The Student Room Group

Jobs

Why is no one hiring me? I’m 17 years old and applied to 100 jobs through indeed.com and no one is hiring me.
Original post by cassie111
Why is no one hiring me? I’m 17 years old and applied to 100 jobs through indeed.com and no one is hiring me.

Are you getting interviews?

What kind of jobs are you applying for and do you have previous experience? Are you getting any feedback from your rejected applications?
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Are you getting interviews?

No :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
What kind of jobs are you applying for and do you have previous experience? Are you getting any feedback from your rejected applications?

I am applying for sales assistant jobs and I have 9 months previous experience, no one is giving me feedback from my rejected applications.
No :frown:

Then it's a problem with your CV or your answers to the online questionnaires. Get your CV professionally checked and contact the companies for feedback.
Reply 6
You need to go face to face and hand in you CV
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
Then it's a problem with your CV or your answers to the online questionnaires. Get your CV professionally checked and contact the companies for feedback.

Who can I get my CV professionally checked by?
I am applying for sales assistant jobs and I have 9 months previous experience, no one is giving me feedback from my rejected applications.

I see, have you asked for feedback or followed up your applications?

If you have experience, perhaps you could present it in your CV and applications better. Like others have suggested, get your CV checked by a friend or teacher (or you can even use the CV Help forum on TSR!) to see that it reads well and shows off your skills.

You could also consider other types of role that which share the same skills, for example, working in the food and service industry.
there may still be a careers service or prospects or xonexions services in your area they are free services whose sole aim is helping gyug people into work or training .. if you have a search they word certainly help with your CV and application letters ..

. as above if you are not getting to interview there is a problem with one of these . or you are applying for jobs that are way above your experience!?
What about broadening your search? Try supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs, cinemas etc. They all use the same kind of customer service skills so you'd be able to fit your prior work experience into what they're looking for.
Reply 11
update; i’ve recently gotten 2 interviews!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending