The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Clearing vacancies at the University of Bath

Our vacancies for Clearing/Adjustment are now advertised on our Clearing pages. We will update our vacancies throughout the Clearing period, and expect there to be significant changes ahead of the release of A level results on 15 August.

If you have received your results and would like to speak to us about applying for a vacancy please contact our Admissions team (sorry, but we can only consider applications from students who have received their results).

If you have any questions about applying to Bath through Clearing or Adjustment then feel free to post in this thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Bath
Our vacancies for Clearing/Adjustment are now advertised on our Clearing pages. We will update our vacancies throughout the Clearing period, and expect there to be significant changes ahead of the release of A level results on 15 August.

If you have received your results and would like to speak to us about applying for a vacancy please contact our Admissions team (sorry, but we can only consider applications from students who have received their results).

If you have any questions about applying to Bath through Clearing or Adjustment then feel free to post in this thread.

On results day will courses requiring A*AA require one grade less i.e. AAA/A*AB, for example for natural sciences ? Really want to do natural sciences here but don't think I'll get A*AA
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Hi there,

Whether or not there are even vacancies for a course, and whether the grade requirements change or not, varies by year and by course. I would suggest emailing/phoninh admissions, as they can give you a reliable answer.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a third year Natural Sciences student
Original post by Doctor P
On results day will courses requiring A*AA require one grade less i.e. AAA/A*AB, for example for natural sciences ? Really want to do natural sciences here but don't think I'll get A*AA
They said most likely they won’t reduce the requirements, rang them a week ago
Hi there,

Whether or not there are even vacancies for a course, and whether the grade requirements change or not, varies by year and by course. I would suggest emailing/phoninh admissions, as they can give you a reliable answer.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a third year Natural Sciences student
If you are interested in Clearing at Bath, you can check our vacancies on our Clearing page.

Details of changes to our entry requirements, and any final courses available via Clearing, will be added before our phone lines open at 7am tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone awaiting A level results!
Our Clearing phone lines are now open- check our vacancies and call us on 01225 430202 if you are interested in applying
Given that the situation changes on a daily (if not hourly) basis, what's the best way to secure a place via clearing?
Can one send an email and then get into some kind of waiting list?
Or is it best to phone up several times a day?
A little confused!
Also, does Bath have a policy on re-application in next year's cycle with re-sits? eg. if one had AAB and needed AAA and so resat the B subject, managing to get an A* (hey, let's be optimistic), would Bath likely give an offer for 2020 admission, or would they (quite reasonably) say "you had your chance and you blew it - simply getting an A* don't impress us much"?
Original post by thewinelake
Given that the situation changes on a daily (if not hourly) basis, what's the best way to secure a place via clearing?
Can one send an email and then get into some kind of waiting list?
Or is it best to phone up several times a day?
A little confused!

It's best just to call us if we have a vacancy online that you are interested in. Our vacancies will only reduce- once courses are full we will remove them from Clearing, but we wont add in additional courses if they are not already listed.
Good luck!
It's best just to call us if we have a vacancy online that you are interested in. Our vacancies will only reduce- once courses are full we will remove them from Clearing, but we wont add in additional courses if they are not already listed.
Good luck!

Also, does Bath have a policy on re-application in next year's cycle with re-sits? eg. if one had AAB and needed AAA and so resat the B subject, managing to get an A* (hey, let's be optimistic), would Bath likely give an offer for 2020 admission, or would they (quite reasonably) say "you had your chance and you blew it - simply getting an A* don't impress us much"?

It depends on the course, so the best thing to do is to email [email protected] before applying and check with our Admissions team. Good luck!
I was given a verbal confirmation of my place during my Clearing call this morning at 8AM, and I was told I would receive an email to confirm my place, but I still haven’t received it. I’m getting worried that something has gone wrong- is it normal for the email to take this long to deliver?

I did exactly last year and got a place at Bath today! I’m doing International Management and French and had no rejections from any of the universities I applied for regarding resitting. Obviously it may depend on your course but I’ve only had people think of resitting as a positive. Best of luck for the future!
Original post by amberdunn198
I did exactly last year and got a place at Bath today! I’m doing International Management and French and had no rejections from any of the universities I applied for regarding resitting. Obviously it may depend on your course but I’ve only had people think of resitting as a positive. Best of luck for the future!

Very interesting and encouraging, thanks.

However, I fail to see how anyone can regard resitting as a positive (other than an indication of patience!). If I were an admissions tutor, I'd just assume the candidate didn't have the brains or the work ethic to get the required grades all at the same time. Just doing a single exam and getting an A (even an A*) is relatively easy.
Hi,

I was given a verbal confirmation and an email confirmation but, in order for me to confirm my place, I have to add Bath on track as a clearing choice and send them missing documents which I have done. I still have not heard anything back and I am kinda worried that I won't get a confirmation before the offer becomes invalid on Monday as I am not sure if they work on weekends.
Original post by seena.shafai
I was given a verbal confirmation of my place during my Clearing call this morning at 8AM, and I was told I would receive an email to confirm my place, but I still haven’t received it. I’m getting worried that something has gone wrong- is it normal for the email to take this long to deliver?

Hi,

Hopefully you have now either received the email or spoken to our Admissions team.

If for any reason you are still waiting (and don't forget you have until 4pm Monday to decide if you want to accept) then give us a call on 01225 430202 and we will re-send the email.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I was given a verbal confirmation and an email confirmation but, in order for me to confirm my place, I have to add Bath on track as a clearing choice and send them missing documents which I have done. I still have not heard anything back and I am kinda worried that I won't get a confirmation before the offer becomes invalid on Monday as I am not sure if they work on weekends.

Hi, Congratulations on your offer! We will process your documents as quickly as possible and update UCAS Track. The Monday deadline is for you to add us as your Clearing choice which you have already done, so please don't worry that you haven't heard back yet.
Hi, I went through clearing and have received a place at Bath. Bath was my original firm choice so I have already filled in the accommodation and scholarship form, I have been told that this information will transfer over so I am wondering if I will get told about where my accommodation is with the firm offer holders or the clearing people? Thanks
A different course, I presume?
A different course, I presume?

Yeah, changed from politics and international relations to social sciences.
hi I was made an offer through clearing from bath and added it on ucas track yesterday morning and it still hasn't updated; does anyone know how long it is supposed to take?

Quick Reply

Latest