GCSEs (This is not a serious forum, humour is greatly appreciated here) Watch

vannahc22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Going into year 11, bricking it. I don’t know why but I feel the need for a brief introduction of myself I am sporty, academic, do MUN etc, write for the school paper, am a total nerd really, there’s more about me but I’m not gonna bore you. So uhhhh can we talk about how we shouldn’t do GCSE’s? And how the education system needs updating? 😂
Marimar001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vannahc22)
Going into year 11, bricking it. I don’t know why but I feel the need for a brief introduction of myself I am sporty, academic, do MUN etc, write for the school paper, am a total nerd really, there’s more about me but I’m not gonna bore you. So uhhhh can we talk about how we shouldn’t do GCSE’s? And how the education system needs updating? 😂
I just finished year 11 so I'm currently waiting for my results. I agree with you 99% about not needing exams because all they are doing right now is just stress students out and give them depression, anxiety and panic attacks (wow this got sad very fast)
Caitlynann2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did my gcses last year and I found the system to be too reliant on memory. I am fortunate to have a very good memory and got all 9s in my exams, but some of my friends worked even harder than me but just struggled with retaining the information. One of my friends has a condition that affects her memory and she was at a very unfair disadvantage. Memorisation is the only thing tested with Gcses, not skills or ability, just memory (well and structure).
vannahc22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marimar001)
I just finished year 11 so I'm currently waiting for my results. I agree with you 99% about not needing exams because all they are doing right now is just stress students out and give them depression, anxiety and panic attacks (wow this got sad very fast)
Good luck for your results! Exactly, there’s so many student suicides etc due to the stress caused by exams. Yes this did get very sad very fast eek! 🤦🏼*♀️😂
vannahc22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Caitlynann2002)
I did my gcses last year and I found the system to be too reliant on memory. I am fortunate to have a very good memory and got all 9s in my exams, but some of my friends worked even harder than me but just struggled with retaining the information. One of my friends has a condition that affects her memory and she was at a very unfair disadvantage. Memorisation is the only thing tested with Gcses, not skills or ability, just memory (well and structure).
Well done! Yes I totally agree, we are currently in a day and age where we’ve recognised not everyone is academic and people have different passions etc so the fact we have the same schooling system is beyond me. Einstein said “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” which is so true. It’s affecting students self esteem etc and so they end up not excelling in the thing they’re good at because they believe they’re stupid. (Not necessarily but I’ve seen it happen a lot)
il_27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I finished year 11 this year & so I am also waiting for my gcse results right now. This is supposed to be a funny thread but I'll still give you a general tip... which is to try and revise as soon as possible so that you don't have a lot of work to do just before/ during the exam season!
Marimar001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by il_27)
Hi! I finished year 11 this year & so I am also waiting for my gcse results right now. This is supposed to be a funny thread but I'll still give you a general tip... which is to try and revise as soon as possible so that you don't have a lot of work to do just before/ during the exam season!
I agree 100% many of my friends in year 10 are just chillin and when I see them I always say to them that next year they are going to regret this, especially since in my school you have to do RS in year 10 and my friends think that all exams will be so many days far apart.
Marimar001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck for your results! Exactly, there’s so many student suicides etc due to the stress caused by exams. Yes this did get very sad very fast eek! 🤦🏼*♀️😂
Its just somewhat annoying that the government knows that this is happening and they didn't do anything to make it less stressful. Nononononono they made it even more stressful for students as it is harder to pass now. They write articles about it but they don't do anything to change it, then they dare blame it on the students for "not revising". The world is getting even more messed up.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  20A52443-9B04-4231-B711-5641A6FC2270.jpg.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB
vannahc22
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
Name:  20A52443-9B04-4231-B711-5641A6FC2270.jpg.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB
!!!!
vannahc22
Rep:
?
Its just somewhat annoying that the government knows that this is happening and they didn't do anything to make it less stressful. Nononononono they made it even more stressful for students as it is harder to pass now. They write articles about it but they don't do anything to change it, then they dare blame it on the students for "not revising". The world is getting even more messed up.
Facts. Period.
vannahc22
Rep:
?
I agree 100% many of my friends in year 10 are just chillin and when I see them I always say to them that next year they are going to regret this, especially since in my school you have to do RS in year 10 and my friends think that all exams will be so many days far apart.
I’m on the opposite of that spectrum, I have teachers and friends telling me to chill out or I’m gonna explode 😂
vannahc22
Rep:
?
(Original post by il_27)
Thank you! Hope results day goes well!
Marimar001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m on the opposite of that spectrum, I have teachers and friends telling me to chill out or I’m gonna explode 😂
I think you are doing a good job revising from now, but have in mind that you still haven't learned everything you need to know. I think you should take your time a bit because you might forget what you have revised by the time you learn everything. Now that it is summer just chill and then when school starts revise 3 hours a day, it will help because if you stress from now you might get anxiety and panic attacks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads