The Student Room Group

"Add clearing choice" missing from ucas

So I called my university today and they offered me a place and said I have 24 hours to confirm my place on ucas. They told me to add the course and uni in clearing choice but the "Add clearing choice"button is missing from the website. https://imgur.com/a/qmWAM0c I don't know what to do now becasue I only have until 5 pm tomorrow to do this and that is when I finish work. Anyone know what to do in this case?
Original post by tk88
So I called my university today and they offered me a place and said I have 24 hours to confirm my place on ucas. They told me to add the course and uni in clearing choice but the "Add clearing choice"button is missing from the website. https://imgur.com/a/qmWAM0c I don't know what to do now becasue I only have until 5 pm tomorrow to do this and that is when I finish work. Anyone know what to do in this case?

To be eligible for clearing, you need to decline any offers you're currently holding- have you pressed the 'decline my place' button (only do this if you're absolutely sure you want to go into clearing!)?
Reply 2
Original post by Labrador99
To be eligible for clearing, you need to decline any offers you're currently holding- have you pressed the 'decline my place' button (only do this if you're absolutely sure you want to go into clearing!)?

Yes I have done that
Original post by tk88
Yes I have done that

Have just been able to look at your screenshot, and it looks like you've deferred your application?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Have just been able to look at your screenshot, and it looks like you've deferred your application?

Yes i have deffered it in 2018, so I would start in 2019 but I changed my mind and wanted to go to a different univerty through clearing.
Original post by tk88
Yes i have deffered it in 2018, so I would start in 2019 but I changed my mind and wanted to go to a different univerty through clearing.

Aah, okay, I'm not sure whether you can go into clearing then, since your application was part of last year's cycle...Will tag in a couple of people who might know for definite though

@PQ @She-Ra is it possible to go into clearing if you had applied last year (deferred entry for this year)? Or would you need to decline it then reapply in this current cycle to access clearing just now?
Aah, okay, I'm not sure whether you can go into clearing then, since your application was part of last year's cycle...Will tag in a couple of people who might know for definite though

@PQ @She-Ra is it possible to go into clearing if you had applied last year (deferred entry for this year)? Or would you need to decline it then reapply in this current cycle to access clearing just now?

It needs an entire fresh application to be able to use this year's clearing.
Original post by claireestelle
It needs an entire fresh application to be able to use this year's clearing.

Thanks Claire :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending