The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do.

I have received BBDD, but have ordered 2 re-marks. One in economics where I am 4 marks off the C, and Russian (which is my native language) and I got 12/120 on ( I refuse to believe that is correct). In the mean while, I have no Uni places and no clearing Unis are willing to take me on. I really don't want to do an apprenticeship and have no idea what to do.

Scroll to see replies

What is the course that you want to do? Maybe try doing a foundation year? Or if your grades don't change you can consider retaking exams.

I got pretty bad grades (CCE) and now trying clearing.
Reply 2
I don't appreciate trollings on such serious matters. If it comes to it, I've already a full-time job which pays decent money, but it's not the sphere I want to remain in.
Reply 3
Original post by screweverything
What is the course that you want to do? Maybe try doing a foundation year? Or if your grades don't change you can consider retaking exams.

I got pretty bad grades (CCE) and now trying clearing.

See, I wanted to do Accounting and Finance. My offer from LSE had gone unsuccessful due to my results, but so has my Manchester one. I was advised not to resit because in the year, I would lose the academic skills needed and will lack expert help; so my grade won't change, if not go down.

I've tried clearing, but no other courses attract me, so I've lost any kind of hope.
Was Russian more than one paper ? Can you get a breakdown of each paper if that’s the case from your school ? As you said 12/120 seems odd
Reply 5
durham, queen mary, essex and coventry, to name a few, do foundation year accounting and finance degrees. see if they'll take you!
Please visit this link to view our Accounting and Finance course or call us on 0800 952 0226 to discuss options.

Good luck!

Godly Shagee
Aerospace Engineering, Teesside University

Original post by s.ash.a
See, I wanted to do Accounting and Finance. My offer from LSE had gone unsuccessful due to my results, but so has my Manchester one. I was advised not to resit because in the year, I would lose the academic skills needed and will lack expert help; so my grade won't change, if not go down.

I've tried clearing, but no other courses attract me, so I've lost any kind of hope.
Original post by s.ash.a

yes same unfortunately . what did you achieve for a levels?
Original post by s.ash.a
I have received BBDD, but have ordered 2 re-marks. One in economics where I am 4 marks off the C, and Russian (which is my native language) and I got 12/120 on ( I refuse to believe that is correct). In the mean while, I have no Uni places and no clearing Unis are willing to take me on. I really don't want to do an apprenticeship and have no idea what to do.

Hi s.ash.a! There's no need to worry, there will be lots of options at many great institutions for you! We're always happy to discuss options with you if you'd like to - we have many great courses available at this point. Feel free to give us a call on 01482014546 or you can even live chat with us at www.hull.ac.uk. :smile:

Hope everything does go how you hope either way and be sure to let us know how you get on!
Original post by s.ash.a

Hey!

Well done on your grades, you should be proud of the hard work you've put in!

Don't give up hope yet, keep trying and you might find the perfect uni and course for you! :smile:

If you'd like to discuss your options with us, feel free to give our Clearing Helpline a ring on us on 0800 073 1225 :call:

Or you can apply online by completing the self-apply form :cyber:

Good luck :biggrin:

Becky
Original post by s.ash.a

Hi @s.ash.a

Well done on the grades you have received, you should be proud of what you’ve achieved. We appreciate that exams are stressful and not always the best measure of success, you are more than your grades.

Don’t be disheartened in your search for University, there are still places available.

We will be around until 8pm tonight if you want to discuss your options. Give us a call on 023 9284 8084 and we will try to help you as best as we can! You can also apply by live chat here.

Let me know if you need anymore information or help.

Alex - UoP Rep :smile:
I hope you get some good news with the remarks - sounds like something very strange went on with the Russian.
Reply 12
Original post by Mumofson
Was Russian more than one paper ? Can you get a breakdown of each paper if that’s the case from your school ? As you said 12/120 seems odd

Yeah. Its a 3 paper thing. I got 64/80, 12/120 and 72/80. The 12/120 seems odd to me since I am a native Russian.
Reply 13
Original post by DoctorFeuer
yes same unfortunately . what did you achieve for a levels?

BDBD
Have you told your university you are going for priority remarks and they will have to hold your place for you , good luck
Hi, have you received any clearing offers?
Hi, as a few other universities have mentioned, your best bet is to ring universities who are in Clearing and see if your current grades are suitable for the course you're interested in.

The University of West London's clearing hotline number is 0800 036 8888 and my colleagues on the phones will be more than happy to discuss your options based on your grades.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

Laura
Team UWL
Reply 18
Maybe take a gap year? During that time you can sort out your remarks and retakes :/
Reply 19
Original post by screweverything
Hi, have you received any clearing offers?

no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending