Jihadi Jack stripped of British citizenship. Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://news.sky.com/story/jihadi-ja...urces-11788024

Excellent.

His parents have branded the government cowards, just no.
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are cowards, playing for political advantage. This man should be brought back to this country and held to account for what he has done. If we need new legislation to prosecute people like him, so be it. British terrorists should not be the problem of other countries. I don’t feel any sympathy for this guy, but I certainly do feel we should take responsibility for him.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by JanusGodofDoors)
They are cowards, playing for political advantage. This man should be brought back to this country and held to account for what he has done. If we need new legislation to prosecute people like him, so be it. British terrorists should not be the problem of other countries. I don’t feel any sympathy for this guy, but I certainly do feel we should take responsibility for him.
Simple question, how do you get him back in the U.K.?
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My understanding is that’s he’s being held by YPG, who are stretched pretty thin right now, and would probably welcome being able to hand the guy off to someone else. He could be picked up British government personnel in Turkey near the border with Syria.
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He is a terrorist, but he is British and it is unfair on Canada for Britain to just let Canada deal with it when he was born and raised in Britain. He should be brought to Britain and given a fair trial.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just like shamima Begum good, this will be my first and last post to this thread as last time I got involved I ended up with warning, for 'responding' to a terrorist sympathiser who was later banned. I don't regret what I said and I will say it again if I come across more poisonous scum.

ISIS are scum they deserve nothing more or less than a slow and painful death. End of topic as far as the bridge is concerned
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 month ago
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not surprised, all terrorists who join foreign terror groups should be stripped off their citizenship, for treason and for the safety of all of us
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Right decision. One less problem to have in this country. What I will say, is that I'm very surprised by his parents reaction? At the time when the story first broke about him leaving at the country, I actually believed they would admonish him for what he has done. To say the government are cowards in this instance is so far off the mark.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Joins an anti-UK terrorist group. Gets upset when the UK stops him from returning.
You couldn't make it up.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good. **** him.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
https://news.sky.com/story/jihadi-ja...urces-11788024

Excellent.

His parents have branded the government cowards, just no.
Another foolish act by Mr Javid. He is disowning British nationals and showing the world that the UK has contempt for its citizens.
Palmyra
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Another foolish act by Mr Javid. He is disowning British nationals and showing the world that the UK has contempt for its citizens.
He's a Canadian national, they can deal with him. This is (legally) a very different case to that of Begum.
DrFingeringMums
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's not very nice. Sure he made some mistakes here and there, but haven't we all.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank God some common sense
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
He's a Canadian national, they can deal with him. This is (legally) a very different case to that of Begum.
Yes, this is legally different but the same outcome. The terrorist was born in the UK, followed the British education system and lived among us as one of us. Now, we look for a loophole to throw him away. It is abhorrent.

It shows that anyone with dual nationality is not safe and are second class citizens where the government can discard them. Yet, we want these same people to show unquestionable loyalty to our country. It is foolish.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrFingeringMums)
That's not very nice. Sure he made some mistakes here and there, but haven't we all.
A mistake is getting caught with you girlfriend in the back seat of your dads car while you are wearing your mum’s underwear. Not joining a terror group.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by JanusGodofDoors)
My understanding is that’s he’s being held by YPG, who are stretched pretty thin right now, and would probably welcome being able to hand the guy off to someone else. He could be picked up British government personnel in Turkey near the border with Syria.
I think any YPG member that approaches the Turkey border will find themselves shot very quickly.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Yes, this is legally different but the same outcome. The terrorist was born in the UK, followed the British education system and lived among us as one of us. Now, we look for a loophole to throw him away. It is abhorrent.

It shows that anyone with dual nationality is not safe and are second class citizens where the government can discard them. Yet, we want these same people to show unquestionable loyalty to our country. It is foolish.
People with dual nationality are safe as long as they don’t join a terror organisation.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
People with dual nationality are safe as long as they don’t join a terror organisation.
That is not the point though. We have sent a strong signal to them that they are not really British. Yes, they could have the passport, sing the anthem, attend our schools and think they are, but then we throw them in the bin because they have connection to another random country.

This is why patriotism is dying in this country, we seem to talk a lot of rubbish about what it means to be British. We should not discard one of our own. They must have our sovereign protection and find justice:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads