The Student Room Group

Medicine GCSE requirements for KCL

Hello everyone, I want to apply to kings college for medicine and they want a grade 6 for English language and maths. I got 7 in maths; but 5 in English language. I was wondering, if I were to get good A levels and a good UCAT score(that meets their cutoff) , would I have a chance of being accepted?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by alexanderalxk
Hello everyone, I want to apply to kings college for medicine and they want a grade 6 for English language and maths. I got 7 in maths; but 5 in English language. I was wondering, if I were to get good A levels and a good UCAT score(that meets their cutoff) , would I have a chance of being accepted?

im not 100% sure but i believe they wouldnt consider your application as it doesnt meet their standard entry requirement. However you're better off giving them a ring and asking them just to clarify. I'd also apply to unis which arent as gcse 'demanding' as others.
- Adam

How's ucat revision going? eek
Reply 3
Just retake your English language gcse , it’s quick and easy . 2 revision sessions you can boost that to a 6
How would I go about doing that, Oljen?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by NoName123100123
How's ucat revision going? eek

Pretty good, I’m confident I’ll get a good score.
Original post by Adam :)
im not 100% sure but i believe they wouldnt consider your application as it doesnt meet their standard entry requirement. However you're better off giving them a ring and asking them just to clarify. I'd also apply to unis which arent as gcse 'demanding' as others.
- Adam

Thank you, I will definitely call them and find out. I will probably end up retaking English to get a 6
Pretty good, I’m confident I’ll get a good score.

What resource did you use in your revision for the ucat?
Original post by NoName123100123
What resource did you use in your revision for the ucat?

I’m using themedicportal but I also heard medify is good.
Reply 9
Thank you, I will definitely call them and find out. I will probably end up retaking English to get a 6

How would I go about doing that, Oljen?

Your sixth form should allow you it’s like £40 to retake English
Original post by Oljen
Your sixth form should allow you it’s like £40 to retake English

And could I retake English before the UCAS deadlines?

i wouldnt recommend that as many med schools if not all dont accept resits.
- Adam
The OP wont stand a chance with resit grades we all know that.
They’re also talking about GCSEs?
the OP is better off applying for foundation entry he stands a much better chance
Reply 15
Yeahhhh
Reply 16
lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending