The Student Room Group

Student Finance Long Residence

I've applied for the student loan through the long residence criteria and haven't been able to produce evidence for 1 specific year where I have no letters. My question is: is it possible for student finance to contact the home office like what was done for the ordinarily resident for 3 years criteria. Also, the year in question is within the last 3 years so shouldn't it be covered by the check SF did with the home office?
Original post by GabeDarul
I've applied for the student loan through the long residence criteria and haven't been able to produce evidence for 1 specific year where I have no letters. My question is: is it possible for student finance to contact the home office like what was done for the ordinarily resident for 3 years criteria. Also, the year in question is within the last 3 years so shouldn't it be covered by the check SF did with the home office?

Hi there,

do not have any bank statements during this period that we asked for? What were you doing during this time? It is the students responsibility to provide the evidence we require for residency as we only check your status with the Home Office once all other routes are exhausted.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

do not have any bank statements during this period that we asked for? What were you doing during this time? It is the students responsibility to provide the evidence we require for residency as we only check your status with the Home Office once all other routes are exhausted.

Thanks,
Claire

During this time I wasn't really doing anything and I didn't have a bank account at the time either. All the evidence I've sent in has been rejected because I was told they were copies, I sent in original Home Office letters that covered the time and a couple NHS appointment letters which were all rejected. I've been sending evidence since July and I don't have anything else I could send so I think I've exhausted all routes.
During this time I wasn't really doing anything and I didn't have a bank account at the time either. All the evidence I've sent in has been rejected because I was told they were copies, I sent in original Home Office letters that covered the time and a couple NHS appointment letters which were all rejected. I've been sending evidence since July and I don't have anything else I could send so I think I've exhausted all routes.

All evidence needs to be originals. Were you paying council tax or any utility bills during this time? Were you receiving benefits or were you working?
If you don't have any evidence for this time then unfortunately we won't be able to award you finance.
Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
All evidence needs to be originals. Were you paying council tax or any utility bills during this time? Were you receiving benefits or were you working?
If you don't have any evidence for this time then unfortunately we won't be able to award you finance.
Thanks,
Claire

All the evidence I sent in was original and the Home Office letter I sent in was the one i received from the Home Office. I also sent in a college letter which was rejected for the same reason even though it was also an original letter from the college. I was still living with my parents during this time so I wasn't paying utilities.

How would I go about getting the Home Office check since nothing else is being accepted as valid.
All the evidence I sent in was original and the Home Office letter I sent in was the one i received from the Home Office. I also sent in a college letter which was rejected for the same reason even though it was also an original letter from the college. I was still living with my parents during this time so I wasn't paying utilities.

How would I go about getting the Home Office check since nothing else is being accepted as valid.

The Home Office Check isn't for residency its to make sure you had the correct status in the UK to be eligible for finance so this isn't an option for you. Did your parents claim Tax Credits or Child Benefits for you during this time? If yes we can accept the award letters confirming this for this time. Did you call us to query the college the letter? If not we would advise to call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can check why it wasn't accepted.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending