The Student Room Group

Does anyone regret anything from their GCSE’s??

I’ve mentioned this a lot round here
But for psychology I didn’t revise ONE topic and I missed 18 MARKS on paper 1 !! Urghhh
Well the one 9 marker I just didn’t do urghhh and isk y coz after the exam everyone said wat they wrote and I was like shhhhhhh*tttttt

Also English lit for the poetry question from the cluster (Power and Conflict).... I didn’t revise that poem! Urgh but I used wat I could remember which ended up to be one paragraph so
😪😪

BTW: I didn’t find the GCSE forum so I’m just sending it on chat but if u find it then move this that form plz

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sannah 21
But for psychology I didn’t revise ONE topic and I missed 18 MARKS on paper 1 !! Urghhh
Well the one 9 marker I just didn’t do urghhh and isk y coz after the exam everyone said wat they wrote and I was like shhhhhhh*tttttt

Also English lit for the poetry question from the cluster (Power and Conflict).... I didn’t revise that poem! Urgh but I used wat I could remember which ended up to be one paragraph so
😪😪
I'm sure everyone has regrets from some of their exams, if you need to resit that is an available option. If you don't then well done, depending on what you go on to do next these GCSEs won't have a big impact on your life. :nah:

BTW: I didn’t find the GCSE forum so I’m just sending it on chat but if u find it then move this that form plz
I'm sure @CoolCavy or somebody else will be.able to move it for you. :smile:

😪😪

I regret not revising enough. :K:
Reply 3
Original post by Purple Apple
I regret not revising enough. :K:

Yh...
Everyone feels like that...
Unfortunately
But I’m gonna revise EVERYTHING for a levels hopefully

These I didn’t really care THAT much but lol kinda wished I did
Original post by 04MR17
I'm sure everyone has regrets from some of their exams, if you need to resit that is an available option. If you don't then well done, depending on what you go on to do next these GCSEs won't have a big impact on your life. :nah:
I'm sure @CoolCavy or somebody else will be.able to move it for you. :smile:

Done :smile:
Reply 5
Oh yeasss, in language paper instead of writing about source A i wrote about source B, and realised it right at the end when i had like 40 mins left which i had left for the writing section, so basically i went back to fix it and my writing was preetty ****. Overall the whole exam was a mess
Reply 6
😕😬😑😪
Omggg but hopefully we did good!!!! Ahhhhh
I just want the day to come!!
Reply 7
I didn't finish Business Studies Paper 1 on time, and I had to rush my answer (though still, I couldn't manage finishing lol). For both of the English Language papers I think I spent too much time on Q4 rather than Q5, the creative writing.

I also sometimes worry if the examiner can't read my handwriting because I forget to dot my i's so it can look like a different letter.
Reply 8
😕😬😑😪
Omggg but hopefully we did good!!!! Ahhhhh
I just want the day to come!!

3s all around???? 👀
Reply 9
Yes... the stress of sitting them.
Reply 10
Original post by Anthos
I didn't finish Business Studies Paper 1 on time, and I had to rush my answer (though still, I couldn't manage finishing lol). For both of the English Language papers I think I spent too much time on Q4 rather than Q5, the creative writing.

I also sometimes worry if the examiner can't read my handwriting because I forget to dot my i's so it can look like a different letter.

Omggg I loved the business papers!!!!! They were light weight omggg
U can basically just waffle a long as u know terms 😂
Yh omggg I feel the same for eng Lang coz now I remember I wrote bare for Q4 but that means more marks sooo better than nothing!

Omggg my handwriting.... wat can I say
Lol the g and y I wrote then without the curve
And my sis was always like fix it during exams!!! Lol I tried but
Anyway I don’t really care coz they should be able to read it anyways 😂😂 it’s their job
Bruv they better not have marks me down coz of that like wtf
Reply 11
Original post by Bazyli
3s all around???? 👀

? Wa
Reply 12
? Wa

As in, do you expect a grade 3 or below for every subject
Reply 13
Original post by Bazyli
As in, do you expect a grade 3 or below for every subject

😌
Not for me
Omg u k wat I think I passed everything like....
I’m good at everything
Lol but dance ehhh maybe 4 but watever
No one gave a sh*t
As long as you get the grades for your chosen subjects in A level youre fine.. I ended up getting a bunch of problems during GCSES and I luckily got what I needed to get in. I don't really regret anything because A levels are the only thing that matter to get into uni,
Reply 15
Original post by Caramel.cara
As long as you get the grades for your chosen subjects in A level youre fine.. I ended up getting a bunch of problems during GCSES and I luckily got what I needed to get in. I don't really regret anything because A levels are the only thing that matter to get into uni,

Yh....
That’s y. I didn’t care THAT MUCH for gcse 😂
Lol my mum and sis were like wtfffff wat r u doing u should focus and watever
Loool
I wish id taken spanish instead of french.
Reply 17
Original post by Emma:-)
I wish id taken spanish instead of french.

I did Spanish and the exams were EASYYYY excepy for speaking coz u k... nervousness

It’s sound easier than french!
I did Spanish and the exams were EASYYYY excepy for speaking coz u k... nervousness

It’s sound easier than french!

Id always really liked both up until the end of year 9. I did consider doing both for gcse, but i decided against 2 languages, and i had other options i wanted to pick. So i picked french. Although id enjoyed it before, i think the teacher spoiled it for me. He was a good teacher (i think he was also one of the deputy heads or something similar). But he came up with un-funny jokes etc etc. I preferred the teachers id had before.
Yh....
That’s y. I didn’t care THAT MUCH for gcse 😂
Lol my mum and sis were like wtfffff wat r u doing u should focus and watever
Loool

yeah I did some revision near the ending but that was it :u:

Quick Reply