Nottingham
Visit website

nottingham accommodation clearing

How easy/ hard is it to get accommodation in halls for notts

Still haven't firmed them on UCAS track
Original post by Anonymous

You need to speak to Nottingham accommodation. Accommodation guarantee does not extend to insurance or clearing.
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 3697

email: [email protected]
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Apply today ASAP

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/clearing.aspx

I got in through clearing last year and I still applied before I confirmed my clearing offer. I was put on a waiting list but got the accommodation I wanted a week before university started. It was stress
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98
Apply today ASAP

I got in through clearing last year and I still applied before I confirmed my clearing offer. I was put on a waiting list but got the accommodation I wanted a week before university started. It was stress

thanks.

What is your accommodation? And what accommodation were you given before you were put on the waiting list... none?

Do you think they will know if I apply for accomm before I've firmed them and ignore my application?
Reply 4
yh same thing happened to me & im really stressed

what happens if you haven't got a room by the time uni starts? would nottingham offer temporary accommodation orr??
thanks.

What is your accommodation? And what accommodation were you given before you were put on the waiting list... none?

Do you think they will know if I apply for accomm before I've firmed them and ignore my application?

When they put me on the waiting list they said I would get temporary accommodation while they built the new one which is Beeston Halls. But then before university started I got an offer for a different catered hall on UP (catered and uni Park was my preference btw)

on my application I think I noted down that I have a clearing offer and will have firmed it by Monday.

btw I applied the Saturday after results day last year. Those who applied on results day got their accommodation quicker than me. So you should just apply ASAP.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
When they put me on the waiting list they said I would get temporary accommodation while they built the new one which is Beeston Halls. But then before university started I got an offer for a different catered hall on UP (catered and uni Park was my preference btw)

on my application I think I noted down that I have a clearing offer and will have firmed it by Monday.

btw I applied the Saturday after results day last year. Those who applied on results day got their accommodation quicker than me. So you should just apply ASAP.

How long would the temporary accommodation have been for? and where? ok cheers :smile: I was meant to go to Notts last year but decided to drop out before turning up- would have been in Nightingale. So there's always hope people will decide not to turn up and i'll get accomm. Do you know many/ any first years who didn't get any accommodation at all? Also Beeston Halls... how many people does it have rooms for? thankssss
Reply 7
How long would the temporary accommodation have been for? and where? ok cheers :smile: I was meant to go to Notts last year but decided to drop out before turning up- would have been in Nightingale. So there's always hope people will decide not to turn up and i'll get accomm. Do you know many/ any first years who didn't get any accommodation at all? Also Beeston Halls... how many people does it have rooms for? thankssss

Also are you enjoying your time at nottingham overall? Are you pleased with your choice?

Beeston Halls is a new hall that was built last year so this year the accommodation should probably be less hectic.

people who were in temp accommodation I think were in it until mid October but I’m not sure. They also got a pretty good discount on their rent.

idk if it would be the same this year.

i would check and see if there is a group chat for those not in halls in the Facebook group.

Also are you enjoying your time at nottingham overall? Are you pleased with your choice?

I struggled with my mental health abit last year so there were times where I was not that happy. A lot of ups and downs last year!I did learn a lot about myself tho. I am definitely looking forward to my second year :smile:.

I missed my firm but think I definitely made the right choice by going notts instead of my insurance choice.

The campus is amazing, it has a really big sports scene with lots of options. Lots of societies.
Reply 9
Beeston Halls is a new hall that was built last year so this year the accommodation should probably be less hectic.

people who were in temp accommodation I think were in it until mid October but I’m not sure. They also got a pretty good discount on their rent.

idk if it would be the same this year.

i would check and see if there is a group chat for those not in halls in the Facebook group.

I struggled with my mental health abit last year so there were times where I was not that happy. A lot of ups and downs last year!I did learn a lot about myself tho. I am definitely looking forward to my second year :smile:.

I missed my firm but think I definitely made the right choice by going notts instead of my insurance choice.

The campus is amazing, it has a really big sports scene with lots of options. Lots of societies.

thanks so much. Hopefully I'll be given something :smile:
Hey, have you heard anything back from Nottingham? I’m in the same position except I applied about 3 days later, I haven’t heard anything from the uni (I’ve been calling them up) even though it’s been like 2 weeks since I applied, my chances are looking pretty slim....

I put down a preference for catered on UP too and I talked to someone already at Nottingham and she said catered fills up the quickest? Honestly, that’s my only requirement but now it looks like that’s going to make or break my uni accom application
When I try to log in to my accom thing I got confirmed through clearing like two days ago it keeps saying student not found? Did this happen to you?
Apply today ASAP

I got a place through clearing as well it was just confirmed on ucas like two days ago but when I try to register to the accommodation portal it just says student not found. Did this happen to you?
Original post by Osato222222
When I try to log in to my accom thing I got confirmed through clearing like two days ago it keeps saying student not found? Did this happen to you?

id imagine with it being a bank holiday weekend no one currently checking UCAS to update the nottingham uni admin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending