The Student Room Group

Aston Uni-foundation year Optometry

Hi,

Is anyone going to be doing Optometry with a foundation year at Aston this year?

Thanks
Original post by Alisha999
Hi,

Is anyone going to be doing Optometry with a foundation year at Aston this year?

Thanks

Sorry to see you haven't found anyone yet.

Just giving this a wee bump to see if anyone spots this :smile:
I want to apply but I don't know if I would get in with BCC
Reply 3
Hi,

It depends if you did 2 sciences they may let you with BCC.
I did one science (Chemistry) and got onto the course with;
AACD
I did Biology Chemistry and History and got CDD at AS; I want to improve to atleast BCC but I don’t know if Aston will allow it (they need BBC atleast). Have you entered foundation year? Do you know how many people get into Optom through Foundation years - I’ve heard that not many do
Reply 5
Original post by Sarbjit Kaur
I did Biology Chemistry and History and got CDD at AS; I want to improve to atleast BCC but I don’t know if Aston will allow it (they need BBC atleast). Have you entered foundation year? Do you know how many people get into Optom through Foundation years - I’ve heard that not many do

I've one of the fortunate ones and got into the foundation year!
going to start in September-not sure yet how many people would have got into the course!
oh I see so you haven't gone on to your second year of sixth form yet?

do you do OCR Chemistry?
i did OCR chemistry, psychology English literature and health and social care.
i got a D at AS too and got a D at the end of A2 too!
Chemistry by far was my hardest subject!! I struggled and worked SO hard but thankfully still passed and got onto my course!
youll be fine😃
going to start in September-not sure yet how many people would have got into the course!

do you do OCR Chemistry?
Chemistry by far was my hardest subject!! I struggled and worked SO hard but thankfully still passed and got onto my course!
youll be fine😃

What did you get overall at AS and A level? I did AQA biology and Chemistry
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Sarbjit Kaur
What did you get overall at AS and A level? I did AQA biology and Chemistry

Could you give any details on the foundation year (how it is, what you'll learn) and what are the chances of getting onto the actual course?
Hey I'm in the same situation, did you get onto optometry then ?
Reply 9
I just got into the foundation course to progress to optom. Needed help with it
Original post by Soleman123
Hey I'm in the same situation, did you get onto optometry then ?

Hi. I’ve just joined the foundation course to progress to optom. Wanted to know more about the foundation course through a student perspective.

Original post by muzy1
Could you give any details on the foundation year (how it is, what you'll learn) and what are the chances of getting onto the actual course?
Reply 10
Original post by Shifaxx
I just got into the foundation course to progress to optom. Needed help with it

Hi. I’ve just joined the foundation course to progress to optom. Wanted to know more about the foundation course through a student perspective.

Hi there i'm thinking of applying to do optometry foundation year if you dont mind what were the entry requirements and were there any specific a level subjects you had to do.
Reply 11
Hi,

It depends if you did 2 sciences they may let you with BCC.
I did one science (Chemistry) and got onto the course with;
AACD

Hi what grade did you get in chemistry ?
Reply 12
Original post by tmayax
Hi what grade did you get in chemistry ?

Hi,
I got a D grade sadly in Chemistry.

Spoiler

hey! i’m on the foundation course too and was wondering do u know of any people who got in with less than 60% in the required module?
Reply 14
Hi,

Thanks

Meeee Hopefully starting September/October
HiHow many people were there in your foundation year and do you know if the foundation year was available in clearing last yearThanks in advance

do you do OCR Chemistry?
youll be fine😃

Hi I wanted to know how many people manage to get into optometry through the foundation course? Did u do well and is it high chance
Wait i’m predicted A (psych) A (sociology) C (biology) do you think i’ll be accepted? i’m in year 13 rn but i want to do optom instead of the degree i chose
Hi what did you end up going? Did they let you in with a c in bio?
Original post by username5434114
Wait i’m predicted A (psych) A (sociology) C (biology) do you think i’ll be accepted? i’m in year 13 rn but i want to do optom instead of the degree i chose

i wanna know too im in y12 and doing sociology, bio and spanish

Quick Reply

Latest