The Student Room Group

Is 7 IGCSE's and two AS level too much? Please read everything and advise me :(

Hello! I am a 16 year old student who is planning to do these subjects on my following school year.

Math (Edexcel IGCSE)
Sociolgy (CIE IGCSE)
English (CIE IGCSE)
English Lit (CIE IGCSE)
Biology (CIE IGCSE)
Business (AS CIE)
Economics (AS CIE)

I've just gotten my IGCSES results and this is what they were:

English- A
Business- A
Economics A
Biology- B
English Literature- B

I'm currently going into year 12 and have decided to resit English, English Lit and Biology because i really didn't study for any of those exams. I just went in with the knowledge i had from class and compressed study guides so i could do better. Along with that, I will be taking on Math's (Edexcel) and Sociology (CIE). I will be taking on 2 AS subjects which are Business and Economics, both Cambridge Syllabus.

Is it too much? I am a very hard worker when I want to be and I've already revised the entire English Lit Syllabus for 2020 (the drama and prose are the same as last year). As for Biology I'm also really good at it but got really drained during exams due to my home environment being really bad.

What do you think?
Hey there.. I think if you are willing to work hard to get all these qualifications I think you should be fine.. I did an A level and 8 GCSEs this year.. it is difficult but like I said if you work hard and stay on top of your work I think you should be fine..
Original post by cocobean123
Hey there.. I think if you are willing to work hard to get all these qualifications I think you should be fine.. I did an A level and 8 GCSEs this year.. it is difficult but like I said if you work hard and stay on top of your work I think you should be fine..

thanks! If i could ask, how was your study schedule like? I've heard A levels are a whole other level than AS!
Original post by retajalshafeii
Hello! I am a 16 year old student who is planning to do these subjects on my following school year.

Math (Edexcel IGCSE)
Sociolgy (CIE IGCSE)
English (CIE IGCSE)
English Lit (CIE IGCSE)
Biology (CIE IGCSE)
Business (AS CIE)
Economics (AS CIE)

English- A
Business- A
Economics A
Biology- B
English Literature- B

I'm currently going into year 12 and have decided to resit English, English Lit and Biology because i really didn't study for any of those exams. I just went in with the knowledge i had from class and compressed study guides so i could do better. Along with that, I will be taking on Math's (Edexcel) and Sociology (CIE). I will be taking on 2 AS subjects which are Business and Economics, both Cambridge Syllabus.

Is it too much? I am a very hard worker when I want to be and I've already revised the entire English Lit Syllabus for 2020 (the drama and prose are the same as last year). As for Biology I'm also really good at it but got really drained during exams due to my home environment being really bad.

What do you think?

Hey! I’d say yes personally that is quite a lot, as A level is a huge jump from GCSE. I didn’t realise myself until starting it and completing it, but if your hardworking and motivated I believe you could do it!

I’d say the main skill you need for A level is organisation!! For instance make a time table for when you would revise at home and how many hours you’d like to do. There are also apps as well that can generate you ones! It’s always best as well to try and read a little ahead so you can understand things more and not fall behind within classes.

But also remember to not overload yourself with work! Make sure you have breaks or some one off days to yourself so you don’t burn all your motivation and energy!

Hopefully this was helpful to some degree !

Math (Edexcel IGCSE)
Sociolgy (CIE IGCSE)
English (CIE IGCSE)
English Lit (CIE IGCSE)
Biology (CIE IGCSE)
Business (AS CIE)
Economics (AS CIE)

English- A
Business- A
Economics A
Biology- B
English Literature- B

What do you think?

not at all mate, i did the same, i gave rest of my gcse in jan 2019 and my 2 AS in may
thanks a lot I think im going to go for it :h:

Original post by Ailurophile03
not at all mate, i did the same, i gave rest of my gcse in jan 2019 and my 2 AS in may
bump
thanks a lot I think im going to go for it :h:

happy to help
btw i also did igcse!
Original post by Ailurophile03
happy to help
btw i also did igcse!

thats great to hear :u:

Quick Reply

Latest