t know if I can wait to read them one by one 😕

Normally I'll read between one and two books at once. But one will tend to be an audiobook which I'll listen to before I go to sleep and the other one is normally a paperback which I'll read whenever I get chance :smile:
Are the books your reading roughly the same length? Maybe you could start with the shortest one, or the one you most want to read first.
If it is about novels, I read just one book at once, but if it is about non-fictional books, I can read up to three.
Reply 9
I always manage to get halfway through a book then start another, I'm in the middle of 3 right now
Original post by Shimo
I always manage to get halfway through a book then start another, I'm in the middle of 3 right now

In other words: you don't read them through. Sounds like that you are not an avid reader.
1 at a time i physically can't read two, it's just not in my nature smh :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Kallisto
In other words: you don't read them through. Sounds like that you are not an avid reader.

I just get bored of it like with most things, also reading for too long really hurts my eyes so that doesn't help
One at a time cause I read fantasy books mainly, which tends to have a lot of characters, political faction and just a lot of moving parts in general. So reading more than one at a time and all that stuff would just get jumbled in my head I'm guessing. Plus fantasy books tend to be longer than the average so one at a time is more than enough.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Shimo
I just get bored of it like with most things, also reading for too long really hurts my eyes so that doesn't help

If you can't read anymore after some hours, take a break and continue at later time or the next day. Can't read a big book in a day too. I need a week or even one and a half to finish as a rule.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending