The Student Room Group

Compelling reasons help.

Hi, so i have been told by SFE i have 1 year funding remaining but can get another year for a two year course if i provide CPR.

I dropped out year two due to serious thoracic back problems which lead to mobility issues and had stress and anxiety from it. So dropped out of the course as i was in no condition to study or work at the time.

Would this sort of medical issue be suffice bearing in mind i will get a doctor’s letter confirming my condition which i have had since 2012 ongoing up until this day??
Original post by Jabeir10
Hi, so i have been told by SFE i have 1 year funding remaining but can get another year for a two year course if i provide CPR.

I dropped out year two due to serious thoracic back problems which lead to mobility issues and had stress and anxiety from it. So dropped out of the course as i was in no condition to study or work at the time.

Would this sort of medical issue be suffice bearing in mind i will get a doctor’s letter confirming my condition which i have had since 2012 ongoing up until this day??

Hi there,

The most important factor is to supply satisfactory evidence. You need to submit a GP's letter that's signed, dated and on headed paper which confirms the reason why you could not complete the year, the time this took place and how it had a direct effect on your studies.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

The most important factor is to supply satisfactory evidence. You need to submit a GP's letter that's signed, dated and on headed paper which confirms the reason why you could not complete the year, the time this took place and how it had a direct effect on your studies.

Regards,
Nihad

Hi, thank again. Ive just logged into my account it says i will get no funding because of ELQ. 😩, but i was told i can repeat the course as i didnt pass 2 modules due to medical reasons and sent my CPR medical report from a GP, and my own cover letter explaining. I sent it yesterday.

But i have spoken to many Student finance reps, they said yes i can repeat if i show compelling reasons. Is that the case? As online says No because of ELQ?? Please asvise me. Thank you again.

Im assuming their current decision is based without receiving my compelling reasons evidence??
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi,

Did you gain the qualification from your course when you withdrew?

Did you accidentally advise you gained a qualification on your application?

Thanks, Tégan
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Tegan
Hi,

Did you gain the qualification from your course when you withdrew?

Did you accidentally advise you gained a qualification on your application?

Thanks, Tégan

No i didnt gain a qualification otherwise i wouldnt want to repeat the course. What do i do to rectify the mistake? As i accidently wrote the wrong info. I spoke to a sfe rep, they said do another cover letter just to state that ive made a mistake abd didnt achieve the qualification.

Would that then allow me to do the course ofc if they accept my compelling reasons? And not be considered elq? Thank you
Reply 5
??
No i didnt gain a qualification otherwise i wouldnt want to repeat the course. What do i do to rectify the mistake? As i accidently wrote the wrong info. I spoke to a sfe rep, they said do another cover letter just to state that ive made a mistake abd didnt achieve the qualification.

Would that then allow me to do the course ofc if they accept my compelling reasons? And not be considered elq? Thank you

Hi there,

If you previously did not receive a qualification then we would do our previous study calculation to calculate your entitlement, you would then be able to send in CPR evidence to be awarded an extra year tuition support if you have used all your entitlement years.

Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) are reviewed on a case by case basis, if you send your evidence in along with a letter to confirm you did not previously gain a qualification and you indicated this on your online account in error we can review this.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 7
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

If you previously did not receive a qualification then we would do our previous study calculation to calculate your entitlement, you would then be able to send in CPR evidence to be awarded an extra year tuition support if you have used all your entitlement years.

Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) are reviewed on a case by case basis, if you send your evidence in along with a letter to confirm you did not previously gain a qualification and you indicated this on your online account in error we can review this.

Thanks, Amy

Thats put my mind at ease. I sent in a cover letter seperate to state i made a mistake and then another cover letter and gp report for CPR. Thank you very much.
Thats put my mind at ease. I sent in a cover letter seperate to state i made a mistake and then another cover letter and gp report for CPR. Thank you very much.

Hi there,

You're so welcome :smile: Once we have received your evidence our assessors will review this, at the moment it is currently taking 20 working days to process evidence from the date it is received.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending