The Student Room Group

Recommendations for good academic planners? 🙌

Starting uni soon and haven't been in touch with studying for a year now. So anyone got any recommendations for apps that would be efficient af for planning like marking down events, due dates, adding class schedules etc.?

Any tips on otherwise managing uni would also be appreciated :h:

Ta!
Original post by Mya Mya
Starting uni soon and haven't been in touch with studying for a year now. So anyone got any recommendations for apps that would be efficient af for planning like marking down events, due dates, adding class schedules etc.?

Any tips on otherwise managing uni would also be appreciated :h:

Ta!

I love a good planner! But recently I've found that something simple like Google Calendar has been really good to organise my time and unlike a paper version, I can get reminders (which always help!!)

If I was in your situation, I'd make a calendar for classes, one for assignments/exams and one for revision/out of contact work so that it's all colour coordinated and can all be seen on the one main Google Calendar.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck at uni - what will you be studying? :smile:
Paperchase do a good one or there is the YouTube Jack Edwards's academic planner that seems to be very popular amongst uni and a level students
Original post by brainzistheword
I love a good planner! But recently I've found that something simple like Google Calendar has been really good to organise my time and unlike a paper version, I can get reminders (which always help!!)

If I was in your situation, I'd make a calendar for classes, one for assignments/exams and one for revision/out of contact work so that it's all colour coordinated and can all be seen on the one main Google Calendar.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck at uni - what will you be studying? :smile:

Hi! Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to check out Google Calendar. I just used the one on iOS and tried my best to remember everything else during undergrad but I think I have gotten too old for that now.

I will be studying Education Policy! Very, very excited for it :h:
Original post by powerpuff674
Paperchase do a good one or there is the YouTube Jack Edwards's academic planner that seems to be very popular amongst uni and a level students

Is that literal paper? Because I couldn't find an app for it.
Original post by Mya Mya
Is that literal paper? Because I couldn't find an app for it.

oh sorry haha I misread your title - they're literal paper and not apps:colondollar:
Original post by powerpuff674
oh sorry haha I misread your title - they're literal paper and not apps:colondollar:

lol

Thanks anyway. No offence but the Jack kid seems too goofy for my taste :tongue:
Original post by Mya Mya
Hi! Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to check out Google Calendar. I just used the one on iOS and tried my best to remember everything else during undergrad but I think I have gotten too old for that now.

I will be studying Education Policy! Very, very excited for it :h:

Fantastic! All the best with your studies :h:
Fantastic! All the best with your studies :h:

On Google Calendar, there is no way for me to add my course timetable :frown: I have to do it manually like I would do on my phone's calendar.
I downloaded this Pocket Schedule Planner and while that's great for uni stuff, it's not good for day to day tasks :frown:

I guess I'll just have to use a combination of both :sigh:
Original post by Mya Mya
On Google Calendar, there is no way for me to add my course timetable :frown: I have to do it manually like I would do on my phone's calendar.
I downloaded this Pocket Schedule Planner and while that's great for uni stuff, it's not good for day to day tasks :frown:

I guess I'll just have to use a combination of both :sigh:

What do you mean when you say course timetable? You can add reoccurring events and colour coordinate different subjects/modules if you need to :h:

Let me know if I can help at all
What do you mean when you say course timetable? You can add reoccurring events and colour coordinate different subjects/modules if you need to :h:

Let me know if I can help at all

I was hoping for something simpler haha :embarrassed: Once I start using it, it might become easier for me.

Thank you so much though! You are very thoughtful and sweet :hugs:

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest