The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone going to Lancaster in September 2019?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hello! I will be studying physics with particle physics and cosmology, and I applied to Bowland and County for accommodation
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by ilachilla
hello! I will be studying physics with particle physics and cosmology, and I applied to Bowland and County for accommodation

I have applied for exactly the same colleges, what room type did you go for? I chose basic on-suite to save money plus they have large rooms
Reply 42
Original post by Ikeo
I have applied for exactly the same colleges, what room type did you go for? I chose basic on-suite to save money plus they have large rooms

I also chose basic en-suite
Reply 43
Original post by ilachilla
I also chose basic en-suite

Sorry I'm an idiot, en-suite* rather than on-suite

We may end up together then!
Reply 44
I'm going to Lancaster in September for Biomedicine and got offered accommodation in Pendle:smile:
Im going for history and just accepted my accommodation offer for Pendle :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
Im going for history and just accepted my accommodation offer for Pendle :smile:

What type of room did you go for? I'm in standard
Original post by sao6
I'm going to Lancaster in September for Biomedicine and got offered accommodation in Pendle:smile:

When did you get your accommodation offer? I remember choosing my preferences but I they still haven’t got back to me
Reply 48
I got my offer yesterday but I saw somewhere that they’re sending them out between now and the end of August:smile: I’m sure it’ll come back to you soon

Original post by sly_southafrican
When did you get your accommodation offer? I remember choosing my preferences but I they still haven’t got back to me
Reply 49
Hey guys, did anyone get an offer through clearing, got an email saying I have to get off campus accommodation ? Anyone in the same boat
yeah i'm going to lancaster for medicine! chose basic en-suite in bowland & county as well, hopefully i get bowland but i only applied literally on the 14th august lol
Original post by Zeeyo
Hey guys, did anyone get an offer through clearing, got an email saying I have to get off campus accommodation ? Anyone in the same boat

Hi, I got in through clearing to do psychology. I spoke to the accommodation department and they said that there was no more spaces in on-campus accommodation, so I booked some of the university-accredited off-campus accommodation. All the options are similar prices to the on-campus accommodation but it looked like they were being booked up quickly, because pretty much everyone who got in via clearing was having to go off-campus.
Hope this helps!
Reply 52
If we’re off campus how do we know what college we are in?
Original post by AAPS

When you went to apply for accommodation, there is a part to apply to colleges if you are off campus. Use the accommodation portal to find this if you haven’t already. You should get an email letting you know which college you are in
Original post by AAPS

I'm not 100% sure on that but I think that one or two of the colleges can have off-campus students, so people can use the facilities, like study spaces. I'm not sure when we'll get to choose/be allocated to a college though
@OedipusSimple @LeahSClare @AAPS @Zeeyo
Hey everyone,
Let me know if you need any help with off campus accommodation at all!
Remember to buy a student bus pass from Stagecoach as this will seriously help reduce bus travel costs (it's about £275 and you can by them now and will start from welcome week). I'd recommend the 3 term one.
If you have any questions in the meantime about living off campus etc then I can find out for you soon,
Charlotte :smile:
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Original post by LeahSClare
When you went to apply for accommodation, there is a part to apply to colleges if you are off campus. Use the accommodation portal to find this if you haven’t already. You should get an email letting you know which college you are in

Thanks for this I think I missed it before
Original post by sao6
What type of room did you go for? I'm in standard

Im in a standard too !
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
@OedipusSimple @LeahSClare @AAPS @Zeeyo
Hey everyone,
Let me know if you need any help with off campus accommodation at all!
Remember to buy a student bus pass from Stagecoach as this will seriously help reduce bus travel costs (it's about £275 and you can by them now and will start from welcome week). I'd recommend the 3 term one.
If you have any questions in the meantime about living off campus etc then I can find out for you soon,
Charlotte :smile:
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

How do you buy the bus pass before enrolling?
Original post by Anonymous
How do you buy the bus pass before enrolling?

You go onto the stagecoach website, fnd the relevant bus pass and then buy it?

Quick Reply

Latest