The Student Room Group

Anxiously awaiting GCSE grades..

Okay so there’s currently 23 days till results day and I’m extremely nervous..I’m constantly preoccupied by these results..anyone else relate? Also what do you think the grade boundaries will do this year (I sat AQA)..obviously they’ll fluctuate but I’m wondering wether it’ll be up or down and by how much..any help/advice will be appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XHannahR
Okay so there’s currently 23 days till results day and I’m extremely nervous..I’m constantly preoccupied by these results..anyone else relate? Also what do you think the grade boundaries will do this year (I sat AQA)..obviously they’ll fluctuate but I’m wondering wether it’ll be up or down and by how much..any help/advice will be appreciated!

Same, I'm becoming really impatient and worried. I can't imagine waking up on results day, I'll literally sprint to school :s-smilie:
Reply 2
In the same situation! I’m anxiously awaiting results... I’m hoping the grade boundaries are generous! Fingers crossed they’ll be similar to last year’s, if not only a tiny bit higher. I’m hoping maths doesn’t go up though, the Edexcel papers were awful :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Huckipity
Same, I'm becoming really impatient and worried. I can't imagine waking up on results day, I'll literally sprint to school :s-smilie:

My school gives us our results at 8:30 but I know I’ll be up at silly o’ clock and I’ll be there at 8am! I 100% understand what you mean!
Reply 4
Original post by alice03x
In the same situation! I’m anxiously awaiting results... I’m hoping the grade boundaries are generous! Fingers crossed they’ll be similar to last year’s, if not only a tiny bit higher. I’m hoping maths doesn’t go up though, the Edexcel papers were awful :s-smilie:

I’m hoping that the boundaries stay around the same too! Ah I did aqa maths, I did hear that edexcel was hard! All he best of luck😊
Reply 5
I’m hoping that the boundaries stay around the same too! Ah I did aqa maths, I did hear that edexcel was hard! All he best of luck😊

Good luck to you too! Fingers crossed! :s-smilie:
Unfortunately, no-one can give you a firm prediction about what will happen with grade boundaries, as grade boundaries are set according to lots of factors by the exam boards, and no-one without access to the data exam boards have can tell you what will happen.

I would say that signs probably point to grade boundaries in most subjects going up at least a bit. If you look at what happened with English and maths between the first and second sittings- grade boundaries did go up in both subjects across all exam boards. Also, last year, there was some criticism in the press last year about very low grade boundaries in some subjects. However, we don't have much data to go on!

However, if there was a particular subject/paper that all students found really hard, exam board won't want to have to fail a disproportionate number of students, so in this subject grade boundaries won't go up, and could even go down.

I understand it's difficult waiting for results, but this probably isn't worth worrying about- it's better to find things to do to distract yourself, or focus on things you can control- e.g. coming up with a plan B for worst case scenario results.
My school gives us our results at 8:30 but I know I’ll be up at silly o’ clock and I’ll be there at 8am! I 100% understand what you mean!

Yup! Imma make sure I'm at the front of the line waiting outside when the doors open at 9am
wow my school only opens at 10am :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by mez_merising
wow my school only opens at 10am :s-smilie:

Ooh that’s a wait!
How do you find out about when you can get results, my school have said nothing about it lol
Reply 11
Edexcel maths higher boundaries should go down
Reply 12
Original post by Strawberry0943
How do you find out about when you can get results, my school have said nothing about it lol

They should email you, mine told us on our leavers assembly 😊
Original post by Strawberry0943

Same
What about AQA? I’m sure I’m going to have to resit 🙄

Omg I only get my results at 10!
Reply 16
Original post by Emmajcaulfield
Omg I only get my results at 10!

Ahh good luck!!
im so worried aswell! aqa triple biology was so hard! and chem... and geog omg ive done so bad.
i just dont wanna disappoint my parents. might start digging my grave now
Reply 18
Original post by ineedsumhelp
im so worried aswell! aqa triple biology was so hard! and chem... and geog omg ive done so bad.
i just dont wanna disappoint my parents. might start digging my grave now

Chemistry was hard! And so was geog PP2! I’m most worried about English language..all the best of luck! I’m sure your parent will support and love you no matter what.
i'm praying history grade boundaries stay the same or go down but im pretty certain they'll go up. i also am desperate to see the edexcel maths grade boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest