The Student Room Group

EPQ moderation

Hello all,
So basically I would have received my EPQ grade on 15th August but I missed the opportunity to find out what I got so I've emailed my teacher. Anyways one of my friends has received hers and she did so so well (A*) and she said that a lot of people were disappointed with their grades because our school marked too generously and we're all sent off for moderation (well all as far as I know) anyways I was given 49/50 (A*) and I'm worried that mine has been hugely downgraded. I've never achieved an A* before and I was so happy because I worked so hard and I'm worried it hasn't happened this time. Any advice/reassurance or any of your experiences so I know what to expect when I find out?
Thank you all :smile:
Original post by franellisxo
Hello all,
So basically I would have received my EPQ grade on 15th August but I missed the opportunity to find out what I got so I've emailed my teacher. Anyways one of my friends has received hers and she did so so well (A*) and she said that a lot of people were disappointed with their grades because our school marked too generously and we're all sent off for moderation (well all as far as I know) anyways I was given 49/50 (A*) and I'm worried that mine has been hugely downgraded. I've never achieved an A* before and I was so happy because I worked so hard and I'm worried it hasn't happened this time. Any advice/reassurance or any of your experiences so I know what to expect when I find out?
Thank you all :smile:

Surely your A levels are far more important? Just put it to one side and focus on uni if you have that sorted. Is this end year 12 or 13?
you're unlikely to lose more that 2 marks assuming your school/college is experienced with marking extended projects for your exam board
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Surely your A levels are far more important? Just put it to one side and focus on uni if you have that sorted. Is this end year 12 or 13?

Hi!
I've just finished year 12 so I'm quite concerned about this until I get to year 13 I guess, just looking for some reassurance on the matter
Original post by HoldThisL
you're unlikely to lose more that 2 marks assuming your school/college is experienced with marking extended projects for your exam board

What is this based on? How can you know since you dont know the extend the teacher deviated from the scoring system?
Hi!
I've just finished year 12 so I'm quite concerned about this until I get to year 13 I guess, just looking for some reassurance on the matter

I can only think of grouping with other epq friends and waiting. As you dont know if teacher has been too generous for everyone or it was just a few then its in the hands of the exam board. Your english is a bit confusing as how can they be disappointed with grades f they havent come back yet? Do you mean they were disappointed to be sent for moderation? If the latter then you have no idea if the teacher got it wrong or not as nobody has lost marks as of yet. The way your op reads it hints some of them already have a downgraded mark back?
Reply 6
Original post by HoldThisL

What is this based on? How can you know since you dont know the extend the teacher deviated from the scoring system?

True. It happens almost every year with my school tho lol
Reply 7
I can only think of grouping with other epq friends and waiting. As you dont know if teacher has been too generous for everyone or it was just a few then its in the hands of the exam board. Your english is a bit confusing as how can they be disappointed with grades f they havent come back yet? Do you mean they were disappointed to be sent for moderation? If the latter then you have no idea if the teacher got it wrong or not as nobody has lost marks as of yet. The way your op reads it hints some of them already have a downgraded mark back?

As I said above the results are already out but I couldn't receive mine on the day and am going to find out what I got via email so yes some people I know have received disappointing downgrades but idk what I got yet
Reply 8
As I said above the results are already out but I couldn't receive mine on the day and am going to find out what I got via email so yes some people I know have received disappointing downgrades but idk what I got yet

I don't know how big or small the downgrades are that people received but a lot of people were disappointed

Get in as quick as you can then. Nothing I can say to reassure you. You mean some people, not all people? Be practice for A levels in yr 13.
Id prepare for a C, so anything more is going top be an improvement.
Just an update everyone - I got an A*!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending