The Student Room Group

NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by goku123
Grateful if you can provide few details regarding the exam you did; the modules etc?

There were a lot of different exams, it ran through the whole day. One that I think that was related to intelligence involved a gridsquare which you had to manage with constantly changing information ("damaged civilian building at D6" etc, that sort of thing) while keeping tabs on other processes (when these three lights all show this sequence press this button for example) and another that was similar which gave you another gridsquare with positions of vehicles or units and then a voice over your headset tells you where those units are moving to, then the gridsquare disappears and you have to answer questions based on what you were just told ("what position is the enemy unit to the friendly unit?", "what co-ordinates is the civilian convoy at now?" etc.). It was a long day, very tiring, and if you think it sounds easy, it isn't, though the pass mark must be relatively low because I passed all of the tests somehow. Try to search for practice aptitude tests, you won't find anything like what they give you at the RAF but you might find something that might help.
Reply 41
Seeing as I got 42nd percentile in the CSJT, what do we think my actual chances of progressing further would be? Assuming my personal statement was about average.
Reply 42
Original post by mrtom616
Seeing as I got 42nd percentile in the CSJT, what do we think my actual chances of progressing further would be? Assuming my personal statement was about average.

Benchmark is 40 I think so you've passed but the advert said they might increase the perce stage pass rate depending on how many get through.
Did you read your feedback sheet? Which bit did you score low in? The first part with the 20 questions or the actual situation videos and statements?
Reply 43
Original post by LeeG33
Benchmark is 40 I think so you've passed but the advert said they might increase the perce stage pass rate depending on how many get through.
Did you read your feedback sheet? Which bit did you score low in? The first part with the 20 questions or the actual situation videos and statements?

I got high for leadership, low for teamwork and middle for the other one, and middle for adaptability and high for enthusiasm. So I don't know why my overall score was so low, but there we go I suppose. Apparently the next stage is determined by the overall score only, but if they look at the rest of it they might see I have room for development potential (seeing as it is a trainee position after all)? I mean this is what I'm telling myself to make me feel better lol last time I did the CSJT I got 62 so I'm putting it down to nerves and timing issues (3 day deadline after application closing date? Come on now...)
Reply 44
Working together, not teamwork, and middle for delivering at pace.
Reply 45
And aspiration, not adaptability, and engagement, not enthusiasm. Jesus I'm all over the shop.
Reply 46
And aspiration, not adaptability, and engagement, not enthusiasm. Jesus I'm all over the shop.

Haha I can see that!
I dont why your scores would be so low either for that! Very strange. Hopefully you'll pass and then they'll see you have potential.
I hate the wait. I'm starting to pick holes in my personal statement now.
So hard to write without making it sound cliche. But as you said its trainee positions so hopefully we can both get to the next stage
Lets hope they don't have us waiting too long.
Reply 48
Original post by y4r4
Hi everyone! Just completed the SJT and got 73%, reasonably happy :smile:

I was wondering if someone could confirm whether there is going to be a Video Interview stage this year? The Candidate Pack does say there is an 'interview and assessment day' after passing the long-/shortlisting process, but I am confused whether this is meant to refer to the interview on assessment day or whether there is a separate video interview before then.
Thanks!

Not to be annoying, but if anyone can confirm whether there is a video interview stage I would be really grateful :smile:
Original post by y4r4
Not to be annoying, but if anyone can confirm whether there is a video interview stage I would be really grateful :smile:

I’m really not sure to be honest with you. I didn’t see it mentioned on the job advert.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Mariefaith18
Lets hope they don't have us waiting too long.

I wouldn't count on that. Better strap in lads and ladies, we're on the civil service bus. How long to the next stop? Not even the driver knows.
I wouldn't count on that. Better strap in lads and ladies, we're on the civil service bus. How long to the next stop? Not even the driver knows.

Haha! I’m already on a civil service bus, been on it since February.
Reply 52
Haha very true. They seem to have set out clear time scales in the candidate pack, hopefully it’s not too far off that. The wait is the worst!
Reply 53
Original post by Mariefaith18
Haha! I’m already on a civil service bus, been on it since February.

Lol what other position have you gone for? Recently went for a position at hmrc earlier this year, took about 6 months to jump through hoops and get rejected.
Reply 54
Original post by catness 2000
I also applied for North West, both Investigator and Intelligence. Got 93% in the situational judgement test but worried my personal statement is too short. How long was everyones approximately?

Just under the 1200 limit by 10 words or so.
Reply 55
Wow, lots through. What will be, will be.
My personal statement was just over 1000 words.
Reply 56
Original post by Lay_b
Wow, lots through. What will be, will be.
My personal statement was just over 1000 words.

Least it seems like we will all know sooner rather than later if we make it through the initial shift.
Reply 57
Jesus, 5000...well good luck to everyone :smile:
Lol what other position have you gone for? Recently went for a position at hmrc earlier this year, took about 6 months to jump through hoops and get rejected.

I applied for a case worker role in the north west, just waiting on the reserve list now.
I got 76%, I only wrote around 600 words as didn't want to waffle/wanted to keep it concise. Not sure if this was the right way to do it but guess I will find out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending