The Student Room Group

Bf told me he loves me late

I asked my bf when he knew he loved me and he said about 2 months in. But he didn’t actually express this to me until 4 months in... why is this
Maybe he didn’t love you back then. It takes time to develop such strong feelings. Maybe he also struggles to tell other people exactly how he feels.
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie_1712
Maybe he didn’t love you back then. It takes time to develop such strong feelings. Maybe he also struggles to tell other people exactly how he feels.

He hinted at it 3 months in... but we were recently talking about another couple who’ve decided to get married within months of knowing each other and he said ‘how can you love each other in 3 months’ lol
Original post by Anonymous
He hinted at it 3 months in... but we were recently talking about another couple who’ve decided to get married within months of knowing each other and he said ‘how can you love each other in 3 months’ lol

I have the same stance as him. I don’t think you can develop feelings of love that quickly. Maybe what you’re feeling isn’t love?

Oh and btw, that marriage will last 6 months most. If it even goes through 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
I asked my bf when he knew he loved me and he said about 2 months in. But he didn’t actually express this to me until 4 months in... why is this

maybe because he was thinking about breaking up and then settled for you
Reply 5
Original post by heartbreaker666
maybe because he was thinking about breaking up and then settled for you

Don’t think that’s ever crossed his mind
His? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME their gender
Reply 7
Have you actually asked him what love means to him? Why should he be in a hurry to tell you that he loves you? He would need to check you out and think first and that takes time. If he said it after a week would you have believed him?
He didn't want to scare you off. Premature L-words can send people packing.
Reply 9
Original post by heartbreaker666
His? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME their gender

Issues! Passive aggressive!
It took my girlfriend a while to say she loved me - I said it first but without any expectation of her saying it back. She took maybe a month longer before she told me she loved me. She loved me before but saying I love you is a BIG thing as so she wanted to be sure that's what she really felt before she said it. She would say things like "I'm falling for you" which was her way of trying to say she loved me but she just wasn't ready to say it yet.

It is completely normal for people to feel as tho they love someone a while before they say it. It happened with my best friend and her partner - he was just scared to say it even tho he knew he loved her.

It isn't anything that you should feel upset or angry about as long as you are sure that he means it when he now says he loves you. Some people just take time to express how they feel.
Thank you

Never mind what he SAYS. How does he BEHAVE towards you. Talk's cheap. Actions aren't.

When he is with you, are you happy enough to be in his company?
If yes, carry on and enjoy your time with him, regardless of what he says or doesn't say.
If no, dump him and more on to someone else, regardless of what he says.

He didn't feel ready to tell you that soon.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending