Hollyh5353
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m really worried about applying for university. I would preferably like to attend a Russel group university, and study Law. I know that law is competitive and as are good universities, I’m worried that my GCSE’s aren’t up to the Russel group standard and that I won’t be made any offers. My GCSEs are : ABBCCCDD (76655433) higher grades in English, History. Do universities take GCSE’s massively into account?
Spud14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I find they’re far more focused on A-levels and what you’re predicted to get in them, including your progress through them
Hollyh5353
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spud14)
I find they’re far more focused on A-levels and what you’re predicted to get in them, including your progress through them
I am predicted AAB at A level, I’m taking Law English Language and Psychology. Do you think those grades would be accepted? thanks
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Depends on your degree as for example, in physics they may expect a 6 in maths GCSE, but for law they may expect atleast a 5 for English but you’d had to do some research
Hollyh5353
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Depends on your degree as for example, in physics they may expect a 6 in maths GCSE, but for law they may expect atleast a 5 for English but you’d had to do some research
I have a 7 in English, I can’t see many requirements specifically for law, they just ask for an essay based subject at A level. Thanks for the help
Spud14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hollyh5353)
I am predicted AAB at A level, I’m taking Law English Language and Psychology. Do you think those grades would be accepted? thanks
That would get you into great unis (maybe check individual uni requirements) and all three choices work in your favour
Hollyh5353
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spud14)
That would get you into great unis (maybe check individual uni requirements) and all three choices work in your favour
thanks!
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hollyh5353)
I’m really worried about applying for university. I would preferably like to attend a Russel group university, and study Law. I know that law is competitive and as are good universities, I’m worried that my GCSE’s aren’t up to the Russel group standard and that I won’t be made any offers. My GCSEs are : ABBCCCDD (76655433) higher grades in English, History. Do universities take GCSE’s massively into account?
RG universities have different policies regarding GCSE's for Law. I suspect some might accept you but other wont. I am sure I remember seeing someone wanted 7 GCSE's above C. Check each university's entry requirements as that will be more accurate than anyone guessing on here.
Hollyh5353
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
RG universities have different policies regarding GCSE's for Law. I suspect some might accept you but other wont. I am sure I remember seeing someone wanted 7 GCSE's above C. Check each university's entry requirements as that will be more accurate than anyone guessing on here.
Okay thanks! Top RG uni’s like UCL and Queen Mary’s ask for that, but for example Cardiff and Kent don’t specify at all, just wondering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.99%
No (76)
20.88%
Not sure (66)
18.13%

Watched Threads