Who's this Eve Cornwell lass and why is everyone suddenly mentioning her
Hwelch1991
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Who's this Eve Cornwell lass and why is everyone suddenly mentioning her
She's a YouTuber whos a law grad from bristol. She's just done her LPC and is now doing her TC. She's funny and makes videos on law which are really helpful and informative, like one on the LNAT. She's also just created her own company #MCC
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hwelch1991)
She's funny and makes videos on law which are really helpful and informative, like one on the LNAT. She's also just created her own company #MCC
And one can infer exactly what her target audience is from posts like these...
Hwelch1991
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
And one can infer exactly what her target audience is from posts like these...
Her audience is obsviously aimed for younger audiences however that is exactly what I need as there aren't many people who make videos to do with the legal profession. I think it's vastly different when you see a written review/explanation compared to a video where someone explains it in simpler terms,which is nice to have. it's a bit of fun and if it helps her afford her rent or something, then why not support her
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Her audience is obsviously aimed for younger audiences however that is exactly what I need as there aren't many people who make videos to do with the legal profession. I think it's vastly different when you see a written review/explanation compared to a video where someone explains it in simpler terms,which is nice to have. it's a bit of fun and if it helps her afford her rent or something, then why not support her
Mind posting this as a video? Too long for me
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Aimed at girls, I guess.
Hwelch1991
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aimed at girls, I guess.
Not really. She posts a variety of things thats aimed at everyone to watch. Her law posts are informative and anyone who wanted to know a bit more about law/training to become a solicitor may find it helpful, regardless of gender
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really. She posts a variety of things thats aimed at everyone to watch. Her law posts are informative and anyone who wanted to know a bit more about law/training to become a solicitor may find it helpful, regardless of gender
I'm gonna watch one of her vids and report back with how girly it is

Ye, Johan's branching out into reviews, kids
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Notoriety Having conducted a deep anthropological study, I set out my findings herewith:

The majority of her channel is light-hearted vloggy and promotional stuff that doesn't seem too useful (all the stuff about what's in her backpack and introducing people to her room and her flatmates). Some of her uploads are clearly for fun but have nothing to do with law (how to deal with the first term of uni, the IQ thing with the medic, etc.)

A couple of videos seemed relevant (e.g. the 'how to study'/'how to get into an MC' ones), even though these were slow to get to the point (what's up with her 2-minute intros and random editing tricks?) and not as amazingly insightful as other resources I've found online

I will admit that I watched the LPC and MSc Business videos in full because I wasn't too sure as to what ULaw's LPC is like. So +1 to her for those.

Character-wise, it's great that she's confident and honest all of the time, but, judging from her comments section, most of her audience seem to be your typical 'thick-blonde-with-a-2.1-from-an-RG'. So I'm not surprised that she's watered down her content for them.
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Notoriety Having conducted a deep anthropological study, I set out my findings herewith:

The majority of her channel is light-hearted vloggy and promotional stuff that doesn't seem too useful (all the stuff about what's in her backpack and introducing people to her room and her flatmates). Some of her uploads are clearly for fun but have nothing to do with law (how to deal with the first term of uni, the IQ thing with the medic, etc.)

A couple of videos seemed relevant (e.g. the 'how to study'/'how to get into an MC' ones), even though these were slow to get to the point (what's up with her 2-minute intros and random editing tricks?) and not as amazingly insightful as other resources I've found online

I will admit that I watched the LPC and MSc Business videos in full because I wasn't too sure as to what ULaw's LPC is like. So +1 to her for those.

Character-wise, it's great that she's confident and honest all of the time, but, judging from her comments section, most of her audience seem to be your typical 'thick-blonde-with-a-2.1-from-an-RG'. So I'm not surprised that she's watered down her content for them.
I can't believe you actually examined her channel Tbf I liked her weird reactions to legally blonde and everyone seems to love her LNAT video.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aaryra)
I can't believe you actually examined her channel Tbf I liked her weird reactions to legally blonde and everyone seems to love her LNAT video.
Oh yeah, I didn't bother with her reaction vids. Just read the titles and moved on.

LNAT video, LNAT video... must've skipped that one. Will examine.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

That's one way to spend your Sunday late evening.
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh yeah, I didn't bother with her reaction vids. Just read the titles and moved on.

LNAT video, LNAT video... must've skipped that one. Will examine.
Maybe I'm weird but I didn't find it too helpful. She also had quite a nice video about missing her King's law offer that a lot of people, including myself, found useful.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's one way to spend your Sunday late evening.
had a long journey today

now don't interrupt me I'm watching her video at 2x speed
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aaryra)
Maybe I'm weird but I didn't find it too helpful. She also had quite a nice video about missing her King's law offer that a lot of people, including myself, found useful.
can't relate

4 minutes in and no actual LNAT advice

this is what pisses me off about her vids
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can't relate

4 minutes in and no actual LNAT advice

this is what pisses me off about her vids
I do agree, I don't watch her for actual advice, more so because I find some of her vids amusing. She read out one single sentence of her LNAT essay and made it into a big deal.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
8* minutes in and she's only given us the basics you can find on the website (!!!)
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
8* minutes in and she's only given us the basics you can find on the website (!!!)
Stick it out, it's all worth it for the one sentence.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She should've stressed the techniques more (e.g. don't bring in personal knowledge, pay attention to the nuances in the question, always interrogate your response, try to get a sense of what each person in the passage is trying to say overall [though I think that this is a luxury], etc.). Going through a random question isn't that helpful if you're not giving people tools they can reuse.

You don't need 'creativity' to do well on the LNAT essay.

Best tip about the LNAT essay section is to avoid crap questions about which you know nothing. The 'plants and species dying out' is a perfect example of the sort of question that needs to be avoided. And yet she chose it.
Last edited by J Papi; 1 month ago
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She should've stressed the techniques in more detail (e.g. don't bring in personal knowledge, pay attention to the nuances in the question, always interrogate your response, try to get a sense of what each person in the passage is trying to say overall [though I think that this is a luxury], etc.). Going through a random question isn't that helpful if you're not giving people tools they can reuse.

You don't need 'creativity' to do well on the LNAT essay.

Best tip about the LNAT essay section is to avoid crap questions about which you know nothing. The 'plants and species dying out' is a perfect example of the sort of question that needs to be avoided.
I think a lot of people taking the LNAT already have weird perceptions that you have to be completely creative and be able to link everything to facts and stats on random topics so I thought the video was a bit sh*t. Glad I saw it after I did the exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads