The Student Room Group

Priority remark

I am sending off my English paper for priority remark to enable me to get into my first uni choice how long am I roughly will I be waiting to get the paper back?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
It depends on the exam board. We've had most of the priority requests we sent off on Thursday back from Edexcel and OCR already but I wouldn't expect to see anything from AQA for a few days yet.
Original post by Compost
It depends on the exam board. We've had most of the priority requests we sent off on Thursday back from Edexcel and OCR already but I wouldn't expect to see anything from AQA for a few days yet.

What subjects were the OCR remarks for? I sent all 3 of my bio papers off for a priority remark on Thursday and haven’t heard anything back yet.
Reply 4
I’m with Edexcel and had it sent on Friday so hopefully won’t be too long then. Thankyou!!
Reply 5
Original post by Compost

how many went up/down ??
Reply 6
Original post by medical.dad
What subjects were the OCR remarks for? I sent all 3 of my bio papers off for a priority remark on Thursday and haven’t heard anything back yet.

Oddly, I've had all subjects we do with OCR except Biology back.
Reply 7
Original post by n.345
how many went up/down ??

It's been a really bad year so far for success - about 12 or 13 have come back and only 2 have had mark changes with only 1 grade change
Original post by Compost
It's been a really bad year so far for success - about 12 or 13 have come back and only 2 have had mark changes with only 1 grade change

Have these been STEM or humanities/essay subjects mainly?
Reply 9
How will I be notified when it’s back ?
Original post by scrippsy
Have these been STEM or humanities/essay subjects mainly?

A reasonable mixture - Maths, Economics, Psychology, History, Geography, Psychology, Physics...
Original post by Lauren2571
How will I be notified when it’s back ?

It depends on your school. I email the student's school email and the email address of the person who paid f that's not the same.
Reply 12
Original post by Compost

do you happen to remember what subject the grade change was in and how many marks the candidate was away from the grade.
Original post by n.345
do you happen to remember what subject the grade change was in and how many marks the candidate was away from the grade.

Yes, but what relevance does this have to you? Most papers will be marked correctly but there will be marking errors in pretty much all subjects.
Reply 14
Original post by Compost
Yes, but what relevance does this have to you? Most papers will be marked correctly but there will be marking errors in pretty much all subjects.

just because I'm getting my maths paper remarked but I've been told it's unlikely to change because it's not subjective. So was just wondering what subject the grade change was in
Original post by n.345
just because I'm getting my maths paper remarked but I've been told it's unlikely to change because it's not subjective. So was just wondering what subject the grade change was in

You get changes in all subjects. The bigger ones tend to be in the more subjective subjects but they can happen anywhere if there's been a transcription error at some point. I've had a Maths paper change by 2 this year (it went down) whereas none of the History have moved at all. However, the sample size is so small as to make the data worthless.
Original post by medical.dad

Did u end up going up marks and if u did how many ? Also when did u hear back approximately how many days ? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest