The Student Room Group

Are you allergic to any unusual foods?

I'm not allergic to anything, which kinda makes me a bit boring! :bebored: But fortunate as I am able to eat what I enjoy without fearing imminent death. :eating:

My fiance's dad is deathly allergic to pineapple, as are 2 of his siblings. :eek4:

What about you? Do you have any weird or unusual allergies? :lolwut:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm not allergic to anything, which kinda makes me a bit boring! :bebored: But fortunate as I am able to eat what I enjoy without fearing imminent death. :eating:

My fiance's dad is deathly allergic to pineapple, as are 2 of his siblings. :eek4:

What about you? Do you have any weird or unusual allergies? :lolwut:

Nothing fatal but if I eat fresh pineapple I get ulcers on my tongue. Absolutely fine if it is tinned, dried, cooked etc but I discovered that McDonalds uses fresh pineapple in their smoothies when my tongue got all painful and red after having the mango and pineapple one 😂😂

One of my friends can't eat citrus fruit though.
Reply 2
I'm not allergic to anything thankfully :biggrin:

But my skin dislikes me eating a lot of ice cream/dairy :ashamed2:
Reply 3
Red lettuce :dontknow:
No food allergies, thankfully!

It's dust, pollen, and a number of soaps/skincare products for me.
Thankfully Nothing! :biggrin:
My cousin is allergic to figs and a girl at my school is allergic to pomegranates. Poor girls, they’ll never get to taste these sweet fruits without getting a swollen face
Original post by lilacdolphin
Nothing fatal but if I eat fresh pineapple I get ulcers on my tongue. Absolutely fine if it is tinned, dried, cooked etc but I discovered that McDonalds uses fresh pineapple in their smoothies when my tongue got all painful and red after having the mango and pineapple one 😂😂

One of my friends can't eat citrus fruit though.

That's interesting that it's only fresh! I wonder why

Original post by 8472
I'm not allergic to anything thankfully :biggrin:

But my skin dislikes me eating a lot of ice cream/dairy :ashamed2:

Oh no :frown: no eating a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's for you :frown:

Original post by Lostx
Red lettuce :dontknow:

That's okay, that stuff is icky!

Original post by sinfonietta
No food allergies, thankfully!

It's dust, pollen, and a number of soaps/skincare products for me.

Your whole life would be turned upside down if you had food allergies!

Original post by HumbleBee_x
Thankfully Nothing! :biggrin:

Woo!
Artificial strawberry stuff. Stuff you'd find in breakfast bars or cheap chocolate.
Reply 9
Not that I know of. My only allergies are pollen and cats
I'm allergic to citrus fruits and citric acid.
No allergy
Original post by ArtmisKco
My cousin is allergic to figs and a girl at my school is allergic to pomegranates. Poor girls, they’ll never get to taste these sweet fruits without getting a swollen face

Can't say I've ever had them, but have heard they're quite nice

That sounds nasty :frown:
Original post by gjd800
Not that I know of. My only allergies are pollen and cats

I'd hate to be allergic to cats!
Original post by londonmyst
I'm allergic to citrus fruits and citric acid.

That must be annoying, citrus fruits are all over the place!
Original post by Obolinda
No allergy

Wooo!
Bacon. I love it so much. But one little nibble of it and I get tingles all over and my ears clog up so I can't hear. After getting hit in the head and ears too many times, my ears have hard time circulating blood, and salt makes the blood spread, so...anything too salty just ****s my ears and blood up...
food is fine, it's caffeine,alcohol (the caffiene and alcohol were only 9 months ago it developed as a problem for me) aspartame and artificial citric acid in drinks that i don't react well to, more an intolerance than a full blown allergy though.
Reply 15
Oh no :frown: no eating a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's for you :frown:

Sadly it doesn't stop me.

Going for to the ice cream place nearby or having sundae's in restaurants :sogood:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Bacon. I love it so much. But one little nibble of it and I get tingles all over and my ears clog up so I can't hear. After getting hit in the head and ears too many times, my ears have hard time circulating blood, and salt makes the blood spread, so...anything too salty just ****s my ears and blood up...

I guess that's a good thing for your health, means you don't overload on salt
Original post by claireestelle
food is fine, it's caffeine,alcohol (the caffiene and alcohol were only 9 months ago it developed as a problem for me) aspartame and artificial citric acid in drinks that i don't react well to, more an intolerance than a full blown allergy though.

Is there artificial citric acid in lots of drinks or is it fairly easy to avoid?
Original post by 8472
Sadly it doesn't stop me.

Going for to the ice cream place nearby or having sundae's in restaurants :sogood:

Have you had the sundaes at the Harvester? :ahee:
No allergy here, but one of my friends used to be allergic to tomatoes when he was younger.
When I was younger I thought my sister was allergic to dairy when she was actually vegan, lol.
Reply 18
Have you had the sundaes at the Harvester? :ahee:

:ashamed2: :sadnod:

My main weakness is Creams Cafe or whatever McFlurry special Mcdonaldsis doing :laugh:

Is there artificial citric acid in lots of drinks or is it fairly easy to avoid?

it's in a lot of drinks, i can cope with decaf coke and lemonade and some sports drinks because it's not in high amounts in some but otherwise no other fizzy drinks. if i go to a pub it's either lemonade or alcohol free cider or a mocktail that i can have really.

Quick Reply

Latest