The Student Room Group

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Scroll to see replies

Get an Hermès Birkin and give the rest to my parents.
Give it to me
I would buy an extremely large piece of land where I could grow my own food and design my own house and have it built, I would also have a separate house built for my parents on another part of the land so we are all close but not too close.

I would probably still go to university and aim for a PhD as I'd honestly think it would be so boring after awhile if you didn't work or have goals.
Original post by Satyr
I would make a thread called:

"I have £114,000,000 in my back account AMA"

Now there's an idea.
Buy a house for myself.
Go full Goldfinger. Including attempting to laser the testicles of British spies off.
When will the winner be announced? @Paracosm
Original post by Satyr
When will the winner be announced? @Paracosm

not yet
Reply 28
buy @shadowdweller a new laptop :dontknow:
spend it all down at the boozer
Original post by 8472

don’t you dare
Original post by 8472

Amazing :rofl:

Pay @Paracosm for all the repair work he has done :colondollar:
Original post by Paracosm
Forget about results day... who needs it? :hand:

Results won't matter when you win the Euromillions jackpot. :hand:

So... you've just won £143 million pounds. My question is simple... what the hell do you do now?

Best answer wins... idk... an avatar (poorly) designed by me for them to use... yes that was the best thing I could come up with.

Invest all the money in the market, usually in blue chip US stocks which pay a dividend. Live off the dividends. Watch the money grow and then work on a few non-profits to do with poverty and education. I would still work, but I would dedicate my life to the poorest in the world.

I only really need £50,000 a year to live well and my dividends will pay that easily (and a lot more) with £143 million in the market. I would probably do what bill gates does with a bit of warren buffett as well when it comes to wall street.
(edited 4 years ago)
Firstly give money to my family and close friends, or perhaps buy them houses etc. Make sure they can live comfortably. Buy myself a house. Just live off the rest. I don't want for very much.
buy @CoolCavy a new hamster
Original post by the bear
buy @CoolCavy a new hamster

What's wrong with my current hamster :hand:
Original post by CoolCavy
What's wrong with my current hamster :hand:

this would provide company for your other hampster

https://i0.wp.com/www.poprewind.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/hampster-dance.jpg

Beautiful, it will go with my scrubbing brush
Buy TSR and make myself a Universities Forum Helper. Hell, go crazy. VT.
Original post by Notoriety
Buy TSR and make myself a Universities Forum Helper. Hell, go crazy. VT.

woooooooooow, now that's an aspiration right there

Quick Reply

Latest