The Student Room Group

How important is UCAT?

I’m terrible at it and I don’t seem to improve. I was pretty confident about my application seeing as I got 12A* and full UMS in all my AS exams. But now I feel like my chances are significantly lower (I’m talking about Ucat scores in the 500-550 range here). How important are they really? And which unis tend to place less emphasis on them excluding Bmat unis?
Reply 2
Original post by Anna191817
I’m terrible at it and I don’t seem to improve. I was pretty confident about my application seeing as I got 12A* and full UMS in all my AS exams. But now I feel like my chances are significantly lower (I’m talking about Ucat scores in the 500-550 range here). How important are they really? And which unis tend to place less emphasis on them excluding Bmat unis?

Keele, Sunderland and Cardiff only require scores in the top 80%. It is quite possible to get into Leicester and QUB with a low UCAT if you have great GCSEs. UEA and HYMS use GCSEs and UCAT, but you normally need around 600 for an interview and a B1 at HYMS. Plymouth are requiring 597.5 this year. Manchester have an holistic route, but htey do use UCAT as part of this, however, amazing academics, especially if yu have na extra A level, EPQ or similar may make up for a lower grade. Most others require over 600 to be competitive so wait and see how you do, you might do better than you think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending