The Student Room Group

A-Level Remark Success Stories

Poll

A-Level Remark Success Stories

Has anyone had a successful re-grade from a remark?

I'm having one of my maths (Edexcel) papers remarked and I don't know what to do to keep my misery away while waiting for the results. I'm 3 marks off an A* and my firm has already rejected me.

I know that marks can go down or stay the same especially with maths but I'm hoping against hope that they have missed a page or miscalculated...
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WinterKuma

I'm having one of my maths (Edexcel) papers remarked and I don't know what to do to keep my misery away while waiting for the results. I'm 3 marks off an A* and my firm has already rejected me. Have never gotten below 70 in any of my maths mocks and this paper that I'm having remarked I got 62 :/

I know that marks can go down or stay the same especially with maths but I'm hoping against hope that they have missed a page or miscalculated...

My son got one of his maths papers remarked a couple of years ago and he did go up 3-4 marks so it happens....but no guarantee that it will happen to you as I'm sure you know. Let us know how you get on

I'm having one of my maths (Edexcel) papers remarked and I don't know what to do to keep my misery away while waiting for the results. I'm 3 marks off an A* and my firm has already rejected me. Have never gotten below 70 in any of my maths mocks and this paper that I'm having remarked I got 62 :/

in the same situation my biology mark is one mark off an A* and im waiting for a remark, if it does move up i will get a place at my firm uni. honestly the wait is killing me :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by davidskis17
in the same situation my biology mark is one mark off an A* and im waiting for a remark, if it does move up i will get a place at my firm uni. honestly the wait is killing me :frown:

One mark!? That hurts even more. Is your firm aware that you are having a remark? Really hoping that our grades move up...

Just got my Econ Edexcel remark back. No change - was 8 marks off and knew it was pretty unlikely but I was a bit desperate haha.

still waiting to hear back for English lit which is the one that I genuinely believe I got the wrong marks for. Fingers crossed because it's meant to be such a subjective subject.

Good luck for yours and keep us updated!
Original post by scrippsy
Just got my Econ Edexcel remark back. No change - was 8 marks off and knew it was pretty unlikely but I was a bit desperate haha.

still waiting to hear back for English lit which is the one that I genuinely believe I got the wrong marks for. Fingers crossed because it's meant to be such a subjective subject.

What grade are you hoping it changes to, and how many marks away from that grade are you?
Original post by Silurianwarrior
What grade are you hoping it changes to, and how many marks away from that grade are you?

A* by 7 marks.

I know it sounds like a lot and it probably is but basically I got full marks for half the English lit modules and just over half marks for the other half which is just incredibly inconsistent. Thought the exams went well as well but I guess I'll find out...
A* by 7 marks.

I know it sounds like a lot and it probably is but basically I got full marks for half the English lit modules and just over half marks for the other half which is just incredibly inconsistent. Thought the exams went well as well but I guess I'll find out...

How about Econ, it didn’t change but what grade did you want?
How about Econ, it didn’t change but what grade did you want?

A* in order to meet my A*AA offer.

Are you getting anything remarked?
A* in order to meet my A*AA offer.

Are you getting anything remarked?

History and Physics
Hoping they go up to an A, very much doubt it.
Sciences hardly ever increase and History very rarely increases for people. Can only try tbh
Ended up with A*ABB. Firm offer is currently pending and waiting on remarks
(edited 4 years ago)
History and Physics
Hoping they go up to an A, very much doubt it.
Ended up with A*ABB. Firm offer is currently pending and waiting on remarks

Good luck! Apparently 1/5 of remarks lead to a change in grade but usually only if it's 1/2 mark difference so it's not looking too great for me either...

Tell me how it goes!
Interesting to see what happens , good luck all
Reply 12

I am one mark away from getting a A in Maths. I have scored 479/600 ,where A is awarded at 480 and I am also considering to send a paper for remark. 😔
Original post by Ahnaf05
I am one mark away from getting a A in Maths. I have scored 479/600 ,where A is awarded at 480 and I am also considering to send a paper for remark. 😔

If you need it for a Uni place you should arrange a priority remark ASAP
i feel you guys, i was getting A*s in english and i was awarded a B, missing my offer by 3 marks. sent all 3 papers off for a priority remark because it just felt like i was given the wrong
marks. if it goes up, oxford will take me, just feeling so impatient rn
Original post by Miraldn
i feel you guys, i was getting A*s in english and i was awarded a B, missing my offer by 3 marks. sent all 3 papers off for a priority remark because it just felt like i was given the wrong

exam board was Edexcel btw
Reply 16

When did you apply for a remark? I applied for a priority remark for econ because i was 1 mark off my LSE offer, got paper 1 and paper 2 remarked, but i have no idea when i might hear back, my insurance uni starts in 3 weeks so i'm quite desperate too.
Original post by WookieJ
When did you apply for a remark? I applied for a priority remark for econ because i was 1 mark off my LSE offer, got paper 1 and paper 2 remarked, but i have no idea when i might hear back, my insurance uni starts in 3 weeks so i'm quite desperate too.

i know you werent quoting me but i sent mine off on results day and my exams officer told me that the maximum time a priority remark takes is 10 days x
Original post by Miraldn

What grades did you end up with on results day?
What grades did you end up with on results day?

i got AAB and needed AAA

Quick Reply

Latest