The Student Room Group

I'm still in love with my ex and it's causing so much drama

We broke up 4 months ago and I was completely over him for 2 weeks, then he got happy and it reminded me of the old times we used to have...so I fell for him again, more and more we talked until. It got too much.

We used to talk about sex a lot when we were dating but now...even though we've broken up we still talk about it...but on a whole new level so my feelings for him go skyrocket.

We were long-distance and we broke up cause of his mental illness.

He moved on pretty quickly from me, took like idk 3 months. Then he dated...my ex-best friend (was my best friend at the time) he fell for her so so much. They dated for 3 days. Then she ended it, that broke him and brought his mental illness back..but he dated her knowing how close I was to her and he knew how I felt about him. So I was pretty angry.

Now. I used to like this other guy (during those 2 weeks ^) things were getting good but then my ex and I talked about sex again...thought he was expressing his feelings through that (he wasn't) big regret pushing him away...

SO ANYWAY! The arguments, the drama has all died down. But I'm now left as a clingy ex who still loves her ex so so much but he's getting fed up and still wants my ex-best friend...who he knew for a ****ing week. And he's known me for 2 years.

So yeah..what do I do?

P.S I've attempted everything to move on, nothing is working.
who broke it up with who
Reply 2
Original post by Amon-ster
who broke it up with who

He broke up with me cause his mental illness was getting worse and he thought I wouldn't be able to handle it.
Reply 3
It looks like you can't handle staying friends. You've got to cut him off. It sounds hard but blocking him would be the first step to take.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
It looks like you can't handle staying friends. You've got to cut him off. It sounds hard but blocking him would be the first step to take.

Yeah I agree...I can't handle it...

But he makes me so happy. Urgh. But yeah it would :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
We broke up 4 months ago and I was completely over him for 2 weeks, then he got happy and it reminded me of the old times we used to have...so I fell for him again, more and more we talked until. It got too much.

We used to talk about sex a lot when we were dating but now...even though we've broken up we still talk about it...but on a whole new level so my feelings for him go skyrocket.

We were long-distance and we broke up cause of his mental illness.

He moved on pretty quickly from me, took like idk 3 months. Then he dated...my ex-best friend (was my best friend at the time) he fell for her so so much. They dated for 3 days. Then she ended it, that broke him and brought his mental illness back..but he dated her knowing how close I was to her and he knew how I felt about him. So I was pretty angry.

Now. I used to like this other guy (during those 2 weeks ^) things were getting good but then my ex and I talked about sex again...thought he was expressing his feelings through that (he wasn't) big regret pushing him away...

SO ANYWAY! The arguments, the drama has all died down. But I'm now left as a clingy ex who still loves her ex so so much but he's getting fed up and still wants my ex-best friend...who he knew for a ****ing week. And he's known me for 2 years.

So yeah..what do I do?

P.S I've attempted everything to move on, nothing is working.

You need to accept that the relationship is over and you have to move on with your life. Even though your ex has mental health issues, you do have the right to be angry about what he did and how he pursued your best friend. Hopefully, you do have a good circle of other friends who are there for you and support you. Whilst it won't be easy to move on, focus on the other positives you have in your life and the things you want to achieve. You do have an identity without your ex, find the confidence to be happy with you are. Your life can be so much better without him.
Reply 6
Original post by cheesecakelove
You need to accept that the relationship is over and you have to move on with your life. Even though your ex has mental health issues, you do have the right to be angry about what he did and how he pursued your best friend. Hopefully, you do have a good circle of other friends who are there for you and support you. Whilst it won't be easy to move on, focus on the other positives you have in your life and the things you want to achieve. You do have an identity without your ex, find the confidence to be happy with you are. Your life can be so much better without him.

Aww thank you so much! I love this :smile:

Thanks...I'll try to x
Reply 7
You deserve better than a **** ex friend and ex boyfriend who makes decisions for you and also thinks it's OK to have sex with your best frke d regardless if you are together or not. Whole thing sounds really immature and you should all move on separately and concentrate on more productive things in life and you will find other interests and new friends and eventually a new boyfriend. I suggest you sign up for the gym and practice doing a new makeup style or if you never wore it start, give you something different and fun to focus on and listen to music, new music different style that has no memories
Reply 8
Original post by Immm
You deserve better than a **** ex friend and ex boyfriend who makes decisions for you and also thinks it's OK to have sex with your best frke d regardless if you are together or not. Whole thing sounds really immature and you should all move on separately and concentrate on more productive things in life and you will find other interests and new friends and eventually a new boyfriend. I suggest you sign up for the gym and practice doing a new makeup style or if you never wore it start, give you something different and fun to focus on and listen to music, new music different style that has no memories

I've started the thing with the whole music thing and it's definitely helping.
And yeah I agree with the whole immaturity, I don't get why he's like this.
I enjoy talking about sex with him I do, at the start, I just thought it was him expressing his feelings for me...but it's just the teenage boy hormones, he obviously only has sexual feelings for me. It's pretty pathetic when I'm still in love with him and he knows that.
I definitely will try these new things :smile: Thanks for your help x
you need time away from him... maybe a few months maybe a few years but youll know when youre ready :smile: i don't agree w cutting off someone who is potentially a good/best friend but you need to let the feelings fizzle away & have this discussion w him about spending some time apart.
Original post by Deliciate
you need time away from him... maybe a few months maybe a few years but youll know when youre ready :smile: i don't agree w cutting off someone who is potentially a good/best friend but you need to let the feelings fizzle away & have this discussion w him about spending some time apart.

Yeah I get you, it sounds like a good idea...good for my mental health but I don't think I can never bring myself to that...
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
I've started the thing with the whole music thing and it's definitely helping.
And yeah I agree with the whole immaturity, I don't get why he's like this.
I enjoy talking about sex with him I do, at the start, I just thought it was him expressing his feelings for me...but it's just the teenage boy hormones, he obviously only has sexual feelings for me. It's pretty pathetic when I'm still in love with him and he knows that.
I definitely will try these new things :smile: Thanks for your help x

Glad the music is helping keep with it , I recon get some headphones go to the gym and blast the music in your ears loud and go for it on the treadmill... about the sex thing, I know and he's an idiot for taking advantage, I know it might have been geest with him and you miss the closeness, but. You can find that with someone else, that actually cares about you for real, and untill then you could always talk about it with someone else perhaps, your obviously wanting to be sexually active and that's OK, it could be quite fun and naughty to talk sexually with other people, new people you meet on a dating website, or your friends maybe, it doesn't need to be your ex. I say this because if you are sexually active there is no point suppressing the feelings, express yourself just be safe. Find something else to enjoy and just don't give him your energy anymore. Your worth more OK xx
Unless you cut him off you won't get over him
Original post by Immm
Glad the music is helping keep with it , I recon get some headphones go to the gym and blast the music in your ears loud and go for it on the treadmill... about the sex thing, I know and he's an idiot for taking advantage, I know it might have been geest with him and you miss the closeness, but. You can find that with someone else, that actually cares about you for real, and untill then you could always talk about it with someone else perhaps, your obviously wanting to be sexually active and that's OK, it could be quite fun and naughty to talk sexually with other people, new people you meet on a dating website, or your friends maybe, it doesn't need to be your ex. I say this because if you are sexually active there is no point suppressing the feelings, express yourself just be safe. Find something else to enjoy and just don't give him your energy anymore. Your worth more OK xx

Awwww thank you!!! :smile: I definitely will consider this advice. Sounds pretty good.
Thank you for helping :smile: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending