The Student Room Group

Weekend away a suitable first date?

This girl suggested she wants to spend a weekend away with me as a first date... A whole weekend?!

OK context:

Started talking to girl on Tinder, moved it over to Snapchat very quickly as us guys do. Started talking for about a week, I asked her out, she declined out of uncertainty, fair enough, continued talking for few more weeks on and off. I suggested calling her one time, she was ok with that idea. Did it eventually not really thinking it would go anywhere. Turns out there's chemistry in our conversation. Surprising for me because I don't even like phoning people, was really just a shot in the dark.

So spoke on the phone about 3 or 4 times. Latest call I just asked "when you wanna meet up?" Before I could even suggest which was just gonna be a simple walk through the park one morning, she interrupted with "wanna go ___ for like a weekend away or something?" was kinda lost for words for a sec but just responded with "yeah could do" to fill the air lol.

Honestly I wasn't sure what she thought of me up until then. But i've noticed as we've spoke more recently she's become a lot warmer and way more suggestive. So with that I'm assuming she likes me. And I like her tbh but of course we still haven't met lol

So question is simple. What would you do in this situation? Just say **** it and go along with the idea which could potentially be fun?Or say **** that idea and go with something more simple?

Scroll to see replies

My initial thought would be “oh they’re going to murder me”. but after i calmed down, i would still be like no:/ for me to stay with someone all weekend, i would have to really be interested in them. and know them for a really long time. i mean honestly go with ur gut but i would go to like a movie for the first date.
You only truly learn about people when you spend entire days on holiday with them, but I think it's a bad idea to do this so soon!

Maybe suggest a day trip somewhere instead?
Reply 3
Too much, too soon with someone you don't really know. Say you would prefer to spend a day together and take it from there.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
This girl suggested she wants to spend a weekend away with me as a first date... A whole weekend?!

OK context:

Started talking to girl on Tinder, moved it over to Snapchat very quickly as us guys do. Started talking for about a week, I asked her out, she declined out of uncertainty, fair enough, continued talking for few more weeks on and off. I suggested calling her one time, she was ok with that idea. Did it eventually not really thinking it would go anywhere. Turns out there's chemistry in our conversation. Surprising for me because I don't even like phoning people, was really just a shot in the dark.

So spoke on the phone about 3 or 4 times. Latest call I just asked "when you wanna meet up?" Before I could even suggest which was just gonna be a simple walk through the park one morning, she interrupted with "wanna go ___ for like a weekend away or something?" was kinda lost for words for a sec but just responded with "yeah could do" to fill the air lol.

Honestly I wasn't sure what she thought of me up until then. But i've noticed as we've spoke more recently she's become a lot warmer and way more suggestive. So with that I'm assuming she likes me. And I like her tbh but of course we still haven't met lol

So question is simple. What would you do in this situation? Just say **** it and go along with the idea which could potentially be fun?Or say **** that idea and go with something more simple?

Go with her idea but bear in mind that she is also likely to want sex to be honest. You could meanwhile suggest a video call?
Beats me why someone not wanting sex would go on a tinder date at all :confused:

OK context:

She sounds like a bit of a goldigger to be honest

OK context:

Personally, I'd say absolutely not. Way too much, way too soon. What happen s if you go and decide hald way through the weekend you don't like each other? 🤔
Go for, I don't know, a coffee date, dinner, cinema.... Something else first. Make sure you like this person in real life before you go away for an entire weekend.
If she pays since she asked because uhhhh :curious:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
If she pays since she asked because uhhhh :curious:

Yeah, fine if she pays or they both pay, but if she expects you to pay... she’s probably using you.
Reply 10
She sounds like a bit of a goldigger to be honest

more likely wants sex through the weekend. Hotel rooms are not that expensive!
I'd go... Honestly I would... It sounds like it could be an awesome weekend, but seems like I am a minority.. :ike:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by EverythingIsHere
I'd go... Honestly I would..

I dont know what is confusing the OP. The topic is casual sex. Yes or no? Simple, And i am not judging either. lol
Original post by mgi
I dont know what is confusing the OP. The topic is casual sex. Yes or no? Simple, And i am not judging either. lol

Casual sex is awesome, one of the best types of sex a man can have as far as I'm concerned, sex no strings attached :boing:
Reply 14
Original post by EverythingIsHere
Casual sex is awesome, one of the best types of sex a man can have as far as I'm concerned, sex no strings attached :boing:

Yes if both are single, in agreement, use protection, and respectful- fine.
Original post by mgi
Yes if both are single, in agreement, use protection, and respectful- fine.

Agreed
Probably not the best idea, if it goes badly then you're both just stuck there and it could be pretty awkward.
Reply 17
Original post by MidgetFever
Probably not the best idea, if it goes badly then you're both just stuck there and it could be pretty awkward.

But then you just check out early. I presume they are both adults with free will?
Original post by mgi
But then you just check out early. I presume they are both adults with free will?

I'm not saying they're not but if they're going to another city; what if one of them drove there? It's a bit crappy to just leave the other there, but then awkward to endure the car ride back.
Reply 19
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm not saying they're not but if they're going to another city; what if one of them drove there? It's a bit crappy to just leave the other there, but then awkward to endure the car ride back.

Ok. i see what you mean. They could, like lots of people, meet up in a cafe for example and then decide what they want to do next?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending