The Student Room Group

CCDU in AS levels. What can i do to get into the uni i want?

I got CCDU in my AS level and want to apply to uni's like manchester metropolitan which is my first choice.The grades for manchester met is BCC-BBC. i wanted to apply to birmingham city uni which is BBC. Will i still be able to get in or will i have to retake my exams?? The uni's i want to get into are all BBC or BBB.
Reply 1
See if you can find integrated foundation year courses!
Reply 2
Original post by chaitea_
See if you can find integrated foundation year courses!

i dont want to do foundation course. I want to do the normal 3 year business course.
Original post by MM69
I got CCDU in my AS level and want to apply to uni's like manchester metropolitan which is my first choice.The grades for manchester met is BCC-BBC. i wanted to apply to birmingham city uni which is BBC. Will i still be able to get in or will i have to retake my exams?? The uni's i want to get into are all BBC or BBB.

Maybe choose one out of those two and just go for it, it's only 1/5 choices
I think both places would take you with your grades.
Reply 6
Original post by MM69
i dont want to do foundation course. I want to do the normal 3 year business course.

i completely misinterpreted what you wrote, i thought you'd already finished your a levels.

you might still be able to get into a BBC option with those grades, since you're usually assumed or predicted to achieve one grade above your AS levels for A2.
Original post by MM69

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

It will depend on what your predicted grades are for your A Levels, as to whether its likely you will be made an offer. If someone is predicted slightly below our entry requirements, we can make aspirational offers based on our entry requirements.

Which course are you interested in?

Rebecca
Reply 8
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

It will depend on what your predicted grades are for your A Levels, as to whether its likely you will be made an offer. If someone is predicted slightly below our entry requirements, we can make aspirational offers based on our entry requirements.

Which course are you interested in?

Rebecca

i'm interested in business management. What exactly do you mean when you say aspirational offers? And also how flexible are you on grades??
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MM69

Hi MM69,

Our entry requirements for BA (Hons) Business Management are BBC (or 112 UCAS points). But you never know, you might pull your grades up in your A2's! Alternatively, it migth be worth considering the integrated foundation year which only requires 80 UCAS points and leads straight on to the full degree.

It might be worth you talking to our friendly course enquiries team about your options, you can call them on 0121 331 5595 or complete this online form and someone will get back to you.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Lydia
Original post by MM69
i'm interested in business management. What exactly do you mean when you say aspirational offers? And also how flexible are you on grades??

Apologies, i've only just seen this!

Aspirational means that we make an offer that is above what you are predicted. For example our Business Management looks for BBC to BBC at A Level. So if you are predicted CCC, we may still make you an offer but it would be conditional on obtaining grades BCC. This is because there is a chance you will perform above your predicted grades and meet the grades we require.

Alternatively we you may wish to consider our foundation year, which looks for 80 UCAS points.

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending