The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SomMC1
x

Sorry to hear that you had to enter Clearing but glad that you're happy with the outcome. #BeResultsProud

I'm getting my results tomorrow and hoping I that I get the grades so I can reassess my options as I'm uncertain about my firm and don't want to go to my insurance either. :smile:
Original post by Sophiyaxox
I want to change the course I want to do but both of my insurance and firm universities don’t do this course what should I do?

Do you have your results at the moment? If you are 100% sure you want to change the course, you would be looking at applying through Clearing. You could apply through Adjustment if you meet all of the conditions of your Firm offer and exceed at least one.
Why is Warwick history requirement BBB for clearing? It was AAA in October
Original post by Bolal7700
Why is Warwick history requirement BBB for clearing? It was AAA in October

Presumably because they are struggling to fill the course with AAA students for whatever reason.
Hi I'm just wondering if you can apply through clearing without UCAS
Original post by Sweety_512
Hi I'm just wondering if you can apply through clearing without UCAS

Clearing is a UCAS service so you would need to do this through them.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Clearing is a UCAS service so you would need to do this through them.

Thank you for your reply. I've not done this before. I was studying with the open university however I am now looking to continue my studies through a brick uni. I was advised to give unis a call and apply through clearing. Will I need to make a UCAS application before hand? Also would you know if I could transfer my credits I have gained already with the open university to a brick uni?
Original post by Sweety_512
Thank you for your reply. I've not done this before. I was studying with the open university however I am now looking to continue my studies through a brick uni. I was advised to give unis a call and apply through clearing. Will I need to make a UCAS application before hand? Also would you know if I could transfer my credits I have gained already with the open university to a brick uni?

To use clearing you need to have paid the full application fee. You could start by calling universities and asking about the credit situation, and if you still want to apply through clearing call UCAS?
Original post by chelseadagg3r
To use clearing you need to have paid the full application fee. You could start by calling universities and asking about the credit situation, and if you still want to apply through clearing call UCAS?

Ok thank you.
What is the process if I want to go to my insurance instead of my firm?
Original post by rehman15
What is the process if I want to go to my insurance instead of my firm?
Phone up your insurance, see if they'll pick you up out of clearing if you meet their offer grades. Take down the person's name and surname and ask for email confirmation if you can - not urgent.

When your results come through, if you're automatically accepted onto your firm then press the button on track that places you into clearing. Then ring up your insurance with your clearing number and they should take you in. You'll be able to add them as a clearing choice after 3pm.

If you don't make the grades your insurance has asked for then you'll be automatically placed into clearing. Ring them up ASAP and see if they'll still take you in. If they will then give them your clearing number and add them after 3pm.

If they won't take you, change your plans.
Good Morning and Happy Results Day!

We have spaces available through Clearing for those still wanting a place for September.
Feel free to call our team on 0191 515 3000 to discuss your options. Or you can self-apply via the link below.
https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/clearing/

If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to get in touch
Hi, I'm Godly and I am studying Aerospace Engineering at Teesside University. To look for places on clearing at Teesside University, please go to https://www.tees.ac.uk/clearing/ or call on 0800 952 0226.
Hi, when will my "add clearing choice" button appear? I have an offer to accept before 9am tomorrow, and I released myself into clearing about 20 minutes ago. Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Unique__Username
Hi, when will my "add clearing choice" button appear? I have an offer to accept before 9am tomorrow, and I released myself into clearing about 20 minutes ago. Thanks.

3pm today :smile:
Hi I added my clearing choice at 3pm on Thursday and it hasn't been confirmed by the uni yet, how long should I wait before calling them to see where they are at with it? I did receive a verbal offer from them but am now kicking myself that I didn't ask for an email confirmation!
Original post by Kerry333
Hi I added my clearing choice at 3pm on Thursday and it hasn't been confirmed by the uni yet, how long should I wait before calling them to see where they are at with it? I did receive a verbal offer from them but am now kicking myself that I didn't ask for an email confirmation!
Don't expect it over the weekend. What deadline did they give you to reply to it? They have to honour a verbal offer.
Original post by 04MR17
Don't expect it over the weekend. What deadline did they give you to reply to it? They have to honour a verbal offer.

They didn't give me a deadline but that might be because I told them I would add the choice straight away
Reply 38
Original post by Kerry333

Hi Kerry. Like 04MR17 said, this may not be processed over the weekend so the earliest would be Monday. Yeah, it would be much better if you've asked for an email confirmation about receiving a verbal offer but as long you're not that person who just entered a Clearing choice without speaking to the university in question, they have to honour the verbal offer. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi Kerry. Like 04MR17 said, this may not be processed over the weekend so the earliest would be Monday. Yeah, it would be much better if you've asked for an email confirmation about receiving a verbal offer but as long you're not that person who just entered a Clearing choice without speaking to the university in question, they have to honour the verbal offer. :smile:

Thank you, I did lose my head a little through the tears and the stress! I'm usually really on it with that sort of thing. Should have given myself five minutes to calm down first!

Latest

Trending

Trending