The Student Room Group

Leicester A100 2020 Entry

Welcome to the University of Leicester A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb

For entry requirements click: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/entry-requirements/academic-2020

Leicester A100 / A199 2020 Offer Holders: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6098920

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I know that deciles and margins vary from year to year, but I enter year 13 in September and achieved a 635 Band 3 UCAT score. My predicted grades are A*A*B. Excellent GCSE-equivalent grades. Would that have been good enough to secure an interview this year?
Reply 2
Original post by Mc.illyssaa
I know that deciles and margins vary from year to year, but I enter year 13 in September and achieved a 635 Band 3 UCAT score. My predicted grades are A*A*B. Excellent GCSE-equivalent grades. Would that have been good enough to secure an interview this year?

Try with your teacher to chang the B prediction to A, you will be fine.
Reply 3
Does anyone know what previous year minimum cut offs (in their points system) have been for calling to interview?
Original post by Jxnki
Does anyone know what previous year minimum cut offs (in their points system) have been for calling to interview?

53.5 last year
Reply 5
Original post by Jxnki

This is all on their website
Thinking of applying here
Original post by Langsett
Thinking of applying here

Stats?
Original post by DGeorge13
Stats?

I score 57.5
That’s good. Leicester is my fifth medicine option which I would pick if there is a massive decile swing as the course is great but I have four others I would prefer. Do you know how placement works in early years or what the timetable is like?
Did Leicester published the the minimum score for 2019 entry interview please?
Hi guys my stats are
GCSES:9998888776
A level Predictions:AAA (Biology, Chemistry and Spanish)
UCAT:642.5 Band 1
I think I score about 55.5/64
I have a question..... what was the least score that you know of out of 64 that was invited for an interview last year? As I'm aware the score used to be out of 64 but now it's changed to 84 and just wanted to see whether I have a chance with a score of 70.5/84
I score 51.5/64.......
Will the scoring table for UKCAT change after the deciles are released in mid-september or will it remain that way?
I don't actually know how to correctly score myself for the 2020 entry for medicine at Leicester because I have achieved grades of AAB but I'm resitting maths and although the website will consider at "max 1 resit" I'm not sure how my predicted grade will account for in my final score. As I have an option of scoring my actual achieved grades in the "achieved results" but that overall doesn't take into account my GCSE's nor my predicted grade for my resit subject. Someone please shine some light on this matter.:colondollar:
Original post by joelini567
Yeah I went through clearing for 2019 entry and got a 2020 offer instead ☺️ excited for the impromptu gap year aha

Awesome! May I ask what your UCAT and other stats were?
Here ya go
2560 Band 3 SJT - UKCAT
AAA - A level bio maths chem
7As 3A* 2B 1C - GCSE
C - FSMQ
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by joelini567
Here ya go
2560 Band 3 SJT - UKCAT
AAA - A level bio maths chem
7As 3A* 2B 1C - GCSE
C - FSMQ

wow pretty similar stats as mine
UCAT 2550 with band 1, 4A* 3A's 3B's , but i missed my maths A grade so I'm resitting and applying....really want to go to Leicester for medicine:redface: May I ask whether you applied to Leicester before or was it just through clearing? Sorry for asking so many questions it's just that I''m super sure that I'm gonna get a rejection from Leicester pre-interview as I only score 51.5/64
Original post by Simrankpy
wow pretty similar stats as mine
UCAT 2550 with band 1, 4A* 3A's 3B's , but i missed my maths A grade so I'm resitting and applying....really want to go to Leicester for medicine:redface: May I ask whether you applied to Leicester before or was it just through clearing? Sorry for asking so many questions it's just that I''m super sure that I'm gonna get a rejection from Leicester pre-interview as I only score 51.5/64

No worries happy to help! I didn’t apply for Leicester originally but ear marked it for clearing as really liked it and didn’t meet my Exeter offer. It seems like you’ve got what they’re looking for if you get the A! Hope it goes well for you :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
Does anyone know how leicester use UCAT score, the cutoff or what is a good score to be applying with?
Reply 19
Original post by he3456
Does anyone know how leicester use UCAT score, the cutoff or what is a good score to be applying with?

seriously, can you not work google?!
Leicester's scoring is here, in previous years you have needed a score in the mid 50s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending