The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

2020 Entry University of Dundee Applicants

Hello

This thread is for University of Dundee applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2020

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Also, if you haven't been to check out our campus yet, we've got Open Days coming up very soon. The first one is on Monday 26th August 2019 and you can see all the dates and links to book your place on our website.

Karen
University of Dundee Enquiry Team
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I’m Chandan and just applied to biomedical science. I have just sent off my application form for accommodation for hub , for my first choice, and my last choice down as westpark flats. Does anyone know anything about this accommodation as I’m worried that I won’t be put with first year dundee university students.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Hi, I'm Andrei and I got an offer from this university for applied mathematics master, but I also got an offer from the university of Birmingham. The thing is I don't know what to do, go to Dundee where the modules are more specific and I like the modules more but they have a lower reputation than the university of Birmingham where they have more general modules. What should I do? Go for the reputation or go for the modules? Also, how's life in Dundee?
Original post by chandan2828
Hello, I’m Chandan and just applied to biomedical science. I have just sent off my application form for accommodation for hub , for my first choice, and my last choice down as westpark flats. Does anyone know anything about this accommodation as I’m worried that I won’t be put with first year dundee university students.

Hi @chandan2828,

That's great that you've applied to Dundee :smile: If you've applied and are planning on joining us in September 2019, you might find the 2018-2019 University of Dundee Applicants thread more useful. This thread is probably better for people thinking of applying or already applied for September 2020 or January 2021 entry.

About our accommodation - we have some details and pictures on our website - www.dundee.ac.uk/accommodation/flats/. The Hub is owned and managed by another company, but we have an arrangement with them. If you've applied to us, the University will allocate your room at The Hub which will always be with other University of Dundee first year undergraduates. More than half of The Hub's residents will be first year undergraduates studying at the University of Dundee. If you ask your question on the other thread you might get a reply from one of our students who has stayed in The Hub.

Best wishes,
Karen, University of Dundee Enquiry Team
Hi, I’m Catriona and I’m thinking about applying for Law at Dundee. I’m also considering applying to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh and Aberdeen
Reply 5
Hey i am Tanishi, i have applied to Dundee for Gateway to Medicine, i was wondering about the statistics on the number of places for international students and whether there’s a community or society group for Indian students...I haven’t received a offer yet but fingers crossed🤞
Original post by Tanishig
Hey i am Tanishi, i have applied to Dundee for Gateway to Medicine, i was wondering about the statistics on the number of places for international students and whether there’s a community or society group for Indian students...I haven’t received a offer yet but fingers crossed🤞

Hi @Tanishig! Thank you for contacting us :smile:. Unfortunately, we don't have these numbers to hand but I have left you with the details of our colleagues over at freedom of information who may be able to assist you further with this!

As for any community groups for Indian students, I have left you with a link to our Indian applicant web page, here you can view all of the necessary information on what is on offer for Indian students! :smile:

Email - [email protected]
Indian Web page - https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/international/country/india/

I hope that his helps! :smile:

Thanks,
Nathan
Hi there! I'm Celine and I want to apply to dundee for architecture. I'm also applying to De Montford. I'm in the process of completing my portfolio but I don't have that many 3D works(possibly only 1 or 2). Will that limit my opportunity of getting an offer?
Hi there guys!

My name is Rhiannon and I’m applying for Animation. The only other place I’m thinking of applying so far is AUB, but I’m travelling all the way from Cornwall own my own (21 hour coach journey rip) for a Dundee open day next week, which I’m terrified about!

I actually have no idea what to do when I’m there as I’m staying for a few days to explore Dundee and i’m completely lost D:

In the meanwhile, I’d love to make some friends on here!
Original post by RBudzinska
Hi there guys!

My name is Rhiannon and I’m applying for Animation. The only other place I’m thinking of applying so far is AUB, but I’m travelling all the way from Cornwall own my own (21 hour coach journey rip) for a Dundee open day next week, which I’m terrified about!

I actually have no idea what to do when I’m there as I’m staying for a few days to explore Dundee and i’m completely lost D:

Hello @RBudzinska, thank you for contacting us :smile:!

We hope that your journey doesn't feel that long and is comfortable! Arriving alone can be a scary thought but there will be many friendly University of Dundee staff present to make your Open Day experience the best that it can be. If you have any questions on the day, please don't hesitate to ask one of our student ambassadors, they will be wearing our University of Dundee printed blue t-shirts :smile:.

I have also left you with a link below which will provide you with everything you need to know about the day to help settle the nerves a little. Click here - https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/visitus/opendays/artdesignarchitectureopenday-november2019/#info-on-the-day

If you have any questions before the day then feel free to give our Enquiry Team a call on 01382 383838 and one of us can assist you with any queries you may have :smile:.

We look forward to seeing you!

Thanks,
Nathan :smile:
Original post by RBudzinska
Hi there guys!

When exploring Dundee definitely check out the V&A museum! It’s right beside the waterfront 😊
Original post by sweeline
Hi there! I'm Celine and I want to apply to dundee for architecture. I'm also applying to De Montford. I'm in the process of completing my portfolio but I don't have that many 3D works(possibly only 1 or 2). Will that limit my opportunity of getting an offer?

Hi Celine,

So happy to hear that you are considering Dundee for Architecture.

This year we will be asking our applicants to complete a creative task as part of the selection process. You can find some guidelines on what we will be looking for here - www.dundee.ac.uk/undergraduate/architecture/creative-task. Hopefully this eases your concerns a wee bit but if you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to get back in contact.

Our Enquiry Team is available 9-5, Mon-Friday and you can get in touch over the phone via 01382 383838 or by email at [email protected].

Best of luck with your application!

Richard :smile:
Name/Username: Sophie
Course(s) Applied for: Psychology MA
Other Unis Applied to: University of St Andrews, University of Glasgow, Aberdeen University, Stirling University
Anything Else: I'm really excited for my applications and looking forward to receiving offers ! <3
Original post by University of Dundee
Hello

This thread is for University of Dundee applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2020

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Also, if you haven't been to check out our campus yet, we've got Open Days coming up very soon. The first one is on Monday 26th August 2019 and you can see all the dates and links to book your place on our website.

Karen

Hello my name is Dimitris
I am an EU student and i want to ask you when you start to make offers in eu students
I have applied for International Relations and Politics!
Original post by iamjames2001
Hello my name is Dimitris
I am an EU student and i want to ask you when you start to make offers in eu students
I have applied for International Relations and Politics!

Hi Dimitris,

So happy to hear that you have applied to study with us!

We will wait until the 15th of January 2020 before our admissions team will begin to fully review applications. This gives everyone who applies on time a fair chance to be considered. We would normally begin to send out decisions from March and UCAS requests universities respond to applications submitted by the 15th of January by the 2nd of May at the latest.

You can always stay in contact via email at [email protected] or over the phone via +44 1382 383838 if you have any other questions regarding your application.

Best of luck with your application,

Richard
Hi, I'm Katy and i've applied for Bsc anatomical sciences and the other unis I have applied to are Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Robert Gordon. Can't make my mind up between Glasgow and Dundee though but I currently only have an unconditional from Glasgow so I'm just hoping to get an offer
Reply 16
Hi! My name's Will and I'm from the US. I received an offer from Dundee a few days ago and I think that I'm going to accept it. Just wondering, are most students friendly with Americans?
Original post by University of Dundee
Hello

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Karen

Name: Jess
Course: history
Predicted grades: BBB
Also applying at: winchester newcastle
Currently studying: history dance pe
Reply 18
Hello everyone, I'm Tom I'm from the Scottish Borders and I'm applying for biomedical science. I've applied to edinburgh, Aberdeen, glasgow and glasgow caledonian for physiotherapy but I'm set on Dundee. Big hockey player too.
Hey!! I’ve also applied to anatomical sciences in Dundee,are you thinking about staying at accommodation?