The Student Room Group

TaRC raf Halton

Anyone on the raf TaRC course or recently completed it?
Looking for an insight to programme schedule etc
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sifigsy14
Anyone on the raf TaRC course or recently completed it?
Looking for an insight to programme schedule etc

Hi

Which course do you mean? Are you looking for information for Phase one training?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 2
Thought I'd give this thread a quick bump, as just had my P3 interview this morning which went well and was quite informal, been advised that just awaiting my medical records back and once they have them I will have my Capita medical, do my fitness test at a local gym then they're going to try and get me onto TaRC course at Halton in January.

Recruiter told me it's roughly 2 weeks long, with a few days spent with the Regiment guys refreshing things then off to trade training, which he wasn't sure if that would be Halton still or Worthy Down. So my question is does anyone know what the exact training at TaRC (Halton) entails other than kitting & attestation?

Im assuming fitness test but other than that can't find much info
Reply 3
I finished the TARC course a few weeks back. Depending on if your transferring(army/navy) or rejoining (raf) will depend how long you stay. I was ex raf and rejoined to sameTrade. Mon - fri week 1. Weekend off. left tues week 2 direct to station. Week 1. Attest, rafft, kit, mod1, etc
I have my trac course soon but would I get put upThe Sunday night
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Jrunning16
I have my trac course on xxxx at 8:30am but would I get put upThe Sunday night

Please read the security sticky and DO NOT post course dates on here.
Reply 6
(Original post by Jrunning16)I have my trac course on Monday the 21st at 8:30am but would I get put upThe Sunday night

Yeah. Phone camp and ask for RTS guardroom. Few of the guys and girls got there night before
Original post by Surnia
Please read the security sticky and DO NOT post course dates on here.

Sorry
Original post by Wolf335
Thought I'd give this thread a quick bump, as just had my P3 interview this morning which went well and was quite informal, been advised that just awaiting my medical records back and once they have them I will have my Capita medical, do my fitness test at a local gym then they're going to try and get me onto TaRC course at Halton in January.

Recruiter told me it's roughly 2 weeks long, with a few days spent with the Regiment guys refreshing things then off to trade training, which he wasn't sure if that would be Halton still or Worthy Down. So my question is does anyone know what the exact training at TaRC (Halton) entails other than kitting & attestation?

Hi there. I left RAF end of Feb. I applied to rejoin 2 months later, as I hated civvie street. It's been six months of slow process, but finally I've been told my medical was approved today and I have to do the fitness test in the next few weeks. Do you have to do 1 day PRTC to do bleep test as a rejoiner? and then the TARC course? Or do I go straight to TaRc? if all goes well end of Nov, I will be on the January one too that you mentioned, that's if there isn't this requirement to do 1 day PRTC for bleep test.

Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Which course do you mean? Are you looking for information for Phase one training?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Hi Adam. I am rejoining RAF. I have passed medical and got my fitness test end of Nov. I left the RAF end of Feb this year. Is there a requirement to do 1 x day of PRTC as a rejoiner for the bleep test after passing the PJFT? or will I go straight to the rejoiner course (TaRC) ?
Original post by Wolf335

P.S I think your AFCO are being optimistic. Capita take WEEKS to get your medical records, then weeks to tell the AFCO you passed. It's a nightmare. There's no way you will make the January TARC course.
Reply 11
Original post by Neilrobbo88
Hi there. I left RAF end of Feb. I applied to rejoin 2 months later, as I hated civvie street. It's been six months of slow process, but finally I've been told my medical was approved today and I have to do the fitness test in the next few weeks. Do you have to do 1 day PRTC to do bleep test as a rejoiner? and then the TARC course? Or do I go straight to TaRc? if all goes well end of Nov, I will be on the January one too that you mentioned, that's if there isn't this requirement to do 1 day PRTC for bleep test.

You won’t do prtc. You have to do PJFT and then straight to TaRC
Why did the afco tell me 1 day of prtc for bleep test then tarc?
Reply 13
Why did the afco tell me 1 day of prtc for bleep test then tarc?

Mmm.
Ok, let me see if I can help you out here.
Don’t mean to be rude to Adam, apologies if taken the wrong way but... when I asked about Tarc few months ago, he didn’t seem to know what I was on about. The response “are you looking for phase 1 information” kinda a give away.

As someone who has actually been through the TaRC course, maybe I can help.

Obviously all our processes maybe be different to each other depending on time out of service, changes in health etc etc so length on process start to finish may differ.
Me personally, 4 months start to finish. Here my details
Apply
Fill in forms and supply all previous service docs
Took me a week or so to get squared away.
Med docs to capita and med itself from application was about 4 weeks. Doc told me I passed on the day
PJFT was soon arranged for 2 weeks after medical.
I failed first PJFT but won’t go into that, 1 month later ready for 2nd attempt and passed.
1 week later I had TaRC date, 4 weeks later back in.
Didn’t have any problems with capita myself, I know a lot of people do so feel for those guys.
No prtc. If your getting told prtc then all I can say is question it! Why do you need to do it?? Your not going back thro basic! You doing a refresher course which doesn’t take long at all. Def not the two weeks it says.
Hope this helps in any way. Best decision I ever made, back in !
Good luck
Fantastic stuff thank you for this. I need to smash my PJFT as I need back in too.
Mmm.
Ok, let me see if I can help you out here.
Don’t mean to be rude to Adam, apologies if taken the wrong way but... when I asked about Tarc few months ago, he didn’t seem to know what I was on about. The response “are you looking for phase 1 information” kinda a give away.

As someone who has actually been through the TaRC course, maybe I can help.

Obviously all our processes maybe be different to each other depending on time out of service, changes in health etc etc so length on process start to finish may differ.
Me personally, 4 months start to finish. Here my details
Apply
Fill in forms and supply all previous service docs
Took me a week or so to get squared away.
Med docs to capita and med itself from application was about 4 weeks. Doc told me I passed on the day
PJFT was soon arranged for 2 weeks after medical.
I failed first PJFT but won’t go into that, 1 month later ready for 2nd attempt and passed.
1 week later I had TaRC date, 4 weeks later back in.
Didn’t have any problems with capita myself, I know a lot of people do so feel for those guys.
No prtc. If your getting told prtc then all I can say is question it! Why do you need to do it?? Your not going back thro basic! You doing a refresher course which doesn’t take long at all. Def not the two weeks it says.
Hope this helps in any way. Best decision I ever made, back in !
Good luck

Random question - if I do my RAF fitness test around 25th Nov, is that enough time for the AFCO to send me my offer of service and get me on tarc for January?
Reply 16
Random question - if I do my RAF fitness test around 25th Nov, is that enough time for the AFCO to send me my offer of service and get me on tarc for January?

Should do. I had a date within a week and offer of service was a few weeks. Actually signed offer about a week before I left
Reply 17
Still waiting for my capita medical taking an age to get sorted..
Reply 18
Original post by Wolf335
Still waiting for my capita medical taking an age to get sorted..

Did you get your full med docs to them or you waiting on gp docs?
All I can say is chase, chase and chase again. I’m sure you are aware that no one will do it for you. I’m sure you are chasing but chase some more. Good luck 👍
Reply 19
Did you get your full med docs to them or you waiting on gp docs?
All I can say is chase, chase and chase again. I’m sure you are aware that no one will do it for you. I’m sure you are chasing but chase some more. Good luck 👍

GP Docs all sorted, still waiting on my military records from the Army, I'm chasing on the regular it's bloody annoying. But I'll keep persuing them

Quick Reply

Latest