The Student Room Group

Whats Cambridge like?

I have an option to move to cambridge after GCSEs, and live there. I have been there, to visit a member of family that studies there. I have only seen the touristy university parts, which I found interesting, and I was wondering whats normal life like? Are the schools there good? Does it look as old as the town centre?
Reply 1
"Hows the weed up there?"

And you're taking GCSE's?
Reply 2
Original post by Strelzo
"Hows the weed up there?"

And you're taking GCSE's?

that doesnt answer my question
Reply 3
Original post by cheefkeef
that doesnt answer my question

I know, but you've just openly admitted to smoking weed underage lol
Original post by Strelzo
I know, but you've just openly admitted to smoking weed underage lol

Smoking weed underage? Last time I checked smoking weed was illegal for all ages. And so what he admitted it? Are you a police officer?
Listens to Chief Keef and smokes weed, alright kiddo, calm down. :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by Alexty28
Smoking weed underage? Last time I checked smoking weed was illegal for all ages. And so what he admitted it? Are you a police officer?

Oh yes :h:! You have uncovered my hidden identity.

Of course I know weed is illegal for all ages. But if you go to different countries, the laws are different. Ever so sorry to kerfuffle my words there before speaking, but when you use emphasis, that's what happens.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7

thank you
Original post by MidgetFever
Listens to Chief Keef and smokes weed, alright kiddo, calm down :lol:

I'm just asking how cambridge is, is it good or what?
Original post by cheefkeef
thank you

Dw mate you will find weed wherever you go.
Dw mate you will find weed wherever you go.

Still love how you gave him an answer, about the weed...

😂
Original post by Strelzo
Still love how you gave him an answer, about the weed...

😂

Never been to Cambridge :dontknow:
I believe Hills Road and Long Road 6th forms are considered quite good state schools. There's quite a lot of private schools around as well, and probably some other state schools.

It's nice enough living here, I like the green spaces and wildlife (such as it is). Most of Cambridge isn't as "classical" looking as the old colleges in the city centre (even the rest of the uni is generally much more modern looking, e.g. Sidgwick and West sites), for example Mill Road and Chesterton.
thank you, that as very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending