The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths June 2019 - GRADE 9 STUDENTS!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lollolokjob
My predicted boundaries:
9:198-200 (Last Year = 202)
8:165-169(Last Year = 170)
7:133-136(Last Year = 139)
6:105-108(Last Year = 109)
5:78-84 (I think at max 90) (Last Year = 79)
4:58-62 (I think at max 70) (Last Year = 50)
3:40-48 (I think at max 55)(Last Year = 35)

Anyone else agree? Had something similar in mind?
Cheers.

Yes that’s what me and quite a lot of people were predicting. Hopefully these are roughly the correct boundaries
Original post by jduxie4414
After about December in year 10, the training teacher watching our class was told to teach us for the remainder of the year as practice... NEVER AGAIN. Oh my days those were the worst lessons of my life :lol:. Thank god I had my normal teacher back in year 11

Lucky you 😝
Original post by lollolokjob
My predicted boundaries:
9:198-200 (Last Year = 202)
8:165-169(Last Year = 170)
7:133-136(Last Year = 139)
6:105-108(Last Year = 109)
5:78-84 (I think at max 90) (Last Year = 79)
4:58-62 (I think at max 70) (Last Year = 50)
3:40-48 (I think at max 55)(Last Year = 35)

Anyone else agree? Had something similar in mind?
Cheers.

These are very realistic, as they should drop but like 4/5 marks max.
Original post by Rabbibil V2
These are very realistic, as they should drop but like 4/5 marks max.

no i think the grade biundaries will be closer to 2017 boundries the grade 7 will be 129-131
Anyone else having dreams/nightmares about results day? 😂😂
Original post by rehena12
no i think the grade biundaries will be closer to 2017 boundries the grade 7 will be 129-131

I think that November 2018 was harder than June 2019, so the boundary should fall between then and June 2018. Obviously the November cohort is less abled generally so it will be closer to June
I think that November 2018 was harder than June 2019, so the boundary should fall between then and June 2018. Obviously the November cohort is less abled generally so it will be closer to June

my maths teachers had a meeting when all the exams were done and said that June 2018 paper 1 and 2 were relatively fine and paper 3 was extremely hard with the paper we've done people were struggling in the first paper found paper 2 fine and struggled even more in paper 3 our paper was nowhere near June 2018 ita going down possibly 9 -7 marks down
my maths teachers had a meeting when all the exams were done and said that June 2018 paper 1 and 2 were relatively fine and paper 3 was extremely hard with the paper we've done people were struggling in the first paper found paper 2 fine and struggled even more in paper 3 our paper was nowhere near June 2018 ita going down possibly 9 -7 marks down

I agree. Grade boundaries are going to drop. They would have been fine if only paper 3 was bad, but people were also struggling with paper 1.

Paper 1 was harder than June 18. Paper 2 was simlar/easier. Paper 3 was one of the hardest papers yet in the spec. Because of that they'll drop, but not as much as people are expecting. The boundary will be lower than Jun18 and higher than Nov18, so I predict 199 for a 9 ish (sorry, I'm not very familiar with the other grade boundaries)
Original post by ShyB
I agree. Grade boundaries are going to drop. They would have been fine if only paper 3 was bad, but people were also struggling with paper 1.

thank you ! have you seen the jump between grade boundaries that examiners do honestly you would be shocked, they can go down by 15 marks sometimes ! i get that happened due to the exams being new and all but honestly
i think the grade 7 will go as low as 126 marks
thank you ! have you seen the jump between grade boundaries that examiners do honestly you would be shocked, they can go down by 15 marks sometimes ! i get that happened due to the exams being new and all but honestly
i think the grade 7 will go as low as 126 marks

How many marks do you think you'll get vs what do you usually get in mocks?
Paper 1 was harder than June 18. Paper 2 was simlar/easier. Paper 3 was one of the hardest papers yet in the spec. Because of that they'll drop, but not as much as people are expecting. The boundary will be lower than Jun18 and higher than Nov18, so I predict 199 for a 9 ish (sorry, I'm not very familiar with the other grade boundaries)

june 2017-
grade 9-190
grade 8-157
grade 7-124

june 2018
grade 9-202
grade 8-170
grade 7-139

june 2019
grade 9-195
grade 8- 165
grade 7-126
How many marks do you think you'll get vs what do you usually get in mocks?

in class i was hitting the low 130s i was working at the start at a grade 6 but i knew i could push for a grade 7
in the actual exams with the help of maths teachers doing the unoffical markschemes
paper 1
48 max minium 45 marks
paper 2
46 max, minium 41 marks
paper 3
41 marks
hey thats my guess
in class i was hitting the low 130s i was working at the start at a grade 6 but i knew i could push for a grade 7
in the actual exams with the help of maths teachers doing the unoffical markschemes
paper 1
48 max minium 45 marks
paper 2
46 max, minium 41 marks
paper 3
41 marks
hey thats my guess

I think you very well could get a 7 if the boundaries drop low enough. Good luck anyway :smile:
paper 1
48 max minium 45 marks
paper 2
46 max, minium 41 marks
paper 3
41 marks
hey thats my guess

127-135 marks that is definitely at least a 6 maybe even a 7 if the boundaries go low enough.
Original post by mjhmichael18
127-135 marks that is definitely at least a 6 maybe even a 7 if the boundaries go low enough.

thanks !!
I think you very well could get a 7 if the boundaries drop low enough. Good luck anyway :smile:

good luck to you to lets hope edexcel has pity on us i mean the grade boundaries have already been set so

Paper 1 and 2 was similar to last years difficulty, but paper 3 was the anomaly. That's why they should drop but like 4-5 max.
I am stressed about results day. Hopefully not about maths but chemistry physics and English language. In the English exams, I don’t think my story was great and I do wonder about how I did on the literature questions. And had a bad head ache on paper 1 chemistry and paper 2 physics was crap. So I am extremely worried right now
Original post by ArtmisKco
I am stressed about results day. Hopefully not about maths but chemistry physics and English language. In the English exams, I don’t think my story was great and I do wonder about how I did on the literature questions. And had a bad head ache on paper 1 chemistry and paper 2 physics was crap. So I am extremely worried right now

Did you get special consideration for your headache (I’m not sure if you can) and are you taking triple science? Don’t worry about your exams, nothi can be done now and I’m sure you’ll do fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest