The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths June 2019 - GRADE 9 STUDENTS!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jduxie4414
For me, it wasn't that the questions were unsolvable, I just didn't have enough time. I normally finish maths papers with 25-30 mins to spare, but I only just managed to finish, leaving SO MANY little mistakes... Edexcel just screwed us over with that paper.

That is very true lol! They were probs like paper 1 ain’t bad and paper 2 was likeable via twitter so let’s givem the tough straw
Original post by ShyB
Yeah the exam wasn’t bad, I just had a timing issue. Can’t wait to never see a Maths question again 😂

Ah, I’m taking a level maths (AQA thougj so i won’t have to deal with edexcel anymore)
Added a poll for the predicted grade 9 boundary :burnout:
I loved maths before year 11 but then we got a new crappy teacher that made us suffer. I swear that she didn’t even get a degree in teaching never mind maths! She was slow, unreliable and I never knew if she was teaching us correctly. Complained a few times but school didn’t care so I ended up revising on my own which I was fine with but annoyed with whether I was learning the right content. So no alevel maths for me, I don’t want to go through that torturous pain again
Original post by ArtmisKco
I loved maths before year 11 but then we got a new crappy teacher that made us suffer. I swear that she didn’t even get a degree in teaching never mind maths! She was slow, unreliable and I never knew if she was teaching us correctly. Complained a few times but school didn’t care so I ended up revising on my own which I was fine with but annoyed with whether I was learning the right content. So no alevel maths for me, I don’t want to go through that torturous pain again

After about December in year 10, the training teacher watching our class was told to teach us for the remainder of the year as practice... NEVER AGAIN. Oh my days those were the worst lessons of my life :lol:. Thank god I had my normal teacher back in year 11
June 2018 Paper 1 > June 2019 Paper 1
Paper 1 was very easy for around 58 marks.
June 2019 Paper 2 > June 2018 Paper 2
Paper 2 was much easier got 62-64 marks depends if I get full marks on vectors I did working and guessed to get 4.
June 2018 Paper 3 > June 2019 Paper 3
By far this must’ve been the 2nd hardest paper on the new GCSE system. November 2018 Paper 1 was the hardest.
Overall June 2018 papers were easier so I think the boundaries will go down not too much. Probably 7-10 marks maximum.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
June 2018 Paper 1 > June 2019 Paper 1
Paper 1 was very easy for around 58 marks.
June 2019 Paper 2 > June 2018 Paper 2
Paper 2 was much easier got 62-64 marks depends if I get full marks on vectors I did working and guessed to get 4.
June 2018 Paper 3 > June 2019 Paper 3
By far this must’ve been the 2nd hardest paper on the new GCSE system. November 2018 Paper 1 was the haRdest.

So paper 1 and 3 were harder than last year, and paper 2 easier? yeah, I agree with that, paper 3 was horrendous.
I took them last year so I’ve no idea sorry
lmao why was i even tagged but yeah i hope hope hope they go down,
from my foggy memory, paper 1 wasn't too bad, paper 2 i cant remember and paper three well ew lets just not talk about that one!
honestly paper 3 was v unfair imo, edexcel fully took that last q from an aqa fm gcse book! lmao but hey what's done is done. i have managed to keep away from the unofficial mark scheme stuff so i don't think calculating my marks will benefit me in anyway

so from what i've gathered, 2017 boundary was 190 and 2018 was 202 soooo hm i'd say in that region or above, nothing over 207-210 hopefully
Hello everyone who does foundation here is a link for you if your worried about the boundaries please vote as well. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6084182
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I remember when I took my Maths GCSE, I could guess my rough mark accurately and I knew that I'd done pretty well (Maths is my best subject), but I was so worried that a few silly mistakes would cost me the grade, because I knew other people wouldn't have made those mistakes. But at the end of the day, everyone is human and you don't need full marks to get a Grade 9; I highly doubt the boundary would be anywhere above 210(ish) realistically. The main thing, come Thursday, is to celebrate your hard work, enjoy the rest of your holidays, then get stuck into A-levels! Best of luck to all you Mathematicians (and for those continuing to study it, have fun with it - things get a lot more interesting, in a good way)!
*IF YOU’RE A PREDICTED GRADE 9 STUDENT*

How did you find the papers this year? Did you perform as expected or higher/lower? What’s your estimated mark as well as your prediction for the grade 9 boundary?

I took the exams this year and I think I’ve got 201-203 which is right around last years boundary of 202. I hope the boundaries go down as I should’ve got much higher but paper 3 screwed me over

@Rabbibil V2
@Oljen
@Kithhh
@Marcusmaths
@mez_merising
@Vetrix42
@satsun
@Gent2324

EDIT: Added a poll for the predicted grade 9 boundary :biggrin:

Im not a grade 9 student. However I think that the grade boundaries will decrease by 3 to 5 marks.
I'm hovering around the boundary as I probably got 201-206, but it's most likely 202-204. Don't think grade 9 will drop to 197, I expect 199 and I'm very scared
Original post by Rabbibil V2
I'm hovering around the boundary as I probably got 201-206, but it's most likely 202-204. Don't think grade 9 will drop to 197, I expect 199 and I'm very scared

Don't be whatever you get is how much effort you;ve put in. I'm in the same situation where I am in the boundary to get an 8 it just depends on the boundaries.
Don't be whatever you get is how much effort you;ve put in. I'm in the same situation where I am in the boundary to get an 8 it just depends on the boundaries.

What do you think you got? I think I should be fine unless the grade boundaries are flying up
Original post by Rabbibil V2
What do you think you got? I think I should be fine unless the grade boundaries are flying up

I'm 90% certain that I've achieved a grade 8. I got between 164-168. I think it'll be 168 marks. But if it's a 7 I will be gutted but it's not then end of the world. A 7 is a great grade but to me I really wanted a grade 8 since the start of year 11 plus I feel like getting a grade 7 is just a grade A and nothing that special.
I'm 90% certain that I've achieved a grade 8. I got between 164-168. I think it'll be 168 marks. But if it's a 7 I will be gutted but it's not then end of the world. A 7 is a great grade but to me I really wanted a grade 8 since the start of year 11 plus I feel like getting a grade 7 is just a grade A and nothing that special.

A grade 7 is still the top 20% of candidates, so you should be proud of what you get no matter what. I’m sure you’ll get an 8 though so don’t worry, good luck :smile:
A grade 7 is still the top 20% of candidates, so you should be proud of what you get no matter what. I’m sure you’ll get an 8 though so don’t worry, good luck :smile:

Thanks. My teacher predicted me to get a 7- and he was a very good teacher. But my targetted grade from when GCSE started for me in year 9 was a grade 5 so I have proved my school wrong.
lol just hit me, results day is less than a week...
wooOoOo
im gonna wake up really early that day to see the grade boundaries. no point in guessing what they are since u will prpbably be wrong. i just hope i got enough for a 6. dont remember, i think i predict 135 marks?
My predicted boundaries:
9:198-200 (Last Year = 202)
8:165-169(Last Year = 170)
7:133-136(Last Year = 139)
6:105-108(Last Year = 109)
5:78-84 (I think at max 90) (Last Year = 79)
4:58-62 (I think at max 70) (Last Year = 50)
3:40-48 (I think at max 55)(Last Year = 35)

Anyone else agree? Had something similar in mind?
Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest