The Student Room Group

Medicine entry 2019 clearing

I achieved 2210 in my ucat test. I know the score is bad but I only had a week to prepare for the test Due to being severely ill. I studied BTEC level 3 extended diploma Applied Science and achieved D*D*D. Currently I am studying biomedical science and achieve a 1st in the first year of the degree. I was wondering if there are any universities available who will accept me for 2019 entry. I am the first one from my family to go to university and belong to low household income and received bursary at college. Please reply back ASAP. Thanks in advance 🙂
Reply 1
Ucat score was 2210 which is bad and it was as only due to I only had a week to prepare for it. I studied applied science at college and achieved D*D*D and currently completed first of biomedical science and achieved a first. Is there a way that I could apply to study medicine? Or which universities will accept me for clearing 2019 entry.

Thankyou
Reply 2
Original post by Desimusic
Ucat score was 2210 which is bad and it was as only due to I only had a week to prepare for it. I studied applied science at college and achieved D*D*D and currently completed first of biomedical science and achieved a first. Is there a way that I could apply to study medicine? Or which universities will accept me for clearing 2019 entry.

Thankyou

Medicine clearing has closed for 2019 entry
Virtually no med schools accept BTEC except for a few for Foundation Entry, but these need WA flags and very few of these accept graduates. Most unis require people to finish a degree they are currently enrolled in to apply for medicine.
You may be best finishing your degree and considering GEM, but will need a UCAT 2720+ for this in general.
Otherwise you are going to need to plough through med school websites looking for those that accept BTECs and then seeing if you meet their selection criteria
Reply 3
Well nice to know we are both saying the same thing...... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending