The Student Room Group

Friend showing off

My friend has a bf and she talks to me about him 24/7 and tells me everything he’s brought when we meet up she’s always texting him and I really have a gut feeling that she’s rubbing it in my face and trying to say/ show she has a better relationship with her bf then I do with my bf
That may have been the case if you were single, but seeing as you also have a bf, she probably isn’t thinking about rubbing her own relationship in your face. I mean, why should she? Talking about him probably makes her happy, but if it is seriously bothering you, talk to her about it.
Reply 2
She might just trust you with the details of her relationship. maybe she wants you to share too
Reply 3
Original post by elouise1453
That may have been the case if you were single, but seeing as you also have a bf, she probably isn’t thinking about rubbing her own relationship in your face. I mean, why should she? Talking about him probably makes her happy, but if it is seriously bothering you, talk to her about it.

I have spoke to her about it twice now she even ignores me to text him and ring him and just the way she says stuff u can kinda tell
Reply 4
Do you feel that it's is actually worth the effort to continue the relationship? It sounds like it is getting you down.
Reply 5
Original post by Em395
Do you feel that it's is actually worth the effort to continue the relationship? It sounds like it is getting you down.

With my friend ?
Reply 6
classic case of extreme insecurity, when they need to show off its because they are desperately overcompensating for something

my own friend is like that. she shows off about literally everything and brags like she thinks her sh1t smells better than everyone. i'm smart. i'm rich. i've got a great career. i bought a new house. i've got this. i've got that. look what i bought again. i managed to fit into a smaller size. i got hit on again. yet shes the biggest moodiest b1tch who CANNOT stand it when someone does better than her or is happier than her. what does that tell you? all that showing off and shes still bloody miserable. shes insecure on the inside and it shows on the outside.

and then theres an aunt of mine - HOLY MOLY how this woman used to show off about how perfect her marriage and kids were. turns out her husband was abusive to her. and her kids have all left home now and literally ignore her. thats why shes given up showing off. remember the more they show off - the more they are covering something up.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
With my friend ?

Yes. Or just tell her again how you feel
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending