The Student Room Group

i feel really lonely

i have been really lonely for a while now and i really want a partner or someone to love me for me i am a goth and many people hate that about me but i love being a goth its just that i get sad when no one likes me how do i get the guy i like to like me back i am so lost and i just want someone to love me for me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alice summers
i have been really lonely for a while now and i really want a partner or someone to love me for me i am a goth and many people hate that about me but i love being a goth its just that i get sad when no one likes me how do i get the guy i like to like me back i am so lost and i just want someone to love me for me

If the guy that you like doesn't like you back then he doesn't deserve you. No offense.
i know i just dont know if he likes me or not
i just dont understand why men just avoid me i thought about changing but then i would hate not being liked for me and its horrible but i dont know why i feel like this i just dont like being alone all the time with no one to talk to
i just dont understand why men just avoid me i thought about changing but then i would hate not being liked for me and its horrible but i dont know why i feel like this i just dont like being alone all the time with no one to talk to

You shouldn't even think about maybe changing who you are. Also, maybe you should just ask him if he likes you back or if he wants to go out with you.
Why not just go out with another goth then? would make things easier for you.

A lot of people hate things they don't understand or fear. You'd rather be with someone who likes you for who you are rather than someone who expects you to change for them. Maybe you should go for guys who have a similar interest to you or go for a guy who is also a goth.
i know i just want him to like me but i am nearvous about asking him as he might say no and then it might dampen our freindship
Reply 8

dont want to sound dumb but just wondering what is a goth? Heard of it obviously but only know they wear black (I think?!) - Thanks :smile:
and i wish i just new where to find them as i dont know any other goth
its ok a goth is someone that likes the darker things in life and darker music and can wear colour like purple and red and brown
a style of rock music derived from punk, typically with apocalyptic or mystical lyrics.

a member of a subculture favouring black clothing, white and black make-up, and goth music
i dont understand why people dont like or understand me
Reply 13

Ok. So now you have to use strategy and go places where other people similar to you go and make friends. Gith events, concerts, festivals, get busy!
Reply 14

Can't you use social media to look for them? Do some research.
i have no idea where to go it is one of those hard things as i am only 15 so mum is very restricktive about what i can and cant do
i have no idea where to go it is one of those hard things as i am only 15 so mum is very restricktive about what i can and cant do

At the age of 15 in the UK, the one big over-riding ambition is "to be just like everyone else".
The social conditioning to conform is extremely strong in UK schools. With a big motivation being fear of being bullied.

You should congratulate yourself on doing your own thing and not being a sheep.
Although many goths seem to have swapped one form of sheepish following (the conventional school one) for another (the goth culture).
It's ironic that part of being a goth is supposedly doing your own thing and yet at goth concerts they will all be dressed in black and look and behave like clones of each other. It's like the Life of Brian sketch about "You are all individuals"
BTW, I love the better examples of goth music.

Anyway, when you get to 18 and go to uni, you will find it a lot easier to find a romantic partner.

Treat the next few years as one big (not too serious) experiment in you finding ways to influence people to fall in love with you. Expect more failures than successes. It's the successes that make all the failures worthwhile.
Find where other goth's are. You can research online, through social media.

Events and gigs. Whitby Goth Weekend is a big one in the UK. But really any band in that scene will draw a big goth crowd wherever they perform.
(edited 4 years ago)
I haven't seen a goth for literally OP's lifetime ago... although I did see two at once that time. Even they were just mallgoths though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending